BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding New features codes with BimmerCode

09-04-2021, 10:28 AM   #1
Trimark
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 540d Xdrive (340hp LC

I managed to code the following new features with BimmerCode:
1. Bower&Wilkins sound menu for the Harman Kardon: it is available with the updated BimmerCode in HeadUnit menu. It allows you set the sound to preset profiles (Studio, Concept, On stage, Cinema, Lounge).

2. Active sound setting menu in the general settings menu using Expert mode (Headunit, search for Sound and enable the top three options). It allows you to configure the sound coming from the speakers (driving style dependent, sporty, balanced, reduced). Note you can turn off Active sound with BimmerCode.

3. M Menu in the general settings menu using Expert mode. As my car is not an M5, the M1 and M2 settings are useless, but the M drift analyser seems to be working with the M traction control settings (1-10).

See photos below. I will need to test these before giving an opinion. Do you have experience with these features?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00
      09-04-2021, 07:30 PM   #2
AddyDaddy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 M60, M5's, 535.335, M550i

Garage List
Interested in the drift option, what is that?
2019 M550 686BK Black Chrome 20"wheels, filters, Evolve Stage 1, Res delete
2024 i5 M60 Cape York Green
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 11:10 PM   #3
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

Is this specific to ID7 or will these work with ID6 too?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 11:41 PM   #4
Trimark
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
Is this specific to ID7 or will these work with ID6 too?
I have ID7, but it may work with ID6.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00
      09-04-2021, 11:47 PM   #5
Trimark
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyDaddy View Post
Interested in the drift option, what is that?
It records the time, lenght and angle of your drifts. It is a feature for the new M3/M4.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 06:37 AM   #6
DBV1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5d 2021 Tesla S

Thanks for the write up. Do the B&W sounds settings make a difference if you just of HK radio?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 08:18 AM   #7
Trimark
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV1 View Post
Thanks for the write up. Do the B&W sounds settings make a difference if you just of HK radio?
Yes, these are additional sound profiles that the original menu doesn't have and you can select/adjust to the music you are listening and the way you are listening. For example the Lounge setting is optimised to maximize the experience of rear passengers.

When listening to the radio, it doesn't make a difference due to the low/average quality of the signal, but if you listen to good quality music (i.e. via Youtube Music, Spotify), the different settings make a difference.

I guess to improve the quality more you need to upgrade the sound system in the car. These settings just optimize the HK experience.
Appreciate 3
540iSUP704.00
430Scud253.00
      09-06-2021, 12:50 AM   #8
BeoG30LCI
Enlisted Member
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

How to code Drift management feature? Tks
      09-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #9
Trimark
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeoG30LCI View Post
To code the M Menu and additional M functions you need to use Expert mode and enter M_GMBH menu within the Headunit menu. I have enabled all functions from top till M_Modus and the following happened:
- I have M Settings within the general settings
- In the M Settings I have M1 and M2 settings that are useless, I have M Drift Analyser, Instrument Cluster configuration and xDrive configurator (doesn't let me select the options)
- You can add new widgets to the instrument cluster (tire pressure, etc) and to the HUD, if you have one
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 12:18 PM   #10
DylanValenti
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW G30 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimark View Post
Quote:
To code the M Menu and additional M functions you need to use Expert mode and enter M_GMBH menu within the Headunit menu. I have enabled all functions from top till M_Modus and the following happened:
- In the M Settings I have M1 and M2 settings that are useless, I have M Drift Analyser, Instrument Cluster configuration and xDrive configurator (doesn't let me select the options)
- You can add new widgets to the instrument cluster (tire pressure, etc) and to the HUD, if you have one
A few things:

I believe that engine sound menu is for ACTUAL engine sound, not active sound. I know that menu open and closes the valve based on which option you select (on the G20, not sure if it works exactly the same on the G30). I've had this menu coded in for a while (and I've always coded active sound off) and I have noticed that my engine sounds a bit different now that I have set the sound to sporty.

Also I wonder if I install an f90 wheel with the m1 and m2 buttons, if they will just work, plug and play, since we now have that menu.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 03:57 PM   #11
Trimark
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanValenti View Post
Quote:
Quote:
A few things:

I believe that engine sound menu is for ACTUAL engine sound, not active sound. I know that menu open and closes the valve based on which option you select (on the G20, not sure if it works exactly the same on the G30). I've had this menu coded in for a while (and I've always coded active sound off) and I have noticed that my engine sounds a bit different now that I have set the sound to sporty.

Also I wonder if I install an f90 wheel with the m1 and m2 buttons, if they will just work, plug and play, since we now have that menu.
I am pretty sure that the Sound menu is related to engine sound in the cabin. This feature was first introduced in the M235i. Here is an article that summarizes it:
https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/03/13/b...-a-revelation/

Both Bimmecode and Carly has the option to control the exhaust valves (on or off). There is no balanced setting.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 04:00 PM   #12
DylanValenti
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A few things:

I am pretty sure that the Sound menu is related to engine sound in the cabin. This feature was first introduced in the M235i. Here is an article that summarizes it:
https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/03/13/b...-a-revelation/
I know for a fact that it DEFINITELY opens and closes the valve on the G20. Like I said idk if it also does something like that in the G30 or changes stuff the cabin (I wouldn't know bc I have active sound turned off). This guy demonstrates it at 9:53. I wonder if they keep the same menus, but they do different things based on different models🤔

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 01:40 AM   #13
DylanValenti
United_States
Rep

Follow-up for the M Menu: basically I was able to code the menus in, but when I actually try to select any of the options, none of them are able to save. Did I do something wrong?🤔
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 10:14 PM   #14
B530e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760xi, 2024 BMW 530i

Garage List
2021 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2020 BMW 530e  [0.00]
Quote:
1. Bower&Wilkins sound menu for the Harman Kardon: it is available with the updated BimmerCode in HeadUnit menu. It allows you set the sound to preset profiles (Studio, Concept, On stage, Cinema, Lounge).

2. Active sound setting menu in the general settings menu using Expert mode (Headunit, search for Sound and enable the top three options). It allows you to configure the sound coming from the speakers (driving style dependent, sporty, balanced, reduced). Note you can turn off Active sound with BimmerCode.

3. M Menu in the general settings menu using Expert mode. As my car is not an M5, the M1 and M2 settings are useless, but the M drift analyser seems to be working with the M traction control settings (1-10).

See photos below. I will need to test these before giving an opinion. Do you have experience with these features?
Is there any way to turn everything that's orange, red like the M cars?
      09-16-2021, 01:58 AM   #15
Trimark
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Follow-up for the M Menu: basically I was able to code the menus in, but when I actually try to select any of the options, none of them are able to save. Did I do something wrong?🤔
I had the same issue, most features don't work and cannot save or select the M1 and M2 settings. I guess we have to dig deeper or the car is not setup mechanically to enable these (not an M5).

I was wondering if a Vmax increase would be possible. Other members had been trying it for years, but couldn't solve it without professional help (BMW or Dinan).
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 02:00 AM   #16
Trimark
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B530e View Post
Quote:

Not sure what you mean. Could please describe in more detail?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 06:30 AM   #17
BimmerJ550
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550I xdrive

Garage List
2014 Bmw 535i   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

he probably mean sport displays and gauge cluster which if I'm right red turns it Grey with red needles
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 07:45 AM   #18
DylanValenti
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you know when you switch your car into eco mode, the entire interface becomes blue on iDrive. Like all the button outlines are blue and everything. On an M Car the interface is always red and it looks really cool. Apparently it can be coded, someone quoted me for $250 and that's way too much for that imo.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 08:46 AM   #19
Trimark
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you know when you switch your car into eco mode, the entire interface becomes blue on iDrive. Like all the button outlines are blue and everything. On an M Car the interface is always red and it looks really cool. Apparently it can be coded, someone quoted me for $250 and that's way too much for that imo.
The M dashboard is a standard option in Bimmercode (non-Expert mode) along the Alpina dashboard. Very similar to the basic Sport display, but the Vmax and Rpm is higher on the scales, if I recall correctly. The ambient lighting remains the same (can be set to red as standard). The Sport display on the ID pad can be accessed by the normal menu. I was referring to the ID7.

Did I answer the question or are we looking for a way to switch everything to M mode (dash, ambient lighting, ID tab) via a button? Do you have photo for reference?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 11:23 AM   #20
B530e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760xi, 2024 BMW 530i

Garage List
2021 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2020 BMW 530e  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, this is exactly what I meant
      09-16-2021, 12:17 PM   #21
DylanValenti
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The M dashboard is a standard option in Bimmercode (non-Expert mode) along the Alpina dashboard. Very similar to the basic Sport display, but the Vmax and Rpm is higher on the scales, if I recall correctly. The ambient lighting remains the same (can be set to red as standard). The Sport display on the ID pad can be accessed by the normal menu. I was referring to the ID7.

Did I answer the question or are we looking for a way to switch everything to M mode (dash, ambient lighting, ID tab) via a button? Do you have photo for reference?
Yeah here you go.

Normal iDrive 7 (Orange Theme)
View post on imgur.com

M iDrive 7 (Red Theme)
View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Apparently this can be coded, and I was quoted $250 to have it done. I may have them do it one day but for now, $250 is way too much for something like that imo
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 03:02 PM   #22
Trimark
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Bimmercode has the option to change the color of the M Sports Display from Orange to Red
Attached Images

Appreciate 0