BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Need help…

11-29-2021, 11:28 PM   #1
BeoG30LCI
Enlisted Member
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Need help…

I have this warning message everytime whenever open the door. The message disappears after engine start (no fault).
Attached Images

11-29-2021, 11:40 PM   #2
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
That basically means your 12V battery is low. The IBS system maintains it, but it is saying if you have heavy power devices running after shutdown they may be draining it more. It might also happen if the battery is aging too I'm sure.

If you are on an ICE car it could be an alternator issue or battery issue or IBS issue (like not coded to the battery size so not properly charging it). If on a PHEV I have had this happen in the cold if you didn't have a charge on the HV battery (the HV battery maintains the 12V as the PHEV lacks an alternator).
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2021, 02:01 AM   #3
BeoG30LCI
Enlisted Member
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
That basically means your 12V battery is low. The IBS system maintains it, but it is saying if you have heavy power devices running after shutdown they may be draining it more. It might also happen if the battery is aging too I'm sure.

If you are on an ICE car it could be an alternator issue or battery issue or IBS issue (like not coded to the battery size so not properly charging it). If on a PHEV I have had this happen in the cold if you didn't have a charge on the HV battery (the HV battery maintains the 12V as the PHEV lacks an alternator).
Thank you very much for your information
      11-30-2021, 09:24 AM   #4
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post

I don't have the same manual page on my pre LCI 2018 530e. I can't find any reference in my manual to the PHEV battery maintaining the regular battery. So the maintenance you refer to may only apply to post LCI cars.

I see the OP joined in 2016 the OP's car is probably pre LCI.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 11:58 AM   #5
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I don't have the same manual page on my pre LCI 2018 530e. I can't find any reference in my manual to the PHEV battery maintaining the regular battery. So the maintenance you refer to may only apply to post LCI cars.

I see the OP joined in 2016 the OP's car is probably pre LCI.
I suspect it applies to all G30 PHEV cars, but was only added to the manual in MY2020+. Perhaps due to batteries being damaged by tenders?

I attached the documentation for the changes added in MY2020 and BMW notes it is largely unchanged (though they do mention some unspecified software tweaks) from MY2019-.

It is from here on the forum. Somewhere. So I can't take credit for it.

ST1928 G30 PHEV Update.pdf
Appreciate 0