BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Collection experience

03-29-2017, 02:54 PM   #111
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
Health to wear! Very sharp colour. The standard seats are very good indeed. What spec did you go for apart from the 18'' rims - great looking jobs btw.
Besides the alloys I ordered enhanced Bluetooth with wi fi, sun protection glass, fineline ridge wood and foglights. Didn't want to go overboard on the options as I think it is well specced to begin with.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 12:31 AM   #112
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport Med Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
It comes from Irish - 'Go maire tú do is go gcaithe tú é.' It means 'May you live to wear it.' As in 'wear it out'. In other words, may you outlive it.
Thanks...you learn something everyday!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #113
Incom
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

A quick update on my collection disaster. After my 530i only making it off the dealers forecourt and then straight back on, it was with the dealer for nearly two weeks. I was then given two options, accept the repaired car with a chunk off the price, or reject it. Having had a previous car (Mercedes ML) that was a bit of a lemon that I wished I’d rejected straight away, I decided to take the rejection option this time.

I do really like the G30 though, so I’ve ordered a 540i xDrive instead. Hopefully this one won’t be a Friday afternoon build like the last one!

Nothing could possibly go wrong a third time……….could it?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #114
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incom View Post
A quick update on my collection disaster. After my 530i only making it off the dealers forecourt and then straight back on, it was with the dealer for nearly two weeks. I was then given two options, accept the repaired car with a chunk off the price, or reject it. Having had a previous car (Mercedes ML) that was a bit of a lemon that I wished I’d rejected straight away, I decided to take the rejection option this time.

I do really like the G30 though, so I’ve ordered a 540i xDrive instead. Hopefully this one won’t be a Friday afternoon build like the last one!

That is really frustrating. But I think you made the right call. If it ever gave trouble afterwards you would always regret taking it. It will be worth the wait!!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 03:09 PM   #115
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport Med Blue

Quote:

I hope they did you a deal on the 540 to compensate for the grief...nothing beats a six cylinder inline so it'll work out for tge best!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #116
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Quote:

Hello. Sorry I still didn't get it. Whappened to your G30 ? I have read u Ordered X5. It came and there were problems with seats so u change it to G30 530i. What happened with this one ?

EDIT : I found in other thread that u have some problem during drive.. So they fixed it after 2 weeks and then offered you to take a new car ?
You made a good decission because the repaired car could be not repaired .. as we know ).. but unlucky in my country it would not be possible to replace it I think because we have in law that u must have "3 same problems during first 2 years to have the right for moneyback or taking new thing"..

Last edited by BiGFather; 04-03-2017 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 03:24 AM   #117
Incom
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
But I think you made the right call. If it ever gave trouble afterwards you would always regret taking it.
My thoughts exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY View Post
I hope they did you a deal on the 540 to compensate for the grief...nothing beats a six cylinder inline so it'll work out for tge best!
BMW offered me some 'goodwill' compensation to keep the original car, but weren't prepared to offer anything if I swapped it. Given the hassle I've had, I was a little disappointed at that and I almost went for a different brand as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGFather View Post
Hello. Sorry I still didn't get it. Whappened to your G30 ? I have read u Ordered X5. It came and there were problems with seats so u change it to G30 530i. What happened with this one ?
Very long story short - I drove it off the dealers forecourt and within 10 seconds it came up with a Drivetrain Warning - so I turned around and took it straight back.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 03:46 AM   #118
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
But I think you made the right call. If it ever gave trouble afterwards you would always regret taking it.
My thoughts exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY View Post
BMW offered me some 'goodwill' compensation to keep the original car, but weren't prepared to offer anything if I swapped it. Given the hassle I've had, I was a little disappointed at that and I almost went for a different brand as a result.

Quote:
Very long story short - I drove it off the dealers forecourt and within 10 seconds it came up with a Drivetrain Warning - so I turned around and took it straight back.
Hopefully you're going through a different dealer now? Next time they can try more on your behalf or lose custom.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 04:15 AM   #119
Incom
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigmundUK View Post
Hopefully you're going through a different dealer now? Next time they can try more on your behalf or lose custom.
I'm using the same dealer - to be fair to them, none of the problems have been their fault. They've all been BMW manufacturing issues. Throughout the process the dealer has been really helpful.

I'm staying away from my other local dealer who were pretty crap when I bought a F10 535i from them. During a routine service, they managed to break the idrive software and by the time they had fixed that, they had buckled two of the alloys. Then when they replaced the alloys, they sliced one of the tyres as they shifted it to the new wheel - and without saying anything gave it back to me with a dangerous tyre where you could peel a 3 inch chunk of rubber back to the inner tyre wall. When I subsequently gave them a poor review on a BMW Customer Survey, I got a load of abuse from their service manager. Needless to say, I won't be giving them any more business!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 04:32 AM   #120
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Sorry to hear about that glitch Incom , I trust your dealer will or anyone who is involving these will get it sorted out .
The last thing your experienced with your F10 is just nasty to put it as mildly as possible
      04-04-2017, 05:51 AM   #121
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

We learned the hard way with our 2011 X3 one of the 1st produced a true lemon, BMW was honouring warranty jobs after the warranty expired 3 years later, like all 4 alloys corroding, bottom line the risks are always high with a new model just out, BMW tend to make modifications to the new cars after just 3 months to rectify screw ups not picked up by testing.
This time around my wife got her new X5 delivered last week, hopping this model well tested by BMW and buyers for the last 3 years will be hassle free touch wood.

Never the less we love our cars, the 540i is an excellent choice, it should works out for you just fine!

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 02:26 PM   #122
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Evening guys well.. I ordered my G30 in the half of Febuary and in my contract is latest date 15.5. but it's still NOT confirmed yet.. So I am really curious when it will be... My canceled 4er was confirmed in 3 days lol..

I can smell some sh*t in the air :-/
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #123
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Evening guys well.. I ordered my G30 in the half of Febuary and in my contract is latest date 15.5. but it's still NOT confirmed yet.. So I am really curious when it will be... My canceled 4er was confirmed in 3 days lol..

I can smell some sh*t in the air :-/
What does 'confirmed' mean?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 03:17 PM   #124
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

To be honest I am not sure..

But for me .. I feel like the car is not ordered yet or idk..
I signed everything + paid deposit 19.12.(on January they told me I must switch to FL cuz old one is not in production anymore).. and then on half of Febuary I switched to 5er..

So it all "started from start" - they told me usual waiting time for the new car is 2-3months..

The 4er was confirmed in 3 days - so when I switched to 5er they HAD to take the 4er (ofc with changed specs and ordered for saloon/stock)

But the 5er is not confirmed yet they said.. It's really strange for me.. it's almost 2 months..

Dealer explained : I dont have it confirmed from German factory yet so I dont know when it will be ready for you and I cant promise you the end of April..
I am trying to contact him week by week and asking him if it's gonna be in April.. but In my mind I hope it will be to 15.5....

Now I am starting to think it will neither be the April nor the May..

Last edited by BiGFather; 04-06-2017 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 11:47 AM   #125
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Well after my spamming the dealer woken up.
I know now why he has been avoiding all my questions.

He half promised me April.. after I signed he change it to "I hope". Then some informations like "usually this usually that bla bla".

Now I told him I MUST know it cuz of credit. So he wrote me "well....I can confirm production in May but not the delivery. Depends in which week are they going to make it.. it could be delivered in June.."

Typical Czech sellers style... promising unreal.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #126
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

He half promised me April.. after I signed he change it to "I hope". Then some informations like "usually this usually that bla bla".

Now I told him I MUST know it cuz of credit. So he wrote me "well....I can confirm production in May but not the delivery. Depends in which week are they going to make it.. it could be delivered in June.."

Sounds so dodgy. Can't he just give you an order number?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #127
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Seems he cant or doesnt want to.. I asked him twice and he avoided that...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #128
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Seems he cant or doesnt want to.. I asked him twice and he avoided that...
Hope this works out for you man.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 02:56 AM   #129
SpainG30_520
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d G30 2017

My experience. The second day since collection: error in the KAFAS camera. The driving assist system doesn't work. Several warnings and message to go immediately to the dealer. As you can imagine, also a very dangerous issue. The dealer replaced the camera but as it wasn't specific to the G30, more warnings and again, of course, it doesn't work yet. Next step: waiting now to send the specific camera for the G30. Meanwhile the driving assistance plus package has no any use. BMW recommendation: next time you have to wait and use the driving assistance aids once the system learn about you driving style.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #130
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hope this works out for you man.
I hope it's gonna be ok. Thanks
Ye he was just ..... cuz he didn't want to tell me it will be much later than promised April. He tried to play dead to create as much time as possible and then tell it to me..
If he told me in Feb that it's gonna be June I would order it from other of Cze BMW saloon and he probably felt it from me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpainG30_520 View Post
My experience. The second day since collection: error in the KAFAS camera. The driving assist system doesn't work. Several warnings and message to go immediately to the dealer. As you can imagine, also a very dangerous issue. The dealer replaced the camera but as it wasn't specific to the G30, more warnings and again, of course, it doesn't work yet. Next step: waiting now to send the specific camera for the G30. Meanwhile the driving assistance plus package has no any use. BMW recommendation: next time you have to wait and use the driving assistance aids once the system learn about you driving style.
Wow it's really dangerous. It works with normal assitant too right? (autobreak - cars, person, obstacle)
How exactly did u recognize it ? It showed an error ?
I guess not by hitting some of these

Wait and let car learn ur driving style is what, let it off first 1k miles or.. ?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 01:05 PM   #131
G30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xdrive

Quote:

I don't know if this helps, I ordered my car at the end of march And production was completed about 15 days after order went in. If I was you I would be going to a different dealer, money Is in your pockets why let the dealer jerk you around?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 03:09 PM   #132
SpainG30_520
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d G30 2017

Quote:
I hope it's gonna be ok. Thanks
Ye he was just ..... cuz he didn't want to tell me it will be much later than promised April. He tried to play dead to create as much time as possible and then tell it to me..
If he told me in Feb that it's gonna be June I would order it from other of Cze BMW saloon and he probably felt it from me..

Wow it's really dangerous. It works with normal assitant too right? (autobreak - cars, person, obstacle)
How exactly did u recognize it ? It showed an error ?
I guess not by hitting some of these

Wait and let car learn ur driving style is what, let it off first 1k miles or.. ?

Yes. Several warning messages appeared, disabling the assistance systems (autobreak, person, obstacle). Now, with the replacement camera wrong, the system doesn't allow any type of activation of the driving assistance.
Appreciate 0