BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Vibration at high speed post tyre replacement

06-30-2023, 04:47 PM   #1
sadnalor
Registered
Rep
Drives: G30 2019

Vibration at high speed post tyre replacement

Hi all,

This is my first post. Good to be here. I've been reading the forums for a while and finally decided to join. Got a bmw g30 2019 rwd. Hope someone can help me here.

I've just replaced my original pirelli cinturato p7 run flat tyres for goodyear f1 eagle asymmetric 3 non-rft. All good, but I have vibration at high speed (80mph/130kph). My first thought was improper balancing, but went back to the service and they rebalanced the front wheels in front of my eyes. 0/0. They said the rear wheels are unlikely to cause this, but we'll try to rebalance next week too just in case after the tyres are a bit more broken in. Maybe they were just too busy today... In the meantime I am losing hope though. In some articles I did find that too low or too high pressure could cause this. Tried 2.3/2.3 and 2.5/2.7atm pressures, no difference. Also when the vibration happens I feel it in the floor/seat/steering wheel, read it could be rear tyre imbalance. Also read it could be just faulty tyres, but man am I unlucky if this is the case...

Has someone else experienced this? Were you able to fix it? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 04:52 PM   #2
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: G30

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnalor View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post. Good to be here. I've been reading the forums for a while and finally decided to join. Got a bmw g30 2019 rwd. Hope someone can help me here.

I've just replaced my original pirelli cinturato p7 run flat tyres for goodyear f1 eagle asymmetric 3 non-rft. All good, but I have vibration at high speed (80mph/130kph). My first thought was improper balancing, but went back to the service and they rebalanced the front wheels in front of my eyes. 0/0. They said the rear wheels are unlikely to cause this, but we'll try to rebalance next week too just in case after the tyres are a bit more broken in. Maybe they were just too busy today... In the meantime I am losing hope though. In some articles I did find that too low or too high pressure could cause this. Tried 2.3/2.3 and 2.5/2.7atm pressures, no difference. Also when the vibration happens I feel it in the floor/seat/steering wheel, read it could be rear tyre imbalance. Also read it could be just faulty tyres, but man am I unlucky if this is the case...

Thank you in advance!
It could definitely be the tires, before diving into that though I would highly recommend getting them road forced.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 12:57 AM   #3
sadnalor
Registered
Rep
Drives: G30 2019

Thanks maDjzo I'll try to find one in Barcelona. Could it also be because I put 103y xl instead of 99y on the back?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 07:46 AM   #4
BMW012
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M550i CBM/Ivory

Garage List
search for it within the general thread. there is one with a lot of pages with good information
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 02:13 PM   #5
capese21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 5 series Msport G30 530e

If there was no vibration before then get all four wheels balanced. A road force balance is preferable although not essential.

I had to buy new wheels to fix the high speed vibration on mine after aroadforce balance & a standard balance didnt fix it it even though they balanced on the machine ok.

One or more of them must of had a small buckle. New wheels with the same tires finally fixed it.

This post was helpful.

https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1981578
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 01:31 PM   #6
umb2021
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnalor View Post
Hi all,

Thank you in advance!
I experience the same - did you fix it?
Appreciate 0