BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #23
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i Cabrio

Ya custom wheels, spoiler and exhaust but not sure what else. It didn't drive any different at those speeds but it sure sounded good.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #24
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 335i

I had a good time this morning. Luckily the autoX course was dry by the time I got to it. I wish I got more time in the manual tranny car on the autoX track. The auto wasn't as much fun. It was nice to see how the DSC handles the sand on the corner. I would have liked to try a run with the DSC turned off to compare. If anyone is thinking about autoX then the active steering is a must have. For daily driving I don't think it is needed. The M package is a must have. The seats are better but the Steering wheel is the best!!! That white 135 with the BMW performance goodies looked good and sounded awesome!!! The stock exhaust has a mean sound from outside the car. I agree with Bringinthewolf about the 128. Nice motor and it is a quick car. The 135 is just a monster though! Overall I'm very happy with the car and happy I went to the event.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #25
driftdriven
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Hey vanbmw, I must have seen you there this morning. I was my girlfriend
and we had a great time drive the 1. Everytime I get behind the wheel of the 1 I can't help but grin. The power is great in the 128 but the 135 is something else. I am really amazed with the factory suspension as the handling is very predictable, this coming from a Subaru enthusiast that loves AWD means a lot! Anyways, if anyone with the 1 planning a track day please let me know!!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 08:30 PM   #26
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep

I was in the blue group at 10am. I was the good looking guy that was putting down the fastest lap times out there! Okay...maybe I'm still a bit gitty from my driving this morning...That car would be fun to get out on a track and really let it run.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #27
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep

Does anybody know what value $$$ the gift certificate for the BMW driving school is worth? I didn't look at the gift card they gave us till I left. I thought it was just for the premium maintenance package. I don't need a bike rack but I wouldn't mind going to a BMW track day!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #28
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbmw View Post
Does anybody know what value $$$ the gift certificate for the BMW driving school is worth? I didn't look at the gift card they gave us till I left. I thought it was just for the premium maintenance package. I don't need a bike rack but I wouldn't mind going to a BMW track day!!!
The tire warranty is worth about $800 so I assume the value of the driving school credit would be about the same but that's just a guess.

You are so right about the steering wheel in the M package car. I had a friend with me when I did the afternoon session and he knows nothing about the 1'er. We were about half way through when he jumped behind the wheel of the M car for the first time. First thing out of his mouth when he sits down and grabs the wheel is "holy shit, this thing is nice".

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #29
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Sounds like fun.. I'm really hoping I get picked for Calgary. Not looking too good though.. Give me a thumbs up if you happen to see my name on the site!
      04-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #30
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Sounds like fun.. I'm really hoping I get picked for Calgary. Not looking too good though.. Give me a thumbs up if you happen to see my name on the site!
Call your dealer and tell them you want to go. My salesman called and asked me if I wanted to go. Within 5 minutes I got an email from the dealership with my pin# and the link to sign up. It is so good event to go to. It would have been an excellent event if we got to go a little faster...maybe turn of the DSC and play a little more.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 09:14 AM   #31
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

So how hard did you have to try to get into the event? I've been registered on the poorly designed site since day 1 and haven't heard anything about the Montreal or Toronto events.
      04-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #32
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbmw View Post
Call your dealer and tell them you want to go. My salesman called and asked me if I wanted to go. Within 5 minutes I got an email from the dealership with my pin# and the link to sign up. It is so good event to go to. It would have been an excellent event if we got to go a little faster...maybe turn of the DSC and play a little more.
Interesting. I asked him, and he said he has no control over it, but if he had it his way, all his customers would be there.
      04-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #33
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

I was at the event Saturday morning and loved the vehicle so much I ordered a 135i vert last night. Unfortunately, it won't be around until the beginning of June.

The AW 135i coupe with the M gear was a hell of a good looking car.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #34
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
I was at the event Saturday morning and loved the vehicle so much I ordered a 135i vert last night. Unfortunately, it won't be around until the beginning of June.

The AW 135i coupe with the M gear was a hell of a good looking car.
Yes it was sweet..sounded good too.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #35
kevintran
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I wish I had heard about this. I still got to drive the sedona red one at BJ the next day though :roundel:
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #36
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep

spudwest, I got in online and I got an entry from my dealer so I'm sure you will get in. I don't think there are that many people doing the online thing. Except for Saturday mid-day, our Vancouver events were not even full.

Stefan, raise the BS flag on your sales guy. My sales guy got me in through the finance dept, even though I'm not financing. Tell your guy to try harder and to check with finance.

warmtoes, awesome choice. Which colour did you get? Mine should be the first one in Vancouver and you shouldn't be to far behind. Which time/colour were you on Saturday? We were 8:00 and green.

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #37
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

I opted for the Titanium Silver with Coral Red interior and moonlight black top. As for options I got the Steptronic with paddle shifters, M sport, Premium, Electric seats, premium sound and PDC. Basically everything but NAV. My avatar is a good represenation of what I'm getting.

I was in the blue group at 8am on Saturday I believe. We started off on the lower speed technology drive.

You will definitely be one of the first to have one in town. June seems eons away.

It was interesting when I presented the business manager at the dealer that Road Hazard incentive we got at the event. They had no idea it existed.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #38
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
I opted for the Titanium Silver with Coral Red interior and moonlight black top. As for options I got the Steptronic with paddle shifters, M sport, Premium, Electric seats, premium sound and PDC. Basically everything but NAV. My avatar is a good represenation of what I'm getting.

I was in the blue group at 8am on Saturday I believe. We started off on the lower speed technology drive.

You will definitely be one of the first to have one in town. June seems eons away.

It was interesting when I presented the business manager at the dealer that Road Hazard incentive we got at the event. They had no idea it existed.
Nice choice. The Coral red is amazing in person. I was nervous about ordering the Moonlight top but I have since seen it up close and it looks great.

I did a similiar event last year when we bought our Mini and they gave us a certificate for $1000 in accessories. My sales guy then was just as surprised when I handed him the certificate. He had no idea what it was.

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 12:52 PM   #39
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

I opted for the moonlight top without ever really seeing it. I'm glad you've seen it and like it. In person the coral red is very nice. I think one of the cars at the event had a lemon interior. Better not have kids with that colour.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:01 AM   #40
1erBlr
Rep
Drives:

Went to the Van drv event. The instructors were great and knew their stuff, didn't love the Active Stearing demonstration, but was different. Learned from someone at the event that all of the mods done on the 135i with BMW PP are available for a 128i. So that is the vehicle I ordered, and will modify with PP. LOVE THE EXHAUST!!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:05 AM   #41
1erBlr
Rep
Drives:

Yeah the BMW Performance exhaust was on it. Here is a vid where you can hear the difference:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7474
Also loved the carbon mirror caps. The new BMW Performance range is pretty slick, need more info though from dlrs
Appreciate 0