BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Can someone else buy-out my lease?

07-19-2020, 04:42 PM   #1
carbo56
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Can someone else buy-out my lease?

My 2018 M550 was due to come off lease on June 30, but I extended until August 30 while I wait for my new 2021, which should be here by mid-August.

BMWFS is offering a $7500 customer purchase discount on my 2018, and a friend is interesting in buying it at that price. Is there a way for him to buy it directly from BMWFS so that it transfers to him? Or would I need to buy it first and then sell it to him, in which case he would have to pay tax on both transactions? I live in NJ and he lives in PA and would title it there.

Or are we better off negotiating with the dealer to get him an even better price? he likes my car because he knows it is well kept - its basically mint with 32K miles.

Sorry to ask here, but trying to talk to someone at BMWFS is a PIA right now, the hold times are ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 10:43 PM   #2
540i_DFW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i, BMW 540i xDrive

It's cool you're doing that for your friend. I think the dealership should be able to arrange something for a small documentation fee. Let us know how it goes.
Appreciate 0