BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs PPF for lower part of Doors

09-03-2020, 07:42 PM   #1
diggis_tennis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 528i Msport

PPF for lower part of Doors

Hi All, silly question - am thinking of getting full front, rockers, and rear bumper and wondering if it ll look weird and obvious if I just get lower part of the doors wrapped? obviously i am trying to save cost.

Also, is rear fender worth covering?

I will be getting ceramic pro silver package as well for the whole car minus wheel wells and calipers.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #2
Titan2004
Private
Rep
Drives: M550i/M50i/488/Maybach/RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggis_tennis View Post
Hi All, silly question - am thinking of getting full front, rockers, and rear bumper and wondering if it ll look weird and obvious if I just get lower part of the doors wrapped? obviously i am trying to save cost.

Also, is rear fender worth covering?

I will be getting ceramic pro silver package as well for the whole car minus wheel wells and calipers.
It will look weird and you'll likely get a chip above the ppf anyway. Go with the front bumper, hood, rockers and maybe front fenders and side mirrors. Anything beyond that and you should just do the entire car. It's going to get chips and/or the film is going to get nicks over time regardless
Appreciate 1
GTFISH54.00
      09-10-2020, 01:45 PM   #3
Ck00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x5

What color car do you have? Do you plan to keep this car long term? How often do you wash your car?
Those will be my deciding factors if I were you. The ppf tend to yellow and orange peel over time. The edges trap in debris over time and become very noticeable especially on lighter color paint. That's why people prefer to tuck in edges and do full panel wraps.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 04:55 PM   #4
Titan2004
Private
Rep
Drives: M550i/M50i/488/Maybach/RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck00 View Post
What color car do you have? Do you plan to keep this car long term? How often do you wash your car?
Those will be my deciding factors if I were you. The ppf tend to yellow and orange peel over time. The edges trap in debris over time and become very noticeable especially on lighter color paint. That's why people prefer to tuck in edges and do full panel wraps.
Xpel has never yellowed or orange peeled for me on any cars I've owned, including white. Also, a meticulous installer will not leave an sharp edges to curl or trap debris, specifically on the leading edge of rockers prone to sling. I agree with full panel or no panel protection as you've stated
Appreciate 0