BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Definitive EBC Red Stuff part number for M Sport Brakes?

02-10-2024, 08:33 AM   #1
tjbuggy2b
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive M Sport

Definitive EBC Red Stuff part number for M Sport Brakes?

Can someone please let me definitively what the part numbers are for the Red Stuff pads for the M Sport (blue caliper) brakes? I can't seem to find them in the Googlewebz. Searching the forums, I see very inconsistent and conflicting info. People list part numbers which websites say don't fit my car. I see people saying the rotor size is 348mm when the fronts are actually 374mm. I see posts that claim that the brakes on one some other BMW models are the same as mine but can't find any corroborating evidence for that.

If you have M Sport brakes and have installed the Red Stuff pads, can you please tell me what part number you ordered from the front and rear?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 02:28 PM   #2
g11hoonigan
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbuggy2b View Post
Can someone please let me definitively what the part numbers are for the Red Stuff pads for the M Sport (blue caliper) brakes? I can't seem to find them in the Googlewebz. Searching the forums, I see very inconsistent and conflicting info. People list part numbers which websites say don't fit my car. I see people saying the rotor size is 348mm when the fronts are actually 374mm. I see posts that claim that the brakes on one some other BMW models are the same as mine but can't find any corroborating evidence for that.

If you have M Sport brakes and have installed the Red Stuff pads, can you please tell me what part number you ordered from the front and rear?

TIA
If your calipers are painted, you may have the larger one on front (374mm). FMSI x-reference IIRC is #1868 (#1867 is the 348mm).

Brembo p/n would be P06106. EBC Red stuff is DP32304C. EBC Yellow stuff is DP42304R

Please double check the dimensions of the pads for accuracy. EBC Direct has this specs:

https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/ebc-reds...-pads-dp32304c

Brembo site: https://www.brembostoreusa.com/produ...pad-set/P06106
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 08:56 AM   #3
tjbuggy2b
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive M Sport

The EBC pads don't specify if it's for M Sport or standard, and the size is different than the Brembo pads. So, not exactly confidence inspiring.

I ended up just getting the pads with my rotors from Brakenetic. They're ceramic, low dust. I doubt I will ever track this car, maybe a little moderate canyon carving on a rare occasion. So, these should be fine, assuming I don't heat them up a ton.
Appreciate 0