BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Coilovers vs Air Suspension?

01-24-2024, 01:15 PM   #1
jermglo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i M Sport

Garage List
Coilovers vs Air Suspension?

Looking to lower my car but not really sure of the route to take. I have recently purchased a set of H&R Lowering Springs & got some second thoughts before installing them. I was looking at the KW V3 Coilovers but for the price I noticed I could also go the air ride route. Also there doesn’t seem to be many companies that provide a coilover system for the G30.

Was just curious if anyone has done either coilovers or air ride & had any recommendations for someone who is brand new to the G30 platform!

Any help/information is very much appreciated. Take it easy!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 10:49 PM   #2
slack
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i; G30 540ix

Hopefully you’ll get more feedback but keep us posted whatever you go with. I also recently did a lot of this research and ended up going with the KW v3 coilovers… but they aren’t getting installed until April.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
jermglo27.00
      01-26-2024, 06:59 AM   #3
jermglo
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slack View Post
Hopefully you’ll get more feedback but keep us posted whatever you go with. I also recently did a lot of this research and ended up going with the KW v3 coilovers… but they aren’t getting installed until April.
Nice! Please respond with photos after the install! When you were searching did you see any reputable suspension companies that even offer coilovers for our car? It seems like the selection is VERY slim.
Appreciate 1
slack11.50
      01-26-2024, 04:04 PM   #4
AntWrig
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 530i

I got the pss10 system for my 530i. I won’t post any pictures yet because the suspension is not dailed in but it’s much better than stock.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 02:41 PM   #5
jermglo
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntWrig View Post
I got the pss10 system for my 530i. I won’t post any pictures yet because the suspension is not dailed in but it’s much better than stock.
Have you drove a decent amount with that coilover installed? Curious to see how the ride feels compared to stock. Please also reply with a picture once you dial in the fitment
Appreciate 0