BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Photos - Video - Build Threads My 540ix Bluestone Build

04-05-2024, 12:14 AM   #441
AntWrig
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
P3 Vent Gauge

I saw this a while ago but the price initially was off putting... but the more I saw them online and in other cars, I decided to take the plunge and I bought one. Some discount from the guys at Performance On The Net (POTN) helped sweeten the purchase.

There are cheaper alternatives to view the various parameters (such as Bimmerlink or BM3 app) but they require you to connect up a device with the cable and set it all up. This is already there and setup to work as soon as you start the car.... a big plus point - maybe that is what warrants the high price tag

Looking forward to installing it soon and having a play around with it. The thing I like the most is how it integrates into the car and doesn't look out of place. It could almost pass off as OEM - a very clean look. The colours on the display also match the dashboard colours which is a nice touch.

There are many functions on this (more than I'd use it for but nice to have I guess)

Boost
Coolant temperature
Air/Fuel ratio
Vehicle speed
Intake air temperature
Throttle angle
Ignition timing
Engine RPM
Exhaust gas temperature
Battery voltage
Programmable shift light
analogue input 1
analogue input 2
Acceleration timers
Braking timers

Few pictures below but I'll get some of the installation and it all fitted up.
I will need this!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 05:55 PM   #442
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Ross Racing B58 Gen1 Billet PCV Breather/Delete Kit (V2) with Oil Catch Can...

With reliability and preventative maintenance being a corner stone in my project/build, I'm working through the common issues with my G30 540i to remediate/remove them and try to make it that bit more bulletproof. I've already tackled the coolant tanks and pipes and replaced them with the newer v2 versions. The next thing on the list was the PCV system.

After a lot of online research and watching many videos on YouTube, I decided to buy the Ross Racing B58 Gen1 Billet PCV Breather/Delete Kit (V2) with Oil Catch Can - I think this is the best kit out there. Some might day it's overkill... maybe, but when it looks this good and how well it's made, I wanted this on my build.

Some of you may know/have seen that the PCV can fail on the B58 powered cars... with me now in the process of pushing more power and rather than me waiting for this to fail, I've decided to remove it from the car and fit this kit. Any oil vapour that comes out the crankcase will end up in the OCC (rather than going back through the turbo, intake, chargepipe or intake manifold) and any fumes will be able to VTA - vent through the breather ontop of the OCC and route under the car via the hose.

This kit will help with the reliability of the car when it's pushed even further in the future. Thanks to Matt at rossrperformance for sorting me out with this.

Looking forward to getting it fitted soon... just waiting for the car to come back to me. The turbo and coolant bits have all been fitted, it's just being road tuned but due to the bad weather recently, it's taking a bit longer.

I will also need to modify the OCC bracket to fit the car as it's made for F series cars 😏
Attached Images

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 04:38 PM   #443
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

My 20" BBS CI-R's came out of hibernation today... The wheels were coated with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour back in 2020... the coating is still holding up well but thought it was time for a top up as they say it only lasts 2-3 years.

I spent some time this afternoon wiping them down with panel wipe and then replied some more C5. They recommend 12 hours of cure time indoors before putting them back on. I'm a big fan of Gtechniq products as they are very easy to work with and very forgiving if you happen to have any high spots.

Tyres are down to 4mm. I will look to change them later this year. Still waiting for the Michelin PS4S replacements to be released (Pilot Sport S 5 - the new naming convention from Michelin) in the 245 and 275 BMW sizes. They seem to only have released them for Porsche cars at the moment 🤷🏽‍♂️
Attached Images

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 1