BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Anyone running Camber plates on Stock

03-25-2021, 08:31 AM   #23
Billy_BMW
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

What’s the maximum camber possible with these Millway plates, assuming you’re using stock or MPS/KW V3 plates?

Is something like 2-3 degrees, noticeable in day to day, fast-road usage or something that will only be beneficial on track to save tyres/improve turn-in etc?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 01:56 AM   #24
n8dgr84
572whp Stock Turbos/DP E60 Tune by Tier1Tuning
Rep
Drives: M2C - 6MT - Flex Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
-2.4 total (per wheel of course). Yes there is no mention on their website or in the installation instructions, so everyone fitting these to an F80/82/M2C (or in my case OG F87 with the F80 bracing) with plans to have a street setting for their 'Street' plates & go between that and a track setting is going to be disappointed. You get taken in with the idea of quieter 'Street' plates without knowing they really aren't a practical track camber plate
Thanks for the info.
How much camber would you like to run on the track?
I would assume -2.4 would be decent for street tires but likely insufficient for race tires?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 05:37 PM   #25
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dgr84 View Post
Thanks for the info.
How much camber would you like to run on the track?
I would assume -2.4 would be decent for street tires but likely insufficient for race tires?
I'd hoped to start around -3.0 for track (using RE71RS's), with 2.4 the outer shoulders are wearing a bit quickly.

So far -2.4 (zero toe-in) is working well for daily with PS4S's. I've done 12K km with this set up, there is barely any extra wear on the inner tread and despite 3 x 2 day trips with a lot of spirited mountain twisties the outer shoulders are in great condition, previously they'd be scrubbed up.
Appreciate 2
FTP2034.00
      03-29-2021, 12:35 AM   #26
n8dgr84
572whp Stock Turbos/DP E60 Tune by Tier1Tuning
Rep
Drives: M2C - 6MT - Flex Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
I'd hoped to start around -3.0 for track (using RE71RS's), with 2.4 the outer shoulders are wearing a bit quickly.

So far -2.4 (zero toe-in) is working well for daily with PS4S's. I've done 12K km with this set up, there is barely any extra wear on the inner tread and despite 3 x 2 day trips with a lot of spirited mountain twisties the outer shoulders are in great condition, previously they'd be scrubbed up.
Cheers, thanks David!
Appreciate 0