BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board How "Common Courtesy" is Spoiling Bad Drivers

02-27-2024, 09:42 PM   #45
Alvin Mpower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

This happened to me a while ago. At this big intersection, 1 lane turning left, 3 lane going forward and 1 lane turning right. Left turn goes green, then turns red, and forward lane turns green. This mofo in forward lane 2 accelerated into forward lane 1, came to a complete stop and started to signal turning left. I was 2 cars behind lane 1 and I was freaking furious. Left turning lane quickly got packed so she had no way getting into it, so she decide to just block the whole forward lane and sat there for the longest time. I have never met anyone so dumb and selfish in my life, how do you just block a whole forward lane traffic on a super busy road? It was unbelievable. Finally after 2-3 minutes she decided it's time to go forward. And guess what? THERE IS A U TURN LANE JUST 100 FT DOWN THE FREAKING ROAD. I have never seen anything this egregious in my life. I honked at her so hard, I was never wanted to beat someone up so bad before. I wish I had a rock so I could throw it at her car. UNBELIEVABLE!

I just wish people aren't so stupid and selfish. If you missed a turn, GO TO THE NEXT ONE DOWN THE ROAD. If you missed an exit, GO TO THE NEXT ONE DOWN THE ROAD. LIKE WTF. So many occasions these mofos either suddenly entering an exist or decide to exist out the exist last second, I hate when people do that. Don't force yourself into traffic, you are just asking to get rear ended. Or in this case, holding a whole lane hostage for no reason at all.

Last edited by Alvin Mpower; 02-27-2024 at 09:50 PM..
Appreciate 2
gatorfast4997.50
      02-28-2024, 05:32 AM   #46
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

I wonder if the prevalence of infotainment has an effect on this.
      02-28-2024, 10:24 AM   #47
bagekko
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lots of BMWs

Garage List
2018 M4 Vert  [0.00]
2006 Z4M Roadster  [0.00]
1995 540i  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 i3 Rex  [0.00]
2021 X7 40i MSport  [0.00]
Haven't experienced stopping to exit, but plenty of people stopping to enter a rotary when there is no one in it.

To many people who think Yield signs mean you can ignore them, that the other person is supposed to yield, or that its a mandatory stop no matter what. Stop signs are optional. I think the comprehension of road signs in the US is very low with Yield being the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilver.X1 View Post
my area doesn't have that many roundabouts.... but at the two near me, people are confused. people who are already in the roundabout are yielding to people entering the roundabout. then there are some who don't seem to know how to drive in a circular pattern. not really surprised because at most high schools, driver's ed is a joke. don't even get me started on how many drivers come to a complete stop when they are trying to exit roundabout. just saw one a couple of hours ago. the guy stopped, causing all of the cars in the roundabout to come to a stop, then he proceeded to make a 90-degree turn to exit the roundabout and enter another street. I would have honked, but it happens all the time and if I honked each time, my horns would have worn out by now. (sorry... rant over)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 07:07 AM   #48
Leucosticte
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi E92 6mt swap

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Mpower View Post
This happened to me a while ago. At this big intersection, 1 lane turning left, 3 lane going forward and 1 lane turning right. Left turn goes green, then turns red, and forward lane turns green. This mofo in forward lane 2 accelerated into forward lane 1, came to a complete stop and started to signal turning left. I was 2 cars behind lane 1 and I was freaking furious. Left turning lane quickly got packed so she had no way getting into it, so she decide to just block the whole forward lane and sat there for the longest time. I have never met anyone so dumb and selfish in my life, how do you just block a whole forward lane traffic on a super busy road? It was unbelievable. Finally after 2-3 minutes she decided it's time to go forward. And guess what? THERE IS A U TURN LANE JUST 100 FT DOWN THE FREAKING ROAD. I have never seen anything this egregious in my life. I honked at her so hard, I was never wanted to beat someone up so bad before. I wish I had a rock so I could throw it at her car. UNBELIEVABLE!

I just wish people aren't so stupid and selfish. If you missed a turn, GO TO THE NEXT ONE DOWN THE ROAD. If you missed an exit, GO TO THE NEXT ONE DOWN THE ROAD. LIKE WTF. So many occasions these mofos either suddenly entering an exist or decide to exist out the exist last second, I hate when people do that. Don't force yourself into traffic, you are just asking to get rear ended. Or in this case, holding a whole lane hostage for no reason at all.
From what I've heard, spark plug ceramic works well on windows if you want to indulge in your desire to throw rocks.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 07:26 AM   #49
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

My two cents...

Merging:
I kind of hate to be that guy, but the biggest problem in my view (and yes I am most definitely guilty of this) is that people no longer stay a proper distance behind the vehicle in front of them. Doing this alone would significantly help cars to merge safely.

Roundabouts:
I mostly like them, but they are terrible when put somewhere with any level of pedestrian traffic.