BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Jim Jordan Republican and pervert

02-13-2020, 08:52 AM   #23
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D22M2 View Post
The captains desperate… Super desperate
Desperate = posting a relevant article?

What the fuck are you talking about?
      02-13-2020, 08:57 AM   #24
detroitm2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I personally find it hard to imagine that someone could NOT know this was going on with this many victims involved but, of course, none of us know that for sure. Victims of sexual crime often become, and often already were, psychologically damaged.

I would like to reiterate that I don't have a dog in this fight and I'm not taking a side.
I mostly agree.

I'm also on the side of "if this ends up being true, burn them at the stake"
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2020, 09:05 AM   #25
detroitm2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Um... 145 victims is A LOT of victims.
The 145 victims is from his entire 20 year tenure at OSU. Jim Jordan would have only been there for a handful of years.

Its interesting that only Jim Jordan is the target here. He was an assistant coach on the team. What of the other coaches? What about Russ Hellickson? Why is no one talking about him? Or any of the other OSU administrators?
Appreciate 2
MKSixer19841.00

02-13-2020, 09:08 AM   #26
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
The 145 victims is from his entire 20 year tenure at OSU. Jim Jordan would have only been there for a handful of years.

Its interesting that only Jim Jordan is the target here. He was an assistant coach on the team. What of the other coaches? What about Russ Hellickson? Why is no one talking about him? Or any of the other OSU administrators?
Same reason so many are focused on Hunter Biden instead of the former CIA agent who served on the Burisma board at the same time.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 2
      02-13-2020, 09:11 AM   #27
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #28
detroitm2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Same reason so many are focused on Hunter Biden instead of the former CIA agent who served on the Burisma board at the same time.
Mr Black left the CIA in 2005. 12 years before joining the Burisma board.

he also has a background in security, intelligence, international business development, and foreign policy.

He had zero conflict of interest and was actually qualified for the position, unlike Hunter.

But this is conversation for another thread.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer19841.00
N54Yankee2177.00

02-13-2020, 09:28 AM   #29
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Mr Black left the CIA in 2005. 12 years before joining the Burisma board.

he also has a background in security, intelligence, international business development, and foreign policy.

He had zero conflict of interest and was actually qualified for the position, unlike Hunter.

But this is conversation for another thread.
Touche, though I should have said the same reason that specific incident of alleged corruption was important to some. It helps your side, politically.

Appreciate 1
      02-13-2020, 09:54 AM   #30
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:

The testimony revolved around the fact that he was testifying that Jordan, specifically, called him to cover up the allegations.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ms/4741555002/

“Jim Jordan called me crying, groveling, begging me to go against my brother, begging me, crying for a half-hour. That’s the kind of cover-up that’s going on there," Adam DiSabato told members of the Ohio House Civil Justice Committee about a conversation the congressman and him had on July 24, 2018.
      02-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #31
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

This story first came out back in 2018 as he was campaigning to keep his seat and for the house minority leader

Then in 2019

And now in 2020 as hes on the campaign trail again, this story comes up again with no new facts.

Everytime, there have been people that said Jim Jordan had no knowledge of the events, that he was not involved with these events, and that they were present at the times some of these events that were "reported" to jordan took place, and they did not happen as was described by 1 or 2 people.

No one has denied that abuse took place over the 20yr span, but after many investigations, jordan has not been implicated in any.

It is similar to the Penn State scandal a few years back, or the MSU/Olympic DR scandal. These guys are able to keep a majority of their actions under wraps, because the victims are extremely vulnerable with a lot to lose. In all 3 instances, you hear the same thing, "I was worried about losing scholarships" or "I was worried Id get kicked off the team" and even "I was worried my teammates would think i was gay".

Its a disgusting thing, and those that are implicated in any cover up should be dealt with, but so far, we have only this guy claiming Jordan knew of sexual abuse with students, and a ref saying he told jordan the Dr was wacking it in the locker room. Of the other 40 or so victims that have filed suit that would overlap with Jordans tenure at OSU, he has not been named in any suit.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?

Last edited by TheWatchGuy; 02-13-2020 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer19841.00

02-13-2020, 10:19 AM   #32
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
This story first came out back in 2018 as he was campaigning to keep his seat and for the house minority leader

Then in 2019 as the election cycle was coming around.

And now in 2020 as hes on the campaign trail again, this story comes up again with no new facts.

Everytime, there have been people that said Jim Jordan had no knowledge of the events, that he was not involved with these events, and that they were present at the times some of these events that were "reported" to jordan took place, and they did not happen as was described by 1 or 2 people.

No one has denied that abuse took place over the 20yr span, but after many investigations, jordan has not been implicated in any.

It is similar to the Penn State scandal a few years back, or the MSU/Olympic DR scandal. These guys are able to keep a majority of their actions under wraps, because the victims are extremely vulnerable with a lot to lose. In all 3 instances, you hear the same thing, "I was worried about losing scholarships" or "I was worried Id get kicked off the team" and even "I was worried my teammates would think i was gay".

Its a disgusting thing, and those that are implicated in any cover up should be dealt with, but so far, we have only this guy claiming Jordan knew of sexual abuse with students, and a ref saying he told jordan the Dr was wacking it in the locker room. Of the other 40 or so victims that have filed suit that would overlap with Jordans tenure at OSU, he has not been named in any suit.
See my above post. He is claiming Jordan CONTACTED HIM.
      02-13-2020, 10:35 AM   #33
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

WHY do we care his political party, IF the accusations are true?
Appreciate 6
SakhirM49992.00
MKSixer19841.00

02-13-2020, 11:57 AM   #34
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
See my above post. He is claiming Jordan CONTACTED HIM.
Hes (Disaboto) saying he contacted him in 2018 after his brother was quoted saying Jordan knew about it. He (disaboto) is also claiming Jordan knew about it back in the 80s/90s when he was at OSU and was a team captain.

read my post, go look up the stories from those times, and youll see the amount of investigations done back then and every time jordan was cleared.

Appreciate 2
N54Yankee2177.00
MKSixer19841.00

02-13-2020, 12:03 PM   #35
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Hes (Disaboto) saying he contacted him in 2018 after his brother was quoted saying Jordan knew about it. He (disaboto) is also claiming Jordan knew about it back in the 80s/90s when he was at OSU and was a team captain.

read my post, go look up the stories from those times, and youll see the amount of investigations done back then and every time jordan was cleared.
reads like Penn State and Joe Paterno, Pennsylvania State Police also cleared Sandusky.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:07 PM   #36
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
If true, ring them up. All of them.

ScottSinger , please express the same fervor for Mr. Weinstein as he's going through is trial and sentencing as well as the rest of those engaging in such acts.
No need to, Weinstein is going to get his. WAY too much attention at this point for him to skate.

He's going to get the book, plus a couple more books just for good measure.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer19841.00

02-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #37
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
WHY do we care his political party, IF the accusations are true?
Most of us don't, I hope.
Appreciate 2
detroitm21383.00

02-13-2020, 12:23 PM   #38
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
No need to, Weinstein is going to get his. WAY too much attention at this point for him to skate.

He's going to get the book, plus a couple more books just for good measure.
And hopefully the book is "War and Peace", or "The Unabridged Mark Twain". Not the "Great Trump Golf Moments" pamphlet.
      02-13-2020, 12:46 PM   #39
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
reads like Penn State and Joe Paterno, Pennsylvania State Police also cleared Sandusky.
he was not prosecuted in 98 because the state determined there was no actual sexual misconduct and no abuse had occurred. He was accused, and confessed, to showering with 1 boy. It was a bad call by the state to not dig further, but they only had 1 accusation at the time.

and then he got 60 years when all the allegations came out and they had plenty of witnesses to corroborate.

Jordan, has never been accused of any sexual misconduct with the students. The only accusation has been by 1 former student and his brother, that jordan knew what was going on. That is not the same thing. Stop trying to twist this into something that fits your narrative. We also know Paterno did know about Sandusky according to multiple sources as well as physical evidence. Again, not the same thing.

Last edited by TheWatchGuy; 02-13-2020 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer19841.00

02-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #40
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
he was not prosecuted in 98 because the state determined there was no actual sexual misconduct and no abuse had occurred. He was accused, and confessed, to showering with 1 boy.

and then he got 60 years when all the allegations came out and they had plenty of witnesses to corroborate.

Jordan, has never been accused of any sexual misconduct with the students. The only accusation has been by 1 former student and his brother, that jordan knew what was going on. That is not the same thing. Stop trying to twist this into something that fits your narrative.
the accusation is that Jordan was informed and stayed silent. The physician involved killed himself with a gunshot.

I think if Adam Schiff had Jordan's baggage, Trump would take advantage of the salacious and prurient context.

Last edited by ScottSinger; 02-13-2020 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #41
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
the accusation is that Jordan was informed and stayed silent. The physician involved killed himself with a gunshot.

I think if Adam Schiff had Jordan's baggage, Trump would take advantage of salacious and prurient context.
the accusation is from 1 former student and his brother, compared to the multiple former students and coworkers that say he didnt know.

In paternos case, there were multiple credible sources that confirmed they had reported to Paterno, as well as documents confirming Paterno knew.

You dont have any of that here.

Appreciate 1
MKSixer19841.00

02-13-2020, 01:17 PM   #42
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
the accusation is from 1 former student and his brother, compared to the multiple former students and coworkers that say he didnt know.

In paternos case, there were multiple credible sources that confirmed they had reported to Paterno, as well as documents confirming Paterno knew.

You dont have any of that here.
Wikipedia states in 2018, at least eight former wrestlers said Jordan was aware and did nothing. Additionally a wrestling referee made the Jordan had knowledge claim.

Written in wikipedia and recent NBC new reports, multiple people describe a silence, intimidate and retaliate campaign by Jordan and others.

As much as I like to provoke I wish the story that Jordan knew and did nothing was false, but some of the under oath testimony is very damaging.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2020, 01:32 PM   #43
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Wikipedia states in 2018, at least eight former wrestlers said Jordan was aware and did nothing. Additionally a wrestling referee made the Jordan had knowledge claim.

Written in wikipedia and recent NBC new reports, multiple people describe a silence, intimidate and retaliate campaign by Jordan and others.

As much as I like to provoke I wish the story that Jordan knew and did nothing was false, but some of the under oath testimony is very damaging.
These are the types of claims these others are alleging. This isnt actual anything. This is all speculation. There have only been the 2 brothers actually accusing Jordan of having direct knowledge and covering it up.

"he “can’t imagine” Jordan not knowing about the doctor’s allegedly inappropriate behavior."

"he believed that Jordan “did not think or know [they] were in danger” but recognized that he must have heard the locker room talk about Strauss"

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 06:16 PM   #44
floridaorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

All of this is just sad...

It's definitely time to keep the victims of this monster in your prayers vs use this mans evilness as a chance to point fingers at Republicans.

Having said that, Republicans need to be careful with the below the belt punches they keep lobbing.