BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion when will we all just get along? Is this reverse racism?

02-16-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

when will we all just get along? Is this reverse racism?

I said pretty much the same thing this women said, except I switched white for dark, and got my ass kicked at my local McDonalds.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...dy-center.html
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 10:27 AM   #2
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

'multicultural study center'....doesn't "multicultural" mean Multi, as in all or multiple....I don't ever recall hearing that it meant white folks arena't invited....

Along this vein, my wife is a 50's something white woman and a senior executive with the Ontario Government. Her boss, a younger woman of colour routinely says during meetings that the organization isn't diverse enough and that there are too many old white people. One of the big talking points is supposed to be "diversity and inclusion", I guess inclusion doesn't include old white people......very progressive don't you think.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 10:32 AM   #3
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
'multicultural study center'....doesn't "multicultural" mean Multi, as in all or multiple....I don't ever recall hearing that it meant white folks arena't invited....

Along this vein, my wife is a 50's something white woman and a senior executive with the Ontario Government. Her boss, a younger woman of colour routinely says during meetings that the organization isn't diverse enough and that there are too many old white people. One of the big talking points is supposed to be "diversity and inclusion", I guess inclusion doesn't include old white people......very progressive don't you think.
That is crazy "old white women". Her boss should be out of a job.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3518.50

02-16-2020, 10:39 AM   #4
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

I don't quite understand how we can tackle this problem without the other side closing up and calling you a racist.

I recall attending African Studies Class (because I'm a history and culture junkie) with a fairly good teacher but her bias was quite clear and someone who wasn't educated in the subject would have accepted it as truth instead of noticing the bias. One of the heated exchanges I had with her was when she said Cleopatra look like a sub Sahara African such as herself. I told her historically and genetically that impossible, Cleopatra ruling family was from Greece and North African are part of the Euro Asian group that consist of Europeans, India, Middle East, and North Africa. Sub Sahara Africa is their own group and was pretty isolated due to the difficulty of crossing the Desert and traveling the open ocean. Majority of the student ridicule my argument despite the facts being on my side because if the teacher said so it must be right.

Perhaps the best tactic to resolve this problem is to put more focus on history in school, critical thinking, and investigation studies.
Appreciate 3
Salty Dog3518.50

02-16-2020, 12:17 PM   #5
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Perhaps the best tactic to resolve this problem is to put more focus on history in school, critical thinking, and investigation studies.

That's just crazy talk.
Appreciate 4
UncleWede9120.00
Now_Rudi6898.50

02-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #6
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Yes, Scott, that is reverse discrimination. Switch that to a white only center, and there would be a huge problem. Or maybe segregation WAS the answer? (Tongue firmly in cheek).... We can NOT ever come together as a country if we are always trying to seperate ourselves into racial classes, it is impossible. Period. End of story. Sad.. That lady is part of the problem, and should have been boo'd off her little soapbox.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410018.00
Salty Dog3518.50

02-16-2020, 01:04 PM   #7
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Yes, Scott, that is reverse discrimination. Switch that to a white only center, and there would be a huge problem. Or maybe segregation WAS the answer? (Tongue firmly in cheek).... We can NOT ever come together as a country if we are always trying to seperate ourselves into racial classes, it is impossible. Period. End of story. Sad.. That lady is part of the problem, and should have been boo'd off her little soapbox.
So clearly the past is a problem, we don't need to list all the wrongs that were done to minorities in the past, but moving forward there needs to be a balance to fix things, rather than having a reversal of rolls. It might be tempting to marginalize white folks but it isn't going to make things any better.
Appreciate 2
      02-16-2020, 01:40 PM   #8
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
So clearly the past is a problem, we don't need to list all the wrongs that were done to minorities in the past, but moving forward there needs to be a balance to fix things, rather than having a reversal of rolls. It might be tempting to marginalize white folks but it isn't going to make things any better.
I agree. Learn from it, yes. Repeat it, just having the shoe on the other foot, no.

The example you gave about your wife's boss... How about getting the best people for the job, regardless of skin color? Wouldn't that be in the best interest of those that the public employees serve?
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3518.50

02-18-2020, 01:22 PM   #9
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 M3, 2012 E82 128i

White people have treated brown people like shit for a very long time. Now it's changing and the tears are a flowin lol

So nowwwww white people want equality. O rly?

All minorities will be treated poorly, that's not changing. White Americans are shrinking in numbers, so they will be a minority at some point. Buckle up.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #10
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:

Treating a person or a collection of people as a category, rather than individuals, and applying stereotypes - negative or otherwise - to that category is prejudice, period. It isn't virtuous or fair to do it to anyone.

Being in favor of diversity, as it was traditionally defined before the Left co-opted it, would be like being in favor of gravity. It exists, whether you're in favor of it or not. The Left's co-opted definition is completely different. It means fewer white people. Nobody's up-in-arms about the fact that there aren't any Swedes in the Japanese Parliament. Nobody's upset that there are no Amish people in the NAACP. No, it only applies to white people.

And to begin with, it's a flawed concept.

02-18-2020, 01:47 PM   #11
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Buckle up for what?
To have the fuck taxed out of you, even worse than you are now.

02-18-2020, 01:51 PM   #12
ToddBlack88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC 2010 F650GS

It’s not reverse racism, it’s just racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneS54 View Post
White people have treated brown people like shit for a very long time.
You are absolutely correct on this point, but is the solution to swing the pendulum 180 degrees and start treating “white” people the same way they treated people of all colour in the past? (Or even still do in some places) So “people of colour” can become the racists? This is closed minded and a detriment to trying to fix your country, my country, and the world in general.
Run Silent13377.50
Now_Rudi6898.50

02-18-2020, 01:53 PM   #13
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddBlack88 View Post
You are absolutely correct on this point, but is the solution to swing the pendulum 180 degrees and start treating “white” people the same way they treated people of all colour in the past? (Or even still do in some places) So “people of colour” can become the racists? This is closed minded and a detriment to trying to fix your country, my country, and the world in general.
It's the "an eye for an eye" mentality that accomplishes nothing other than revenge.

02-18-2020, 02:18 PM   #14
G3min1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I guess ill chime in. While yes it is 100% a slight form of reverse racism, she does have a point. Back when I was in school, I went to a 85% white 15% other races college, in a town with the same demographics. There was rarely a time where I felt I wasn't being watched, or a time where I had to watch what I said/ how I acted due to the repercussions that might follow.

The first time I went to the multi-culture center I went with my Asian friend. We wen't in to to find other minorities in hope of finding friends and even important information. (Where I can get my hair cut, where we could buy certain "ethnic" products in town, where were the hangouts, etc.) I personally felt welcomed and comfortable in my own skin which, other than back home or in my dorm room, I did not feel anywhere else on campus. There weren't as many Asian's, but my friend hung out with my family enough that he was well seated int he culture (so to say). All the inside minority jokes, all the stories about family back home, it all felt so similar and therefore I felt part of the group. We didn't feel like we were being watched and stereotyped because we were different.

I could only imagine how I would have felt if there were a bunch of white kids in the area ac compared to minorities. The Multicultural Affairs area was created to "provide support for the personal, cultural, social, and academic growth and development of students from underrepresented ethnic populations." I don't know how it is at her school but if she had delivered this message at my old school she would be 100% correct, However the crappy way she chose to deliver that message to everyone is 100% wrong.

TL: DR
Home girl has a point. Multicultural centers are generally safe places for minorities to hang out with other minorities. I definitely hate they way she addressed it, no tact.

Last edited by G3min1; 02-18-2020 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Fixed TL: DR to not show happy face
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 02:42 PM   #15
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

This video was stupid as fuck. I physically cringed at it.

You very rarely see other "minorities" / people of colour acting like this unless those videos don't blow up as much.

I'm brown, I would never act like this towards a white person. I very much prefer hanging out with white people than other brown people(Mainly due to the fact most of them try acting like thugs here and I'm not about that life. I don't live in a poor area either most of these people have tons of money and just act like wannabe thugs for the hell of it.) I live in a very diverse city and area of BC.

If I was in an area that had more white people it wouldn't make me uncomfortable. Especially in a "Multicultural Center".

It seems like black people just want special privileges and their "own" blacks only area.

Another thing, if this happened in an area I was in, I would speak out and say "you don't speak for me." As no one else can speak for me about something that's bothering me unless I tell them so.
Appreciate 2
      02-18-2020, 02:55 PM   #16
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

That's just crazy talk.
Yeah, the troublemakers who study stuff like that are real pains in the ass when it's time for brainwashing and indoctrination.

It's a master stroke of framing the narrative, for the Left to have hijacked the term "diversity" to mean "lots of people who think just like us and preferably aren't white; if they are white, they feel real bad about it."

02-18-2020, 02:57 PM   #17
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep

This guy figured it out...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nd-racism.html
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 03:03 PM   #18
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The Left's lack of self-awareness and capacities for hypocrisy and contradiction know no limits. They can say with steadfast conviction that people should be treated fairly and justly no matter what color skin they have, and in the same breath say "white people are bad."

02-18-2020, 03:11 PM   #19
ToddBlack88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC 2010 F650GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
The Left's lack of self-awareness and capacities for hypocrisy and contradiction know no limits. They can say with steadfast conviction that people should be treated fairly and justly no matter what color skin they have, and in the same breath say "white people are bad."
Wait.......
At what point did this enter into a left/right political point?

Looks like we need an amendment to Godwin’s law to include this.
      02-18-2020, 03:16 PM   #20
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wait... You mean President Abraham Lincoln wasn't a Democrat!?!
That's correct. And the KKK was the militia of the Democrats, not the Republicans. Facts. They're wonderful, liberating things.
Efthreeoh6604.00

02-18-2020, 03:46 PM   #21
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
That's correct. And the KKK was the militia of the Democrats, not the Republicans. Facts. They're wonderful, liberating things.
Thought Jews in the heyday of the Klan were predominately Democrats and the Klan opposed the Jews.

And the Republican Party took an ideological shift both in 1964-Civil Rights Act and in 1965-Voting Rights Act.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 04:09 PM   #22
G3min1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
In the late 1970s I went to a high school in the city of Washington DC. We had a minority of minority students. For the 4 years I attended the school, we had zero race-based issues or confrontations between the students. Probably related to the quality of the students who attended the school.

For college, I attended a school in a small city in West Virginia. The "townies" treated us similar to what you described. Again, probably due to the quality of the people.
Just cause there are no confrontations, doesn't mean that racism or racial tension isn't present. There were never any race-based confrontations in my almost 50/50 split high school, but there was definitely different treatment that even my white friends confirmed when I doubted it and tried to give the benefit of the doubt. They constantly would ask why I had to do something extra. I hated the comment: "Dang man I've never had to do that ever." While I was doing insert said task. It Sucked. Granted, I was in the south - Nashville, TN.
Appreciate 0