BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis G30 wheels & tyre setup

03-20-2024, 11:03 AM   #1
bimmer_lover_m
Rep
Drives: 540 g30

G30 wheels & tyre setup

Hello everyone . I recently purchased a 540XI G30 and I'm weighing the pros and cons of choosing OEM wheels versus aftermarket options (such as Concaver or JR). Unfortunately, the 669M style wheels, which are my favorite, are too expensive for me to buy new, and I haven't been able to locate any used ones. The same applies to the 786M style. I'm considering going with Concaver CVR1 wheels, sized 20 inches, with specifications of 8.5J ET 35 in the front and 9.5J ET 40 in the back. Another option would be to stick with 8J ET 30 in the front and 9J ET 44 in the back, but the center bore is not 66.6, it's 72.6, therefore I'll have to use hub rings. With the 8.5/9.5J, the center bore is 66.6, so I won't need any hub rings. I'm concerned about potential issues with xDrive if I opt for these aftermarket wheels, and I'm also curious about how they will aesthetically complement the car with these ET specifications. The tire sizes I plan to use are 275/30/20 in the back and 245/35/20 in the front. I welcome any suggestions or thoughts you may have on this matter.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 03:45 PM   #2
tjbuggy2b
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive M Sport

Those are one of the stock tire size options. You'll be fine. If you want to compare them and other options, use https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/ and keep the overall diameter under 1% difference. People say you can get away with slightly larger than 1% difference, but this will keep you safe.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 05:21 AM   #3
bimmer_lover_m
Rep
Drives: 540 g30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbuggy2b View Post
Those are one of the stock tire size options. You'll be fine. If you want to compare them and other options, use https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/ and keep the overall diameter under 1% difference. People say you can get away with slightly larger than 1% difference, but this will keep you safe.
Thanks for your input! My main question is whether I should stick with the center bore of 72.6 mm and OEM ET/J specifications, using hub rings, or opt for aftermarket Concaver CVR1 wheels with a center bore of 66.6 mm, but with slightly different ET/J specs (8.5J ET 35 front and 9.5J ET 40 rear).

I'm concerned about both aesthetics and potential issues like vibrations with hub rings or changing the ET/J specs slightly. Do you have any thoughts on which option might look better or if one is more likely to cause problems with xDrive compatibility/handout/diff? Thanks for any advice you can offer! I'm attaching some screenshots.
Attached Images

Last edited by bimmer_lover_m; 03-21-2024 at 05:40 AM..
Appreciate 0