BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions G30 trunk space

07-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #23
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichibanb18c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach550 View Post
that's not your average stroller design, should have thought about storage issues when you bought one.
The BMW isn't our normal going out with the kids car but figured we try and take
It out today. We also have a SUV which is what we normally use.But anyhow most newer age stroller are larger in design anyways. I guess BMW doesn't take into account for Americans liking to use "bigger" than average size things still. I know cupholders were an issue back in the day where they still can't fit a "super sized" drink or a Starbucks Trenta
Sounds like you want every model they sell to be perfect for you. Um, they do sell a lot of other vehicles with plenty of room for strollers. Did you buy this car site unseen???

i can fit all of my bags in my M550i. Do you have the spare tire kit? You can easily take out to reclaim space. I'll even buy it from you.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 09:42 AM   #24
jwong77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Garage List
Our City Jogger Mini GT fits just fine in my 530e trunk. Thought like you, we mostly use the SUV when going out with the family.
      07-18-2019, 10:27 AM   #25
ichibanb18c
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Quote:
that's not your average stroller design, should have thought about storage issues when you bought one.
The BMW isn't our normal going out with the kids car but figured we try and take
It out today. We also have a SUV which is what we normally use.But anyhow most newer age stroller are larger in design anyways. I guess BMW doesn't take into account for Americans liking to use "bigger" than average size things still. I know cupholders were an issue back in the day where they still can't fit a "super sized" drink or a Starbucks Trenta
Sounds like you want every model they sell to be perfect for you. Um, they do sell a lot of other vehicles with plenty of room for strollers. Did you buy this car site unseen???

i can fit all of my bags in my M550i. Do you have the spare tire kit? You can easily take out to reclaim space. I'll even buy it from you.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As stated in the OP, this car wasn't meant to take the whole family out. We have an SUV for that. Just an observation that a pretty typical stroller size nowadays doesn't fit in this trunk. This one does not have a spare tire kit. Sometimes I wished BMW would spend a little bit more on "useful" things on their car vs a pretty useless hologram light underneath the door.
      07-18-2019, 10:30 AM   #26
ichibanb18c
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
Just a thought... does the telescopic handle not allow you to pull out (separate) ? Then it would fit...

That said, my golf clubs fitted OK in the F10, less so in the G30... but I can fit more suitcases, weird
Didn't actually think to try removing the handle. Thanks for that will try it later today.
      07-18-2019, 03:30 PM   #27
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As stated in the OP, this car wasn't meant to take the whole family out. We have an SUV for that. Just an observation that a pretty typical stroller size nowadays doesn't fit in this trunk. This one does not have a spare tire kit. Sometimes I wished BMW would spend a little bit more on "useful" things on their car vs a pretty useless hologram light underneath the door.
Sorry, I was a little harsh on my reply.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #28
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Funny, the 530i is our family car and we all fit plus our gear!

No need for suvs here ...

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50
      07-29-2019, 05:57 PM   #29
JetStream
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 530i xDrive

As someone else stated, Baby Jogger City Mini GT stroller fits perfectly.
And it still has enough space to fit a 14 inch kids bicycle and kick scooter!
Appreciate 0