BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Adaptive LED with matrix technology

09-22-2020, 05:01 PM   #1
Lp01
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 MG/DCT (gone!)

Adaptive LED with matrix technology

Hi all,

Just ordered a LCI 530e touring and I can literally find nothing regarding the specs of the new LED Matrix headlights.

I was curious to know how it compares with the (excellent) equally named system used by Audi.

Do you have any ideia about the specs? How many LEDs does it have, light intensity levels, how does it work in the real world (for the ones already driving an LCI in Europe with this feature)?

Finally, any technical doc about it? Spent 2 hours googling and nothing showed up

Regards
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB440xiGC

In general adaptive Led matrix is the best headlight technology available today if done correctly.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:08 AM   #3
Lp01
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 MG/DCT (gone!)

True.. but there is a big difference if the led matrix has 3 ou 4 LEDs or 80 like Mercedes or Audi.

I am affraid BMW is a lagging in what concerns LED lights. Laser was launched by BMW, I know, but in practice I think a good LED lighting system has much more usability for most of people than the Laser.

Well, I guess I will try and then will make a review, compared with audi matrix which I have today.

Regards
Appreciate 0