BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Sirius XM completely disappeared

09-30-2020, 11:52 AM   #1
MrElussive
Rep
Drives: MINI

Sirius XM completely disappeared

Hi guys,

My mom has a 2020 530e and for months this car had Sirius XM radio on the complimentary 1-year trial. But as of late, the car has completely removed Sirius radio from Media options. I cannot cycle through it with AM/FM button and I cannot select it as a source when I click left in iDrive Media. I get AM, FM, phone, etc. but no Sirius. I can go into Media options, and I see that it is checked off as a source to cycle through, but it never shows up. I've tried un-checking and re-checking this item in hopes that it comes back but no luck.

I have tried re-sending the Sirius activation signal multiple times to this radio when it's parked outside, inside, while driving, etc. Nothing works. Anybody had this before?

The 1 year trial ends Oct 8, 2020 and it is set to automatically renew as soon as the trial is over so I cannot understand what is going on. Please advise.

Thanks,
MrE
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 02:49 PM   #2
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Have you tried restarting iDrive? This is done by holding the power off button for about 30 seconds until it reboots.

If the problem persists after that I'd take it in an let the dealer sort it out.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 06:40 PM   #3
MrElussive
Rep
Drives: MINI

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to update this thread. Tried resetting iDrive as per advice above and that did not help.
I took the car in for its first service (oil change and software update), and told them what's up. Got the car back on Tuesday.
They reprogrammed the unit and we have Sirius satellite radio again!
Appreciate 1