BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing AOS Access

09-08-2022, 03:25 AM   #1
mrjlaunch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e (G30)

AOS Access

I'm wondering if anyone here can help with accessing KaSIO on the BMW AOS platform, to add a service history entry to my G30?

I prefer to do all servicing myself and not happy using software (BMW HU Service Manager Tool) to write a Service Log to the car, potentially then to have it erased by a BMW dealer later in life.

I'm happy to pay a small fee to someone with the access
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 03:56 AM   #2
mrjlaunch
United Kingdom
Rep

I've also read here that a genuine version of ISTA is required to update the service history on the car. Can anyone confirm if a cracked version of ISTA will also work?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 02:37 AM   #3
mrjlaunch
United Kingdom
Rep

I've decided to service my 530e myself and just write an old fashion paper log to keep with the vehicle documents.

It's a shame BMW have tied up their KaSIO and Aftersales Online System so only some professional businesses can officially update the service history on the car and those of us that do servicing/repairs ourselves have no way to write service information to the computer (not including the HU Manager software, as it's essentially useless as it's not permanent).
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 04:40 AM   #4
Mike 540
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Thank you for the theme! In my country it is perfectly ok to do service in an aftermarket garage (i.e. not BMW dealer) without jeopardising warranty (provided good practice principles were followed). However, there is no was for a aftermarket garage to update the carīs service history. Does anyone know the way around?
Appreciate 0