BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis 540I with deleted m-sport suspension. SWAP?

06-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #1
yaneeks
Registered
Rep
Drives: g30

540I with deleted m-sport suspension. SWAP?

hey, I have little problem with my order of 540i xdrive. I will be so glad if you try help me . My local dealer gave me super price for new car which was on stock. This is M-packet version with every option i wanted, but there is one problem - deleted m-sport suspension, that I really wanted. The price for car is so good, that i can easily buy complete setup for fabric m-sport suspension (dampers, springs, stabilisators) and install this in ASO without guaranty problems.

questions to you is:
1. What can I expect from standard suspension if I ordered m-performance 20' wheels (i ride sporty, but I like comfort).
2. Is m-sport get 10mm lower even with xdrive? 10mm is visual noticable?
3. If you were me, you would buy m-sport suspension or something like kw v3? (with kw i only fear minimum 30mm lower option, i fear that car will be too slamed). I mean from technical side which one is better in comfort/sporty aspect.

thanks for any reply and really sorry for my english.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 04:19 AM   #2
emre
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaneeks View Post
hey, I have little problem with my order of 540i xdrive. I will be so glad if you try help me . My local dealer gave me super price for new car which was on stock. This is M-packet version with every option i wanted, but there is one problem - deleted m-sport suspension, that I really wanted. The price for car is so good, that i can easily buy complete setup for fabric m-sport suspension (dampers, springs, stabilisators) and install this in ASO without guaranty problems.

questions to you is:
1. What can I expect from standard suspension if I ordered m-performance 20' wheels (i ride sporty, but I like comfort).
2. Is m-sport get 10mm lower even with xdrive? 10mm is visual noticable?
3. If you were me, you would buy m-sport suspension or something like kw v3? (with kw i only fear minimum 30mm lower option, i fear that car will be too slamed). I mean from technical side which one is better in comfort/sporty aspect.

thanks for any reply and really sorry for my english.
1. I have M Sport suspension with 20" wheels and i find the ride quite comfortable (ditched the RFTs). I have not driven any G30 with standard suspension, cannot tell if it would feel sporty but i bet it is comfortable.

2. yes, 10mm lower also with xdrive. Difference is noticable.

3. I personally would go with KW. That is 30mm compared to standard suspension, 20mm lower than M Sport and there is definately room for that. Would not look slammed.

G30 540i xDrive M Sport MPPSK / BM3
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2018, 09:56 AM   #3
bimmer_335
Major
Rep
Drives: 540 mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by emre View Post
1. I have M Sport suspension with 20" wheels and i find the ride quite comfortable (ditched the RFTs). I have not driven any G30 with standard suspension, cannot tell if it would feel sporty but i bet it is comfortable.

2. yes, 10mm lower also with xdrive. Difference is noticable.

3. I personally would go with KW. That is 30mm compared to standard suspension, 20mm lower than M Sport and there is definately room for that. Would not look slammed.
1. I've driven all G30 suspensions. regular suspension is a little soft for my taste especially around corners. But if you like comfort its not something you can't live with. Full disclosure: I've MSPORT Passive suspensions

2. 10 mm makes a difference visually and while driving

3. I've not experienced KW so can't comment
Appreciate 0