BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding UCC & TLA on latest cars - is it really available?

08-12-2022, 03:40 AM   #1
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e xDrive Touring

UCC & TLA on latest cars - is it really available?

I cannot find online any information about the actual autonomous driving capabilities of new BMWs, with full Driving Assistant Professional enabled.

You can find a lot of "news" that since 2020/2021 all new 5 series should have traffic lights / stop signs / yield recognition and even support "urban cruise control" for actually stopping autonomously at the traffic lights / stops.

This would be a huge step forward in convenience for driving compared to traditional active cruise control with stop & go only working if there is a car in front of you.

But very few videos are available of these functionalities in action, and absolutely zero reference to this feature for 5 series on BMW website... just some old "prototype / in testing" videos / page.

Are these features really present & active on NEW 5 series (in Europe at least, I understood that USA may be on the list of "disabled" countries for these)? Or you can only enable them with coding?

I'm talking about a G30 MY2022/2023.

Thank you!

P.s. the only video I found which shows and explain how these functionalities work in detail is this one in German (use auto-translate CC in English):

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 05:50 AM   #2
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

There was also an instructional video from BMW on the feature, which was pulled (ie. made private)!

This really makes me think they wanted to give this feature for real with an update, but then they deemed it "not good enough" and so never actually turned it on.

Anyone knows something about it?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 03:25 AM   #3
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Found another video, still in German and still from 1 year ago. My guess is that this was somehow pulled/postponed, or if this was actually released, only for very very limited markets (not even the whole Europe, maybe only Germany?).

Of course you can turn it on for recent cars with coding, but I was trying to understand if these capabilities were ever released for real in any market.

I'm puzzled you cannot find ANY information about it online, neither on BMW websites, or YouTube, or anything.

Can anyone with a recent EU car with proper options (DAP, heads-up display) confirm or deny?

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 01:47 AM   #4
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Anyone has any information on UCC and TLA? Someone knows how to code them in on recent G30/G31?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 12:47 AM   #5
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

I have now received the car, a G31 2023, and it's in the default OS, the support for traffic lights and urban cruise control and all.

The problem is that it's disabled in my country (Italy), along with other functions (change lane, auto-accept speed limit, etc..). I will have probably to code to force it "ON" for my country / all (FF FF FF FF in several Land_aktiv settings).

I will test it and get back
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 01:51 AM   #6
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I think the US get extended traffic jam assist aswell ( which I understand to be be the same as traffic jam assist but not having to put your hands on the wheel so often) . But don't believe we get this in Europe

I'm getting a g30 in march with the top assistance kit so will see what it has but not expecting any new over and above has already been shown

Of course level 3 autonomy is supposed let coming on the g60 in 2024
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 08:22 AM   #7
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I think the US get extended traffic jam assist aswell ( which I understand to be be the same as traffic jam assist but not having to put your hands on the wheel so often) . But don't believe we get this in Europe

I'm getting a g30 in march with the top assistance kit so will see what it has but not expecting any new over and above has already been shown

Of course level 3 autonomy is supposed let coming on the g60 in 2024
It's also in EU, it's called driving assistant plus, and it works under a certain speed on highways and such. it works also in Italy, I personally tested it.

The only features missing in Italy are:
1) Lane Change Assist
2) Traffic Lights Recognition / Urban Cruise Control to automatically stop at STOP SIGNS & TRAFFIC LIGHTS and restart as well
3) Auto accept of speed limits (you have to manually "SET" them)

I guess all of them can be coded by altering the Land_aktiv mask for enabled countries. Unfortunately this needs ESYS since easier solutions (e.g. BimmerCode) do not allow SAS coding usually.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 08:36 AM   #8
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigilauro View Post
It's also in EU, it's called driving assistant plus, and it works under a certain speed on highways and such. it works also in Italy, I personally tested it.

The only features missing in Italy are:
1) Lane Change Assist
2) Traffic Lights Recognition / Urban Cruise Control to automatically stop at STOP SIGNS & TRAFFIC LIGHTS and restart as well
3) Auto accept of speed limits (you have to manually "SET" them)

I guess all of them can be coded by altering the Land_aktiv mask for enabled countries. Unfortunately this needs ESYS since easier solutions (e.g. BimmerCode) do not allow SAS coding usually.
I've coded 1 & 2 on my MY2020 G21. 3 is enabled by default in the UK. I had used BimmerUtility previously but the version I tried last week after upgrading to 2022/07 didn't view SAS3 or DSC_VIP properly. Ended up upgrading EsysPlus to 4.1 and that worked.

I was previously on 2021/07 and noticed that the green light recognition in 2022/07 has improved. It displays the change on the dash and the car automatically pulls away more frequently. Lane change assist may be a little less aggressive but not 100% sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 12:30 AM   #9
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
I've coded 1 & 2 on my MY2020 G21. 3 is enabled by default in the UK. I had used BimmerUtility previously but the version I tried last week after upgrading to 2022/07 didn't view SAS3 or DSC_VIP properly. Ended up upgrading EsysPlus to 4.1 and that worked.

I was previously on 2021/07 and noticed that the green light recognition in 2022/07 has improved. It displays the change on the dash and the car automatically pulls away more frequently. Lane change assist may be a little less aggressive but not 100% sure.
Thanks for confirming! I will try the coding myself also and report back.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 01:20 PM   #10
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

my Feb 2023 UK g30 does not have lane change assistant , nor traffic light recognition.
Vin decoder shows option 8TR which i thought was to disable some features if you had individual paint (I have sophisto grey)

I'll contact the BMW "genius " and see what they say but don't expect much as they seem only able to get to public information that we can all find anyway.

Strange as I had it enabled on my 2017 model from the factory so odd BMW have subsequently disabled.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 04:42 AM   #11
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

I was able to code UCC and TLA on my nov 22 G31 using G05 cheat sheet. Basically everything was already on, I just had to change the land aktiv masks to FF, FF, FF, FF for it to work.

Now I only miss automatic acceptance and LCA. I will keep trying to find a way to code them.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 05:28 AM   #12
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
I was able to code UCC and TLA on my nov 22 G31 using G05 cheat sheet. Basically everything was already on, I just had to change the land aktiv masks to FF, FF, FF, FF for it to work.

Now I only miss automatic acceptance and LCA. I will keep trying to find a way to code them.
Good news on TLA! Have you tried the following which I used for enabling LCA:

BDC_BODY3
- CAFD_00007083
- SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT - Ausgelesen = activ
HU_MGU
- CAFD_00003E52
- SPURWECHSELASSISTENT - Ausgelesen = gen_1
SAS3
- CAFD_000042C1
- C_SWA_VORHANDEN - Ausgelesen = Nr001_vorhanden
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2023, 02:09 AM   #13
lpawelek
Rep
Drives: G07 30d

Quote:

Hi,
Have you any instructions how to do this? I used to Bimmercode for other functionalities, but in Esys I'm rookie. Thx in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 07:08 AM   #14
tuzii
aussie member
Rep
Drives: G30 530D

i enabled stop sign detection on my non LCI G30, i enabled give way and stop light detection however it doesn't work/doesnt detect
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 12:14 PM   #15
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
Good news on TLA! Have you tried the following which I used for enabling LCA:

BDC_BODY3
- CAFD_00007083
- SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT - Ausgelesen = activ
HU_MGU
- CAFD_00003E52
- SPURWECHSELASSISTENT - Ausgelesen = gen_1
SAS3
- CAFD_000042C1
- C_SWA_VORHANDEN - Ausgelesen = Nr001_vorhanden
Thank you! I will try soon hopefully! Do you have an idea also for auto-acceptance of speed limits / traffic lights? It keeps telling me my country is not supported for auto acceptance, despite trying to FF all countries masks.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 12:16 PM   #16
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzii View Post
i enabled stop sign detection on my non LCI G30, i enabled give way and stop light detection however it doesn't work/doesnt detect
I was able to enable traffic lights detection. Basically it was already enabled for my car, but my country (Italy) was "disabled". I just had to change some country mask to FF, FF, FF, FF, following G05 coding cheat sheet.

Auto-acceptance and LCA still not working though!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 12:17 PM   #17
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpawelek View Post
Hi,
Have you any instructions how to do this? I used to Bimmercode for other functionalities, but in Esys I'm rookie. Thx in advance.
Bimmercode is useful for a quick coding of some features (es: video in motion), but for advanced functionalities you need esys.

I was a complete rookie myself but used pro launcher and this guide:
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 03:32 AM   #18
lpawelek
Rep
Drives: G07 30d

Quote:
Bimmercode is useful for a quick coding of some features (es: video in motion), but for advanced functionalities you need esys.

I was a complete rookie myself but used pro launcher and this guide:
Thank you, I just bought the bimmer utility, but I’m looking how to code the UCC Land active (country mask) but I can’t code FF…… I have only one standard option. And I think that TLA doesn’t work fully automatically…
Appreciate 0