BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing 530e -- first annual maintenance

11-19-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

530e -- first annual maintenance

My 2018 530e is up for its schedule maintenance next month. It has been rock solid so far and should have just a tad over 8K miles when I take it in.

My question is whether there is anything I should ask for/bring to the attention of my service writer for this first maintenance?

Thanks.

Steve
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
Jelston
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M550xi

Not to much is required at such low mileage. I would inquire about your multipoint inspection. At my dealer i so get a copy of tire tread measurements with wear patterns. Also inspection of brake pads fluid top off etc.. Keep all this information as you can track the wear of these items. After your second service you will begin to track any uneven wear which can be a result of abnormal concern. Alignment out of place for tire wear. and sticking calipers for brake pad wear .. I also ask to these inspection plus it looks good when you decide to sell or continuous maintenance of your vehicle..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 12:13 PM   #3
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelston View Post
Not to much is required at such low mileage. I would inquire about your multipoint inspection. At my dealer i so get a copy of tire tread measurements with wear patterns. Also inspection of brake pads fluid top off etc.. Keep all this information as you can track the wear of these items. After your second service you will begin to track any uneven wear which can be a result of abnormal concern. Alignment out of place for tire wear. and sticking calipers for brake pad wear .. I also ask to these inspection plus it looks good when you decide to sell or continuous maintenance of your vehicle..
My dealership does the same thing.

Thanks. I figured this but wanted to make sure...especially since it is a complex phev.
Appreciate 0