E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Keeping Driver's Seat in Good Condition

01-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
AJT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Keeping Driver's Seat in Good Condition

Just bought an '11 335d (new) Thursday night. Sport/Premium, etc. Love the car thus far, but I have a concern about keeping it in excellent shape.

I play tennis 3-4 times per week. And I sweat. Like a freaking horse. The problem lies in that most of the places I play are outdoor and do not include locker room facilities. Even if I were to completely change clothes after finishing (which is a little impractical), I continue to sweat profusely for at least 30-45 minutes to the point that I'd soak through the dry clothes.

In my last car (05 Acura TL), I would lay a towel down and wedge the end of the towel between the headrest and the upper part of the seat. It did a decent job overall but on a longer drive home when I got out and removed the towel there was still moisture on the surface of the seat. The seat belt itself also tends to get wet.

I don't want my car to stink, nor do I want to ruin the leather! Is there a waterproof seat cover I could keep handy that I could quickly install/remove as needed for the drive home from tennis? Should I wear a big trashbag home?

Anybody had this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Appreciate 0