BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Nav displays "Loading" after body shop

07-27-2022, 01:59 PM   #1
Kayrohit
Rep
Drives: BMW m550i

Nav displays "Loading" after body shop

Hello,

I could use some advise on what to do.

I had a third party add carplay to my 2018 m550i system which worked great after install.

Butttttttttt...

After I got some repairs done at the body shop, I no longer have carplay and my nav just says " Loading".

The shops say a update is needed but also do not know if that will fix the system. They are charging for the update.

I don't want to just start throwing money at the problem and was wondering if anyone had a solution to my problem. I seen this has happened before and others were able to fix the coding but I sent a message to the original person who did the carplay and I have not gotten a response yet.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 02:26 PM   #2
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayrohit View Post
Hello,

I could use some advise on what to do.

I had a third party add carplay to my 2018 m550i system which worked great after install.

Butttttttttt...

After I got some repairs done at the body shop, I no longer have carplay and my nav just says " Loading".

The shops say a update is needed but also do not know if that will fix the system. They are charging for the update.

I don't want to just start throwing money at the problem and was wondering if anyone had a solution to my problem. I seen this has happened before and others were able to fix the coding but I sent a message to the original person who did the carplay and I have not gotten a response yet.

Any ideas?
Hey,
yes, easy fix.
Can help if needed. Send me a PM
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 02:50 PM   #3
Kayrohit
Rep
Drives: BMW m550i

Done
Appreciate 0