BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Digital TV - "no signal"

06-17-2022, 03:31 AM   #45
jag81
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G30 540iX, E87 130i

So update from myself,

origonally i sent my car back the dealership that i purchased it from with the TV issue and their response was that it is very signal depandant and that upon their "investigation" they drove it down the road a little bit and it picked up a signal. As far as they were concerned the car was behaving normally.

this week i took it to my local dealership with the same issue (and the fact that occasionally my phone wouldnt connect to the car unless i turned it (the car) off and on again.

A simple software update seems to have fixed the TV issue for me.

I'm now running on

NBTevo_Y21432J

Telephone and Media: TB/MB -007.039.008 respectively
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 01:19 PM   #46
meldoyfreak
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag81 View Post
So update from myself,

origonally i sent my car back the dealership that i purchased it from with the TV issue and their response was that it is very signal depandant and that upon their "investigation" they drove it down the road a little bit and it picked up a signal. As far as they were concerned the car was behaving normally.

this week i took it to my local dealership with the same issue (and the fact that occasionally my phone wouldnt connect to the car unless i turned it (the car) off and on again.

A simple software update seems to have fixed the TV issue for me.

I'm now running on

NBTevo_Y21432J

Telephone and Media: TB/MB -007.039.008 respectively

Hi Jag81

My G12 2016 that I bought direct from BMW UK also had same problem. They initially replaced the tv module, which seemed to sort it. Then after a few months the same problem occurred, so highly unlikely it was a hardware fault. Took it back again and a software update recall was due on the vehicle and they said they should solve the problem. It didn’t (same firmware that you have mentioned above), so I took it back again and their master tech did some coding to get all the channels back. Now, a few months later, same problem again. Not sure if I should take it to the dealer under warranty recall or just live with it as I don’t watch TV anyway…?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 04:45 AM   #47
jag81
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G30 540iX, E87 130i

I dont really get a strong signal wherever i drive in the car, so it's very much a pointless feature.

I think i've used it once or twice since ownership, whilst waiting for a passenger to get in the car...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 02:06 AM   #48
richardhurst
Private
Rep
Drives: April '10 525DSE

I'm picking up my new G31 this week and TV is something I definitely want installed into it. I'm based in Hertfordshire but does anyone know somewhere I can get it all retro fitted??
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 03:57 PM   #49
hashim0t0
Registered
Rep
Drives: BWM 5-series (G31)

I had the same issue some time ago. I fixed it by putting an old and empty CI+ module which I found at home in the TV-module in the trunk. After that I could search for free channels and also got signal . Maybe this helps someone. I did not perform any software update.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 02:09 PM   #50
Winka
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skepta View Post
I had the same issue and based in the UK. Dealer had 0 luck fixing it. However, I managed to fix it myself. Where are you based? Happy to do it if you're in London or guide you through it
I could do with help on this please. Based in Newcastle
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 10:09 PM   #51
iliannavy
Rep
Drives: bmw f10

Hello.
I have G30 2019.As per manifacture I have DVBT-T2 installed.Do I need any additional hardware(for example CI PLUS TV CARD TV Module) to unlock TV function or something else?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2023, 06:55 AM   #52
iliannavy
Rep
Drives: bmw f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucariel View Post
OK Tanks All..
after flashing tv works fine....
Hello.
Which module did you flash?Is possible with coding only?
Appreciate 0