BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions xHP Question

12-16-2020, 12:21 PM   #1
indy25
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

xHP Question

I have BootMod3 running on Stage 2 91-Octane. I went from Stage 2 on the xHP to Stage 3 on the XHP. When I went to Sport Plus my car doesn't pull or shift as hard as running in SPORT. I have Sport Individual set as SPORT steering, SPORT Engine and Comfort Transmission more for just normal driving around. Am I missing something here? on the xHP Stage 2 Sport Plus was more aggressive but I was on the Stage 1 93-Octane BootMod3 as I just put in a high flow catted downpipe the other day.
Appreciate 1
xrbx176.00
      12-16-2020, 03:35 PM   #2
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i SDrive (MPPSK+Mods)

Have you got some performance numbers or is it just perception? Try DCS off in Sport+. You may need to tweak some of the settings to make a personal map, but I would do that only in combination with some metrics, rather than just a 'feel'. Sounds like it could be the "Torque Limit Per Gear" setting and the "Torque Punch".

As per XHP info-

Quote:
"Torque Limit Per Gear" setting is used used either to limit boost in the lower gears, or to limit the engine power overall in all gears to protect the drive-train components. The electronic limiter works by sending a request to the ECU (Engine Control Unit) to lower torque once the limit is reached. The ECU then takes the necessary measures (close the throttle/lower boost/lower timing) to stay steady on this limit. It's the same method applied during shifts, when the TCU (Transmission Control Unit) also takes over the torque control from the engine to enhance the shifting. This method of control works steady and within split seconds. We also included presets for RWD, RWD with Sticky Tires and AWD cars, to get you a baseline. Start with this settings and test how your car behaves in your environment. Based on the properties of your car (weight, tires, suspension, differential etc.) and the roads you travel on usually, you can then adjust the limits up/down until it matches perfect.
I would reach out to xHP for some advice maybe. I'm sure they would offer some tips if you explain what you're experiencing.
      12-16-2020, 04:12 PM   #3
indy25
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

I played around at constant speed on interstate the sport would kick down a gear and the sport plus would just go into 8th gear. Then I would go to a stop light and the sport plus felt mushy and went through the gears quick up to 8th like comfort. Then Sport would hold the rpm and go through the gear and trust me it was noticeable acceleration difference. I submitted a question to xHP. Just wondering if anyone else ran into this.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 04:53 PM   #4
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i SDrive (MPPSK+Mods)

That's certainly not my experience. The car definitely shifts harder and faster in Sport+ on stage 3 than in any other mode. Hopefully they can sort it out for you. Have you tried flashing back to stock and then re-applying the map?
      12-16-2020, 09:58 PM   #5
Mach550
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Garage List
2019 BMW M550i  [8.00]
I posted this a while ago, cars stock and has the same feel where sport immediately picks up with pressing on the pedal and sport+ accelerates like comfort/adaptive.

https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1741160
Appreciate 0