BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum DIY Discussions / Guides / Instructions (Icon) Adaptive Full Led Retrofit

06-27-2022, 08:57 AM   #1
kucsi
Rep
Drives: G30 520d ex.F21 118i LCI

(Icon) Adaptive Full Led Retrofit

Hi Guys,

I would like to retrofit the above mentioned Adaptive (Icon) full led headlights into my 2017 G30. I currently have the base LEDs.

As I went on ebay to look for used units, I noticed that a lot of identically looking units are being sold with various part numbers. It looks like that as the years went by, BMW was changing the those numbers.

What I'm not sure about is whether they have also altered the underlying HW as well or just the numbers?
Do you know if I need to look for a specific part number for my car? Its a 2017/7 production model.

Also, do I need to purchase the left and right unit with the matching serial? Or can I combine for example a 2019 and a 2017 model?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 12:07 PM   #2
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucsi View Post
Hi Guys,

I would like to retrofit the above mentioned Adaptive (Icon) full led headlights into my 2017 G30. I currently have the base LEDs.

As I went on ebay to look for used units, I noticed that a lot of identically looking units are being sold with various part numbers. It looks like that as the years went by, BMW was changing the those numbers.

What I'm not sure about is whether they have also altered the underlying HW as well or just the numbers?
Do you know if I need to look for a specific part number for my car? Its a 2017/7 production model.

Also, do I need to purchase the left and right unit with the matching serial? Or can I combine for example a 2019 and a 2017 model?

Thanks in advance
You can combine that. Make sure to get correct FLM modules.
They are often incorrect.
Appreciate 0