BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 530e charger locking

10-04-2018, 01:34 PM   #1
Jiggs
Registered
Rep
Drives: 530e

530e charger locking

Anyone know a work around for the automatic locking of the electric charging port on the 530e? This feature has turned me into a huge villain at work where the culture is to plug in and then let others unplug you and use the charger when you are fully charged. This is a major issue! How can I lock my car without locking the charger?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 06:58 PM   #2
waccamatt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e M Sport Black Sapphi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
Anyone know a work around for the automatic locking of the electric charging port on the 530e? This feature has turned me into a huge villain at work where the culture is to plug in and then let others unplug you and use the charger when you are fully charged. This is a major issue! How can I lock my car without locking the charger?
You can't, though there is probably a non-BMW software download that could work around it.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 03:11 PM   #3
ochowie
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
+1 we have the chargepoint chargers at work that have the waitlist function and I always feel like I have to run out and unplug my car as soon as it's done or face a nasty email at some point.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #4
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e X-Drive

If you have the BMW Connected app you can lock and unlock your car from the phone. So when you’re done charging you can see it and unlock your car and just relock when you know someone needs it?
Appreciate 0