BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Reset Instrument Cluster

12-29-2020, 09:50 PM   #1
EMB4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Garage List
Reset Instrument Cluster

Did some coding via BimmerCode on my '21 M550. I changed the instrument cluster to the M style but decided to revert back to the factory BMW. However I noticed the BMW setting does not show the M550 logo on top center. Anyone know to to reset the instrument cluster to the factory setting? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 07:45 AM   #2
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB4 View Post
Did some coding via BimmerCode on my '21 M550. I changed the instrument cluster to the M style but decided to revert back to the factory BMW. However I noticed the BMW setting does not show the M550 logo on top center. Anyone know to to reset the instrument cluster to the factory setting? Thanks in advance.
When using bimmercode, it's advisable to take backups of your modules before applying changes. Some changes cannot be reversed through bimmercode. I've read of some people struggling to code certain items in 2021 models. Maybe Bimmercode developer is working on this.... Ask them.

You may need to resort to esys and full psdzdata files for your iStep version to reflash the Kombi (or whichever modules are affected for cars with LCP) module.
      12-30-2020, 08:19 PM   #3
EMB4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB4 View Post
When using bimmercode, it's advisable to take backups of your modules before applying changes. Some changes cannot be reversed through bimmercode. I've read of some people struggling to code certain items in 2021 models. Maybe Bimmercode developer is working on this.... Ask them.

You may need to resort to esys and full psdzdata files for your iStep version to reflash the Kombi (or whichever modules are affected for cars with LCP) module.
Used the backup the app automatically creates and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0