BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 2022 ordering guide?

06-08-2021, 05:22 PM   #1
iranjha
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

2022 ordering guide?

Thinking about placing an order for a 540 soon but wondering if I should hold out for 2022. Any rumors on changes/options/ordering guide availability/etc?

Would appreciate any insight
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
RwdJesus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 g30 540i rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by iranjha View Post
Thinking about placing an order for a 540 soon but wondering if I should hold out for 2022. Any rumors on changes/options/ordering guide availability/etc?

Word on the street is prices will increase, and certain features may no longer be available.

You can't place a custom build on a MY21 at the moment, but if you can find something spec'd the way you want on a lot, thats the route I'd personally take.

Given they released the LCI this year, wouldn't expect any significant changes or improvements, just 3ish% higher prices.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 05:30 PM   #3
iranjha
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RwdJesus View Post
Quote:

Word on the street is prices will increase, and certain features may no longer be available.

You can't place a custom build on a MY21 at the moment, but if you can find something spec'd the way you want on a lot, thats the route I'd personally take.

Given they released the LCI this year, wouldn't expect any significant changes, beyond 3ish% higher prices.
Dang didn't know they weren't accepting orders has I haven't gotten to that point yet where I'm talking with my SA!! Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to find something on the lot then. When do you think roughly the orders for 2022 will open up? Trying to gauge if there's a significant wait there or if it's a matters of days/couple weeks. Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 05:39 PM   #4
RwdJesus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 g30 540i rwd

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RwdJesus View Post
Quote:

Given they released the LCI this year, wouldn't expect any significant changes, beyond 3ish% higher prices.
Dang didn't know they weren't accepting orders has I haven't gotten to that point yet where I'm talking with my SA!! Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to find something on the lot then. When do you think roughly the orders for 2022 will open up? Trying to gauge if there's a significant wait there or if it's a matters of days/couple weeks. Thanks!!
As far as I understand you can place MY22 orders starting around July/August, but wouldn't expect delivery before October, if you get an early build week slot? Others here probably know better, but I think thats the jist.

I know for US, the last boat to get on for a g30 is sometime the next few weeks. I got my order in close to the end of where you could. Sitting at the port right now!

Id check to see if there are any options on the lot already which fit what you want. Might get lucky and save a grand or two v MY22. If you want certain specs, like bower and wilkins speakers for example, those were already pulled from the options list when I ordered in April, and likely will be the same on MY22.

You can find them on a prebuilt though, if the dealership ordered with them before it was pulled due to chip shortage. Same deal with the kick open trunk, and looks like parking assist package will be gone for MY22 too.

Check this thread out. The general expectations for 2022 models dont sound like something worth waiting for if you dont have to

2022 pricing guide https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1831451
Appreciate 1
iranjha57.50