BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Photos - Video - Build Threads My 540ix Bluestone Build

05-23-2021, 03:44 AM   #111
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmer View Post
Hey Junebug

Love the car do you have a link to the centre piece ?

Thanks
Thank you

https://ind-distribution.com/product...er-grille-trim

G30 540i xDrive / BM3 Stage 2+ / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / MPS4S / 20" BBS CI-R / Eibach Spacers / xHP Stg 3 / MST Intake / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 02:49 PM   #112
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Front Splitter -

I've now added a Maxton V2 front splitter in gloss black to the car. My plan was to get a Sterckenn one but as I'm quite low on the front, I thought about getting this maxton one as a test to see if it would scrape over driveways or humps - I've only managed to scrape it over one speed hump in the past 2 weeks

As time has gone on, this Maxton one is grown on me. Tempted to get the side splitters too now but may hold of a little while.
Attached Images

G30 540i xDrive / BM3 Stage 2+ / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / MPS4S / 20" BBS CI-R / Eibach Spacers / xHP Stg 3 / MST Intake / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 1
Lancelot566.00
      05-23-2021, 03:06 PM   #113
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Purchased some parts in preparation to go Stage 2.

VRSF 200 CEL Sports Cat
Masata B58 Charge Pipe Kit
OEM Downpipe Gasket

I'm also looking at getting XHP Trans Flash - Stage 2.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 02:57 PM   #114
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 Touring

Hey All

I will soon be joining the bluestone camp with a 540i Touring

Can't wait to get her
Appreciate 1
Junebug851589.00
      05-24-2021, 05:07 PM   #115
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hey All

I will soon be joining the bluestone camp with a 540i Touring

Can't wait to get her
Looking forward to seeing it

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 04:42 PM   #116
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

XHP Added -

A bit late to the party but finally got round to flashing the transmission to stage 2. I'm still currently in the 'take it easy' stage as I've only done 30 miles of the recommended 50 miles in the car. Looking forward to seeing how this transforms the car as I have heard alot of positive comments about XHP.

I hear that stage 3 is a bit more aggressive hence why I opted for stage 2 but I like that you can change stages with a re-flash in a matter of minutes. Also - I had no issues using the Black MHD adapter
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 05:04 PM   #117
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
Quote:
Hey Junebug

Thanks
Thank you

Hey Bud

Did they charge you almost $105 shipping ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 05:39 PM   #118
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Junebug

Thanks
Thank you

Hey Bud

Thanks
Hey, yeah shipping to the UK was alot!

Try here as shipping might be cheaper...

https://x-ph.com/ind-g30-5-series-pa...r-grille-trim/

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 08:09 PM   #119
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Junebug

Thanks
Thank you

Hey Bud

Thanks
Hey, yeah shipping to the UK was alot!

Try here as shipping might be cheaper...

https://x-ph.com/ind-g30-5-series-pa...r-grille-trim/
Thanks bud shipping with them only $40
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 05:20 AM   #120
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hey all

I am selling all the required parts for Driving Assistant Plus

Front ACC Radar with Loom and front Grill
4 x Bumper Radars with Loom
Full option Steering wheel, Vibration, Touch Heated
Blind Spot Assistant, power folding with Camera Mirrors.

Selling as a package

PM me for price

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 04:42 AM   #121
FlyingWombat24
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozin View Post
Quote:
Some more pictures taken in daylight...
Looks good mate. I bought M4 CS style from ebay and got it repainted but it still did not turn out to be that good. Secondly got someone else to do it and they were adamant that they will be able to fit it on top of existing spoiler even though i told them that even though it sits ok on top but will not stay stuck. Anyway they installed the spoiler on top of the existing on and it started coming off as soon as i started driving home, long story short, in the end I am still stuck with the old SCRATCHED spoiler and scratched boot lid and cursing myself that why did i not just do it myself. It looked nice though when it was on, Photos attached.

Anyway, as you have mentioned yourself finding a Gloss black one is an issue and i started looking again to get a new spoiler and came across this M5 Pro on as an option but all available in CF only. May I please ask where did you get this one manfucatured from and how much?

I may just get the CF one as this will match with CF look exhaust tips i have got now, even though rest of the car has a Gloss Black theme going on.
off topic but is that Mediterranean Blue ?
      06-12-2021, 10:34 PM   #122
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingWombat24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozin View Post
Quote:
Some more pictures taken in daylight...
Looks good mate. I bought M4 CS style from ebay and got it repainted but it still did not turn out to be that good. Secondly got someone else to do it and they were adamant that they will be able to fit it on top of existing spoiler even though i told them that even though it sits ok on top but will not stay stuck. Anyway they installed the spoiler on top of the existing on and it started coming off as soon as i started driving home, long story short, in the end I am still stuck with the old SCRATCHED spoiler and scratched boot lid and cursing myself that why did i not just do it myself. It looked nice though when it was on, Photos attached.

Anyway, as you have mentioned yourself finding a Gloss black one is an issue and i started looking again to get a new spoiler and came across this M5 Pro on as an option but all available in CF only. May I please ask where did you get this one manfucatured from and how much?

I may just get the CF one as this will match with CF look exhaust tips i have got now, even though rest of the car has a Gloss Black theme going on.
off topic but is that Mediterranean Blue ?
Hi mate, apologies for delayed response, yes it is med blue 🙂
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 10:28 AM   #123
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

My new 540I Love the colour
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
DNYC1919478.00
maDjzo851.00
Junebug851589.00
      06-23-2021, 09:16 AM   #124
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Quote:
MSS Adjustable Springs fitted...

I went to Evolve Automotive this morning to have the MSS Adjustable Springs fitted to the car. They did an amazing job and turned it around in around 3 hours. The fronts are set to a 30mm drop and the rear is set to 25mm. Just on looks alone, it has transformed the car and can't get over how good it looks!

The ability to set your desired 'drop' is worth the extra money in my opinion. You get a C-Shape Spanner that fits onto the adjuster. If I were to adjust them, I'd put the car on axel stands/ramp that way both sides can be done at the same time.

On the drive home, it was like driving a different car. From the get go, it felt very planted and responsive. Taking the 3rd exit on the first roundabout I came to, I chucked it in as I would normally and the way it handled it was so much better then on the stock springs - much more sharper. That floaty like feeling was gone.

Knowing that they are manufactured by Eibach gives you that extra piece of mind and confidence too! In essence they are the in the middle between lowering springs and Coil overs. I wanted the lowering springs mainly for looks but this way you get the extra added benefits of the improved driveability - (I always drive in Sport or Sport Plus so having that comfy ride doesn't bother me that much).

Overall - Really happy!

Last 2 pictures are before/after (Weather wise, it wasn't the best of days for pictures!)
What size wheels are these?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 01:43 AM   #125
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR930 View Post
Quote:
MSS Adjustable Springs fitted...

I went to Evolve Automotive this morning to have the MSS Adjustable Springs fitted to the car. They did an amazing job and turned it around in around 3 hours. The fronts are set to a 30mm drop and the rear is set to 25mm. Just on looks alone, it has transformed the car and can't get over how good it looks!

The ability to set your desired 'drop' is worth the extra money in my opinion. You get a C-Shape Spanner that fits onto the adjuster. If I were to adjust them, I'd put the car on axel stands/ramp that way both sides can be done at the same time.

On the drive home, it was like driving a different car. From the get go, it felt very planted and responsive. Taking the 3rd exit on the first roundabout I came to, I chucked it in as I would normally and the way it handled it was so much better then on the stock springs - much more sharper. That floaty like feeling was gone.

Knowing that they are manufactured by Eibach gives you that extra piece of mind and confidence too! In essence they are the in the middle between lowering springs and Coil overs. I wanted the lowering springs mainly for looks but this way you get the extra added benefits of the improved driveability - (I always drive in Sport or Sport Plus so having that comfy ride doesn't bother me that much).

Overall - Really happy!

Last 2 pictures are before/after (Weather wise, it wasn't the best of days for pictures!)
What size wheels are these?
20"

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2021, 02:57 PM   #126
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Dechromed Steering Roundel -

I actually bought this in March but then put ut in my glove box and forgot about it till today!

A little change but for someone who isn't a fan if chrome, this goes along way

It's very thin, around 1-2mm and self adhesive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2021, 05:07 PM   #127
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi Junebug

Where did you get that roundel ?

Thanks
Paul
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 05:48 AM   #128
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi Junebug

Thanks
Paul
Hey Paul,

From @naths_f80 on Instagram. He also did the front and rear roundels with gloss black edges.

Cheers
Jeet

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 07:10 AM   #129
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Junebug

Thanks
Paul
Hey Paul,

From @naths_f80 on Instagram. He also did the front and rear roundels with gloss black edges.

Cheers
Jeet
Hi Jeet,

Thank you did he need your original ones ?

Thanks
Paul
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 09:29 AM   #130
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Junebug

Thanks
Paul
Hey Paul,

Cheers
Jeet
Hi Jeet,

Thank you did he need your original ones ?

Thanks
Paul
Hey Paul,

Yepp, I had to send the Roundels to him. Drove around with no badges for over a week

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 03:57 PM   #131
MrLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Exhaust Modified -

Went to PCW Exhausts yesterday to extract some more sound out of the stock exhaust. The backbox and resonator were modified - to be honest, you don't see what Paul does as it's behind the scenes - all I know is he works his magic. Such a nice and humble guy to talk to.

My car is an early 2018 build so I don't have a PPF/OPF on it. I have to say, from just modifying the stock exhaust I'm quite pleased with the outcome. I'm still deciding on what to do with rrgards to performance mods but this will more than do for now, for sound. I like how it now pops and bangs alot more now too

I have also forced the valve on the right hand side tip/pipe to stay open. This was done before yesterday to give it a louder cold start. Also I wasn't a fan of 'smoke' coming out of only one tailpipe - looked odd

This is the link to my IG video post...

After a few months, is this a mod you would recommend?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 03:14 PM   #132
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLatte View Post
Quote:
Exhaust Modified -

Went to PCW Exhausts yesterday to extract some more sound out of the stock exhaust. The backbox and resonator were modified - to be honest, you don't see what Paul does as it's behind the scenes - all I know is he works his magic. Such a nice and humble guy to talk to.

My car is an early 2018 build so I don't have a PPF/OPF on it. I have to say, from just modifying the stock exhaust I'm quite pleased with the outcome. I'm still deciding on what to do with rrgards to performance mods but this will more than do for now, for sound. I like how it now pops and bangs alot more now too

I have also forced the valve on the right hand side tip/pipe to stay open. This was done before yesterday to give it a louder cold start. Also I wasn't a fan of 'smoke' coming out of only one tailpipe - looked odd

This is the link to my IG video post...

After a few months, is this a mod you would recommend?
Yes, most definetly. even though its a pre opf car qnd supposed to have more noise... it's so much better like this.

I'm having a sports cat fitted a few weeks which should hopefully improve the sound a little more as the downpipe will be less restrictive then OEM.

Appreciate 0