BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Best Range Rover forum?

05-28-2021, 09:27 PM   #1
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Best Range Rover forum?

Hi All!

I was hoping someone can recommend a good Range Rover forum. I'm getting ready to sell the X5M and I'm really liking the idea of a new SVR.

Most of my time is spent in the car, and most of my time in the X5M is spent in efficient mode. Not because I don't like to go fast or gas mileage, but because I spend most of my time in traffic. If you pulled the report on my M of how many times it's been redlined it would be embarrassing at 0.

Anyway, I'm thinking something with a luxurious interior and an amazing exhaust note would be better for me even if a tad slower amd heavier.

The reason for the forum add is to find out what mods are available for the SVR. Just because I'll drive it slow doesn't mean I want to leave potential power on the table.

Also welcome to thoughts from you guys who've had one or have one.
      05-28-2021, 10:22 PM   #2
pilotJR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4 (F83)

Always enjoyed RangeRovers.net FWIW
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 03:51 PM   #3
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

My opinion, get the full size. Yes you won't have a good exhaust note, but you will be more comfortable in traffic. There is not much difference in comfort between an x5 and a sport.

This all being said, supply is currently extremely low, and new models are supposed to come out next year. This wouldn't be the best time to make the switch.

Last edited by dsad1; 05-29-2021 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 05:39 PM   #4
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
My opinion, get the full size. Yes you won't have a good exhaust note, but you will be more comfortable in traffic. There is not much difference in comfort between an x5 and a sport.

This all being said, supply is currently extremely slow, and new models are supposed to come out next year. This wouldn't be the best time to make the switch.
I second this. My sister had a full size and changed to the Sport and the full size was a much nicer interior and it rode much smoother than the Sport. Plus the Sport just looks old to my eyes.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 06:15 PM   #5
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Quote:

This all being said, supply is currently extremely slow, and new models are supposed to come out next year. This wouldn't be the best time to make the switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Quote:

I second this. My sister had a full size and changed to the Sport and the full size was a much nicer interior and it rode much smoother than the Sport. Plus the Sport just looks old to my eyes.

Interesting, thank you for the note. Is there a decent performance version of the full size? I'm 6'4, probably fit better in one too!

I don't know much about LR, just exploring some options beyond M and AMG.
      05-29-2021, 07:45 PM   #6
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Interesting, thank you for the note. Is there a decent performance version of the full size? I'm 6'4, probably fit better in one too!

Well it's 518hp vs 575 of the SVR, but are you really going to notice?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 07:36 AM   #7
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

we have an early (2014) supercharged L405 SWB (short wheel base) and at 510 ponies that sucker gets up and goes

exhaust sounds are nonexistent in terms of comparison to SVR - you can hear those coming around the bend

that forum linked above is what it is - I have found that one and the main audi one to be rather disappointing in comparison to Bimmerpost - nowhere near the quantity or quality of content or level of participation you find here - comes with the territory I suppose

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 02:01 AM   #8
MaxRange
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Uk based but very good

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/

I'm just a week out of the FullFat and into the 45e

Both great vehicles but some marked differences both good and bad

I will to a comparison in a month or so
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 09:52 PM   #9
AstonKarim
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi RS5 Sportback

I am also considering a Range Rover Sport, but not the SVR. The fit and finish inside really is second to none. From little things like the quality of window switch buttons to the selection of the leather materials, it is fantastic. A lot of people complain the tech is laggy, but from sitting in one for 15 minutes It wasn't as bad as I thought. Dealers aren't moving a cent on the prices at the moment. It is also getting re-designed in 2023/2024.

The Land Rover forum activity does not match bimmerpost for questions/inquiries/photos etc.

SOLD 2013 BMW 335i M Sport Xdrive / MPPK / MPE / Alpine White / Black Dakota Leather / M Sport Brake / 19"Style 403m / M Perf Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 10:07 PM   #10
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

L405 (Full Size) SVAutobiography is offered in Dynamic (SWB) and L (LWB). If you're looking at new, the price point is a smidge more than the SVR.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 10:33 AM   #11
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

COPART?

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0