BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Photos - Video - Build Threads My 540ix Glacier Silver Metallic

02-18-2024, 12:53 AM   #1
matadore
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
My 540ix Glacier Silver Metallic

Hi all, mid-Jan 23, I bought a used 2017 540i xDrive from a German dealer with a 2-year after-market warranty with less than 20,000km/ 12500 miles on the clock.

The car is pretty much brand new, but it lacks many options - Mpack, sound system, adaptive suspension, nav, color, and exhaust, to name a few. I love the car, and being a long-time BMW fanboy, I've always wanted an M, but the reality is different. The B58 is pretty impressive, but I've driven an M850ix, so power tuning might be coming soon. Potentially, the MHD, as I've bought the WiFi adaptor for the BimmerCode/Link.

I've come out of a 2009 Mini Cooper, and this BMW floats too much in the corners. So far, I've researched and looked at springs, MSS, sway bars - F90 and aftermarket, and braces under the car and in the engine compartment, KW V3 suspension. I do not want to lose the comfort of the primary suspension, the vehicle is a Sport line model, but wanted to increase the speed and feel in the corners.

Since I bought the car last year, I've added the F90 anti-roll bars for less than 500 EUR/USD with the work to be changed. To be fair, after extensive research here, those were a significant change in the car - much less body roll in the corners, but still comfortable through the potholes. Also, I did a bit less than 1000 EUR/USD in a new amplifier for the sound, two subwoofers, and the associated work - a pretty significant change from the stock audio, even better than the Harman in the M850. Still, the speakers are the stock ones, so that must be changed, as it's less than 250 for all. So far, I have done an extra 22000km since last year. Currently, it is a bit less than 39000 km/24500 miles.

To come are the M sport package/ F90 kit, a green wrap (maybe a baby CS to come), a change of the steering wheel, camber arms, and later drop links and potentially go through the Hardrace options for the G30 and pick things if needed after each change, then maybe going towards springs/MSS as roads are pretty shitty in Bulgaria, so lowering the car might not be ideal. Potentially, the M Performance brakes and the KW V3 - this one might be the most significant upgrade. Potential an LSD... Let's see how far I want to push this project.

What are your thoughts on things to add/change to best make it as I want?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0