BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis First World Problems

11-29-2023, 11:04 AM   #1
LeroyJenkins
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

First World Problems

Good Afternoon,
New poster here so please be gentle. Previous owner of a F10 535D that I am selling. Loved that car and its performance especially here in the USA. Sad to see diesels no longer in the US.

Found a G30 M550 that was slightly used 1,700 miles that I bought. Love the car and almost everything about it. Here is my issue I am looking for a solution for. This is definitely a first world problem.

The car is a wonderful Aventurine Red with the 50 year badging. Love the color and it's in the shop getting all paint corrected and protected as we speak. Here is the issue. The car has the red M performance brakes on the car. Love the brakes but hate the red versus the Aventurine color. Call it my OCD kicking in but it just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Called BMW and of course as we all know BMW offers two colors..Blue and Red. Blue would be better but that is expensive.

Does anyone have any suggestions on ideas on what it entails to Powder coat the brakes black? Any suggestions short of a complete overhaul that anyone can come up with for me?

Like I said a first world problem for sure but looking for options.
Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-29-2023, 12:22 PM   #2
bryansna
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m550ix

Garage List
Welcome to the club. The shop that powder coated my rims definitely do the same for brake calipers. It just depends on if you find a shop that knows how to remove the calipers, clean and prep, powder coat and then reinstall and flush brake fluid and bleed out any air in the lines. The car will be out of service to you for at least a couple of days as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 01:42 PM   #3
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

You can also just paint them.

https://www.duplicolor.com/product/caliper-paint/
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 03:36 PM   #4
LeroyJenkins
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
That means I have the where with all to pull the wheels off, pull the calipers, tape everything not get paint everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 10:43 PM   #5
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeroyJenkins View Post
That means I have the where with all to pull the wheels off, pull the calipers, tape everything not get paint everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 01:56 PM   #6
WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Absolutely love the paint color! It's definitely my favorite non-individual color.
Appreciate 0