BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Permanent Power Fuse

04-04-2024, 03:37 AM   #1
sorin1987
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 520i G31 MSport

Permanent Power Fuse

I had a dash cam hardwired by someone at Halfords but the cam shuts off after a few minutes of engine being off. I would like to use the parking monitoring available with the cam since it has it. The guy said he is pretty sure he installed the camera on a fuse that is supposed to provide permanent power but he said that sometimes even if the fuse is listed as permanent it would cut off the power after 20-30 mins. In my case the cam records for about 3-5 mins after the engine is turned off and then powers off.
I tried searching online but can't really find anything useful. I only found that fuse #50 is supposed to be permanent. Does anyone know if that is the case? is there another fuse number I can try that will provide power to the dash cam permanently even if the car is off?
Appreciate 0