BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Kicking off 2021 with a new 540i xDrive

01-23-2021, 11:23 PM   #1
luv2cruise
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 (ordering)

Smile Kicking off 2021 with a new 540i xDrive

First time BMW owner - after much help on these boards answering a few pre-order questions. Order placed 1/23.

Phytonic Blue
Black Nappa Leather
Luxury Seating Package
Driving Assistance Plus
Premium Package
Heated Wheel
Space Saver Spare
Grey Poplar Wood Trim
19" V Spoke 635

I was a bit conflicted with the spare tire and RFT - but decided to get it for the $150 and can always remove it for local driving. Also I didn't like the trim in the browns - so went for the Grey poplar instead - I hope that's not too much black/grey...

Now the fun begins, tracking the order. Hoping for mid April delivery. Then to learn the IDrive 7.0 and features.

Oh and 12.47% of MSRP - I think I can live with that price. Based on other threads this seems pretty decent.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 11:05 AM   #2
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cruise View Post
First time BMW owner - after much help on these boards answering a few pre-order questions. Order placed 1/23.

Phytonic Blue
Black Nappa Leather
Luxury Seating Package
Driving Assistance Plus
Premium Package
Heated Wheel
Space Saver Spare
Grey Poplar Wood Trim
19" V Spoke 635

I was a bit conflicted with the spare tire and RFT - but decided to get it for the $150 and can always remove it for local driving. Also I didn't like the trim in the browns - so went for the Grey poplar instead - I hope that's not too much black/grey...

Now the fun begins, tracking the order. Hoping for mid April delivery. Then to learn the IDrive 7.0 and features.

Oh and 12.47% of MSRP - I think I can live with that price. Based on other threads this seems pretty decent.
Very cool! I ordered my M550i less than a month ago, right before 2020 ended. If you ever need help understanding iDrive 7, I can help!
      01-25-2021, 10:27 PM   #3
luv2cruise
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Quote:

Phytonic Blue
Black Nappa Leather
Luxury Seating Package
Driving Assistance Plus
Premium Package
Heated Wheel
Space Saver Spare
Grey Poplar Wood Trim
19" V Spoke 635

Very cool! I ordered my M550i less than a month ago, right before 2020 ended. If you ever need help understanding iDrive 7, I can help!
Great Thanks. I'm an IT guy so I probably will be able to figure things out. But in case I have any questions I may reach out.

I heard something about you can have it do certain things based on GPS location but not sure what those things might be. Maybe turn off the radio when I arrive home or something like that. Or change ambient lighting at a certain location. Could be fun.

Any ideas on that by anyone would be interesting.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 08:12 PM   #4
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Phytonic Blue
Black Nappa Leather
Luxury Seating Package
Driving Assistance Plus
Premium Package
Heated Wheel
Space Saver Spare
Grey Poplar Wood Trim
19" V Spoke 635

Great Thanks. I'm an IT guy so I probably will be able to figure things out. But in case I have any questions I may reach out.

I heard something about you can have it do certain things based on GPS location but not sure what those things might be. Maybe turn off the radio when I arrive home or something like that. Or change ambient lighting at a certain location. Could be fun.

Any ideas on that by anyone would be interesting.
Yeah you can have the windows open at a certain location.
      01-27-2021, 09:22 PM   #5
luv2cruise
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Interesting, hopefully there is more than that.

I've also read some information on some ideas for handling the presets and other buttons. If I set one of them to the preset radio - then I'm hoping it is easy to scroll through to the other favorite radio stations I might have in there. I'm a station flipper so that needs to be very easy to do. Once if I can do it from anything on the steering wheel too.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 03:54 PM   #6
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Interesting, hopefully there is more than that.

I've also read some information on some ideas for handling the presets and other buttons. If I set one of them to the preset radio - then I'm hoping it is easy to scroll through to the other favorite radio stations I might have in there. I'm a station flipper so that needs to be very easy to do. Once if I can do it from anything on the steering wheel too.
Yeah I love the preset buttons. You can save phone numbers, destinations, radio stations, etc.
      03-14-2021, 10:22 AM   #7
G30 545e
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 545e G30

Unfortunately the 540i is only available in the touring version in Europe and England from now. The closest you will be able to get to the 540i saloon in Europe and England is the new 545e.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 11:33 PM   #8
djrabbi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i

Quote:

Phytonic Blue
Black Nappa Leather
Luxury Seating Package
Driving Assistance Plus
Premium Package
Heated Wheel
Space Saver Spare
Grey Poplar Wood Trim
19" V Spoke 635

Which dealer if you don't mind?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 03:34 PM   #9
msp_guy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 545i, soon 2008 535xi

Quote:

Phytonic Blue
Black Nappa Leather
Luxury Seating Package
Driving Assistance Plus
Premium Package
Heated Wheel
Space Saver Spare
Grey Poplar Wood Trim
19" V Spoke 635

Congrats! Is that 12.47% before incentives, or including incentives?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 09:28 AM   #10
reu2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 540i xDrive Shadowlin

Garage List
2024 X7 M60i  [0.00]
2021 540xi  [0.00]
I'm curious too. I'm quoting a 540i now, and they're only getting me 6.8% off MSRP, they're giving me a bit more on my trade to make up for it. I'm guessing it's realistically more like 8%, but they aren't coming close to 12%.

Last edited by reu2; 03-26-2021 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: grammer
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2021, 03:56 AM   #11
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

Get the spare tire kit.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 06:08 PM   #12
RwdJesus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 g30 540i rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by reu2 View Post
I'm curious too. I'm quoting a 540i now, and they're only getting me 6.8% off MSRP, they're giving me a bit more on my trade to make up for it. I'm guessing it's realistically more like 8%, but they aren't coming close to 12%.
My guess is that has to be after some additional incentive.

Was essentially what I got. 9.38% off MSRP, then with the $2,500 financing credit (which is another ~3.5%) -> 12.88% off MSRP.

If its before incentives, thats truly an awesome deal. Seems unlikely given the volume they did in Q1
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 02:00 PM   #13
bababiskothu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

How do you guys negotiate to get like 6-12% os MSRP? I did a custom build and the max the dealer close to me givising is $750 of MSRP! I told him I will finance via BMW and I am an existing BMW owner for any loyalty credit but the says thats the max...#@$#@$#@
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 02:15 PM   #14
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababiskothu View Post
How do you guys negotiate to get like 6-12% os MSRP? I did a custom build and the max the dealer close to me givising is $750 of MSRP! I told him I will finance via BMW and I am an existing BMW owner for any loyalty credit but the says thats the max...#@$#@$#@
Discount and Incentives are two different things.

You need to reach out to multiple dealerships in your area. I recommend using Truecar.com or something similar as it shoots out leads to all the dealerships in your area and in some cases adds discount right away.

Then, you need to see what type of discount they will give you before adding incentives - incentives should be fairly similar for all dealerships based on qualifications.

I typically reach out to dealerships in a structured way so they know right away that I know what I'm talking about and that I mean business without wasting anyone's time. This is a generic template:

"Here is my build #. I'm looking for x% discount and I may quialify for these incentives on top. I'm looking for the best possible money factor (typically around 0.00093 a the moment. With this figures I'm looking to pay around this much per month. Here is my calculator."

This calculator should help you put everything together and give you an estimate what you should pay. This also lets them know that you know how leases work.

https://leasehackr.com/calculator

If the dealership's payment is significantly higher, they are making money off of you somewhere. For example, a big discount is not beneficial if they are increasing the money factor without you knowing.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 02:42 PM   #15
bababiskothu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Thanks for the info AmooManiak . Thats what I did few days ago - built it online and have sent to few dealers in my area. In my case I am not leasing, but one dealer offered $500 and other $750 of MSRP like I mentioned before. Couple hasnt replied to my initial inquiry at all LOL!

I will try your inputs on prexfing saying looking for x% discount and set the expectation and see how that goes.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 02:50 PM   #16
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababiskothu View Post
Thanks for the info AmooManiak . Thats what I did few days ago - built it online and have sent to few dealers in my area. In my case I am not leasing, but one dealer offered $500 and other $750 of MSRP like I mentioned before. Couple hasnt replied to my initial inquiry at all LOL!

I will try your inputs on prexfing saying looking for x% discount and set the expectation and see how that goes.
Keep in mind that that whatever they are showing in stock is most likely already sold. From my experience, you may not find anything on the lot these days and will have to get it built.

Also, just today I got a $3,250 military incentive through Truecar if I was to purchase a new 5 series. Look out for similar incentives as that alone is over 4% on a base M550i and even more on lower models.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 08:11 PM   #17
sunny27
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic

Hi, is the military incentive is eligible to any? I doubt. Can some one help if there is any incentives or rebates for 2022 5 series. I did not hear any from dealers.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 08:29 PM   #18
scsfll
SCSFLL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550I /2019 X5 Premium

Garage List
M550 Incentives a Joke

Not many incentives out there. I did see active military.
Loyalty is negligible. I'm glad mine is still stuck at port in Germany. Maybe better incentives in September. August is low mileage lease offer but not great.
I am however baking $3k back from dealer buying my lease and splitting value 60/40 to bake into new deal.
If BMW doesn't loosen up on a nip n tuck I will look into Conquest deals. Porsche typically has them but don't know in this market.
I would hate to walk from my build but it's only a car...a very cool and 20th BMW car.
Appreciate 0