BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-04-2019, 01:29 PM   #4687
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6225
Rep
1,343
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Not specifically stated yet - just that "religion/God are somewhat important in her life".
Key word here being "somewhat." You're golden man. I predict butt stuff by date 3.
Appreciate 4
      10-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #4688
CTinline-six
Winning
CTinline-six's Avatar
United_States
2821
Rep
1,844
Posts

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Key word here being "somewhat." You're golden man. I predict butt stuff by date 3.


Then there's the group of "I only do anal to preserve my virginity" girls. I'm not sure that is how that works.
__________________
Josh
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1693.50

      10-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #4689
CTinline-six
Winning
CTinline-six's Avatar
United_States
2821
Rep
1,844
Posts

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Every damn day.
Is that only after you do all the chores she wants you to do?
__________________
Josh
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #4690
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6225
Rep
1,343
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post


Then there's the group of "I only do anal to preserve my virginity" girls. I'm not sure that is how that works.
Gotta love God's loophole



I've never understood it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Is that only after you do all the chores she wants you to do?
Honestly, I'm super lucky. She doesn't ask me for anything. Which of course makes me want to do things for her. I don't really do "chores" for her. I did help her do some painting a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't mind. There are times when I help her with stuff, but she is far from the typical girlfriend. The whole doing stuff for each other is very mutual. She is constantly doing small things for me without me even asking. She brings me food to work, does my dishes, folds laundry and whatnot. Despite my posts earlier in this thread, I'm a really lucky guy.

Last edited by Now_Rudi; 10-04-2019 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1693.50

      10-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #4691
Rmtt
Major
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1694
Rep
1,428
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Shit man, I'm lucky enough to have a girl that wants it just as much as I do. If we have to go a day without, we are complete bitches to everyone the day after.
Same here. Sometimes I cant get away from the shower after work. Not complaining, but some days I am tired since I'm usually up by 2:30am every morning.

Edit: (Note to Self) ......I need to start waking her up early as I'm a morning person! Wonder how that would go as she does like her sleep!
__________________
2011 128i: M-Sport Suspension, 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8 Wheels.

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6225.00

      10-04-2019, 04:59 PM   #4692
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6225
Rep
1,343
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Same here. Sometimes I cant get away from the shower after work. Not complaining, but some days I am tired since I'm usually up by 2:30am every morning.

Edit: (Note to Self) ......I need to start waking her up early as I'm a morning person! Wonder how that would go as she does like her sleep!
The girlfriend is all about some morning sex. Problem is that I'm up at 4:30 a.m. and usually in bed around 11:00 p.m. I don't get near enough sleep. I don't have to be at work until 7:30, but I'm an overachiever and like the overtime, so I'm in the office at 6:00 a.m. In order to do the morning sex, I'd have to get up even earlier, as I am....the polar opposite of a minute man. Now I do get that going too long is just as bad as not going long enough, so I try to shoot for the middle; but a rush job in the morning just doesn't set well with me. I'd rather wait to where I'm not quite so rushed. Now at the same time, a spontaneous quickie keeps the notion in the back of her mind throughout the day and only makes her want it more that evening.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1693.50

      10-05-2019, 09:08 AM   #4693
dinonz
Colonel
United_States
1527
Rep
2,357
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Key word here being "somewhat." You're golden man. I predict butt stuff by date 3.
I'm not so sure - there's a lot of butt there. Bigger than I expected from the photos - what a surprise
Appreciate 2
      10-05-2019, 09:10 AM   #4694
Turkish Pickle
why? why not?
Turkish Pickle's Avatar
United_States
1196
Rep
170
Posts

Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RANCH AND CORN GET ME GOIN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Same here. Sometimes I cant get away from the shower after work. Not complaining, but some days I am tired since I'm usually up by 2:30am every morning.

Edit: (Note to Self) ......I need to start waking her up early as I'm a morning person! Wonder how that would go as she does like her sleep!
dude on a normal school day i usually go to bed at around 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I'm not so sure - there's a lot of butt there. Bigger than I expected from the photos - what a surprise
how was the date?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Hella happens dude
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1693.50

      10-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #4695
Rmtt
Major
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1694
Rep
1,428
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
dude on a normal school day i usually go to bed at around 2...



how was the date?
We must be alike. I've existed on 3-4 hours of sleep a night for most of my life. In bed by 10:00pm-11:00pm each night, and up typically between 2:00am-2:30am each morning.

And that's without using an alarm clock for the last 20+ years!

Weekends are the same.
__________________
2011 128i: M-Sport Suspension, 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8 Wheels.

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2019, 02:43 AM   #4696
Germanauto
Brigadier General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
3466
Rep
3,100
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Met a girl tonight who was really nice, in a high earning profession, and reasonably cute.

Yet I'm being my douche self again. Commitment averse and wanting to play the field to find somebody hotter.
__________________
Make BMW Great Again
Appreciate 3
Rmtt1693.50
MKSixer15029.00
Now_Rudi6225.00

      10-06-2019, 04:46 AM   #4697
Rmtt
Major
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1694
Rep
1,428
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Met a girl tonight who was really nice, in a high earning profession, and reasonably cute.

Yet I'm being my douche self again. Commitment averse and wanting to play the field to find somebody hotter.
Been there. No need to think about committing this early anyway unless you're at that point.

Guess it depends on what you want. When I was dating, I was up front that I wasn't looking for anything serious, but not adverse to seeing what could happen......but really just looking for everyone to enjoy themselves.

My wife is very attractive and I've been told that by others. But I had dated plenty of what you could consider "Trophy Wife" material.

But it was my wife's personality that put her over the edge for me. Who knows, this new girl could surprise you in how she may appeal to you later....total package wise.

Either way....good luck. Sounds like she has some nice positives right out of the gate!
__________________
2011 128i: M-Sport Suspension, 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8 Wheels.

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 4
MKSixer15029.00
Germanauto3465.50
Now_Rudi6225.00

      10-06-2019, 02:02 PM   #4698
CTinline-six
Winning
CTinline-six's Avatar
United_States
2821
Rep
1,844
Posts

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Met a girl tonight who was really nice, in a high earning profession, and reasonably cute.

Yet I'm being my douche self again. Commitment averse and wanting to play the field to find somebody hotter.
Why do people always think about commitment on the first date? Pointless, worry about that later. Feel each other out (literally ) and see how it goes after a few dates at least. In the end, cute and sane always wins over hot and crazy (as far as actual GF vs. just hookups). Looks usually fade anyway. Not saying you should ever settle for someone, but always trying to find someone hotter might just lead you down a never ending road of dates that lead to nowhere.
__________________
Josh
Appreciate 6
Rmtt1693.50
Germanauto3465.50
Dang3r2633.00
Now_Rudi6225.00

      10-06-2019, 03:07 PM   #4699
ragingpanda
Lieutenant
77
Rep
554
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Not saying you should ever settle for someone, but always trying to find someone hotter might just lead you down a never ending road of dates that lead to nowhere.
What's wrong with that? I have no intentions of ever marrying and plan on pumping and dumping until I croak.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 02:55 AM   #4700
someguywithanm3
Private
someguywithanm3's Avatar
219
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

So I've been living with that hot widow for a few months and I apparently messed it up.

I've been in the dog house since Sunday and it looks like she's calling it quits.

It's not something I did, but apparently it's my view on death. I believe it can happen at any moment and why worry about it. Well, she thinks that means I don't care about anyone. I'm trying to understand how that makes me a non-caring person.

Can anyone help me understand?

It's a shame. I really loved her.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 06:24 AM   #4701
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
United_States
2677
Rep
2,055
Posts

Drives: 09 335i/11 CTS Coupe/15 428 GC
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 428 GC  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
2011 CTS Coupe  [0.00]
If I were to ever be single again, I would wear a shirt that specifically said on the front:

‘I Fuck On The First Date’
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorKTM View Post
So there is actually more of a chance to get more hp out of a 330 then a 335 in my opinion
Appreciate 4
Now_Rudi6225.00
MKSixer15029.00

      11-07-2019, 06:27 AM   #4702
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
2210
Rep
1,219
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
So I've been living with that hot widow for a few months and I apparently messed it up.

I've been in the dog house since Sunday and it looks like she's calling it quits.

It's not something I did, but apparently it's my view on death. I believe it can happen at any moment and why worry about it. Well, she thinks that means I don't care about anyone. I'm trying to understand how that makes me a non-caring person.

Can anyone help me understand?

It's a shame. I really loved her.
I find this a bit puzzling unless it is out of context. I'm sure most people believe that tomorrow is not guaranteed. Whether it be do to sickness, accident, or an act of violence your card can be punched at anytime. This belief should make you cherish each day and everyone you love everyday.

If you act in a reckless manner because you can be dead tomorrow, then I get it. Meaning you don't lead a healthy lifestyle or make poor life choices (drugs, dangerous behavior) because why bother if you might get hit by a bus tomorrow. If this is the case, then she feels that you are being selfish as those who love you will feel the pain of your death because you didn't care enough about them to take care of yourself.

I can't respond to how to react without knowing the backstory - not trying to pry.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 4
Now_Rudi6225.00
nyalpine905430.00
MKSixer15029.00

      11-07-2019, 07:47 AM   #4703
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6225
Rep
1,343
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I find this a bit puzzling unless it is out of context. I'm sure most people believe that tomorrow is not guaranteed. Whether it be do to sickness, accident, or an act of violence your card can be punched at anytime. This belief should make you cherish each day and everyone you love everyday.

If you act in a reckless manner because you can be dead tomorrow, then I get it. Meaning you don't lead a healthy lifestyle or make poor life choices (drugs, dangerous behavior) because why bother if you might get hit by a bus tomorrow. If this is the case, then she feels that you are being selfish as those who love you will feel the pain of your death because you didn't care enough about them to take care of yourself.

I can't respond to how to react without knowing the backstory - not trying to pry.
This. someguywithanm3 can you give more details? I hate to hear the scenario, but perhaps it's salvageable; especially if you really love her.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go2209.50

      11-07-2019, 08:00 AM   #4704
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
United_States
5430
Rep
11,137
Posts

Drives: G01 Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N.Y.

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
So I've been living with that hot widow for a few months and I apparently messed it up.

I've been in the dog house since Sunday and it looks like she's calling it quits.

It's not something I did, but apparently it's my view on death. I believe it can happen at any moment and why worry about it. Well, she thinks that means I don't care about anyone. I'm trying to understand how that makes me a non-caring person.

Can anyone help me understand?

It's a shame. I really loved her.



its obvious that death is a very sensitive topic for her.
she doesnt want to deal with it again with you.
All you can do is talk with her again and let her vent and you can tell her how you feel and it was taken out of context.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go2209.50
F30lolz2676.50
MKSixer15029.00

      11-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #4705
someguywithanm3
Private
someguywithanm3's Avatar
219
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I find this a bit puzzling unless it is out of context. I'm sure most people believe that tomorrow is not guaranteed. Whether it be do to sickness, accident, or an act of violence your card can be punched at anytime. This belief should make you cherish each day and everyone you love everyday.

If you act in a reckless manner because you can be dead tomorrow, then I get it. Meaning you don't lead a healthy lifestyle or make poor life choices (drugs, dangerous behavior) because why bother if you might get hit by a bus tomorrow. If this is the case, then she feels that you are being selfish as those who love you will feel the pain of your death because you didn't care enough about them to take care of yourself.

I can't respond to how to react without knowing the backstory - not trying to pry.
I'm not reckless. I have a safe job and I don't even ride motorcycles anymore. I think death is a tough subject for her. I've told her i love life, but that I'm not preocupied with the thought of death in a conversation a few weeks ago. It's inevitable and can come at any moment, but I'm certainly not looking for it. This set her off. She thinks that my view on the subject means that I can't love anyone. That somehow she doesn't matter to me. I'm trying to figure this out. Am I supposed to tell her I'm really afraid of death? It's so strange to me. I don't know if this is her way of trying to get out of the relationship or if she thinks me not being super afraid of death somehow indicates I'm incapable of love.

We've had a lot of good times together and this is coming out of left field. I don't want to lose her, but I certainly don't want her to stay if she's unhappy. I'd rather her be happy without me instead of miserable with me.

Sucks and sorry for venting guys.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #4706
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
2210
Rep
1,219
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
I'm not reckless. I have a safe job and I don't even ride motorcycles anymore. I think death is a tough subject for her. I've told her i love life, but that I'm not preocupied with the thought of death in a conversation a few weeks ago. It's inevitable and can come at any moment, but I'm certainly not looking for it. This set her off. She thinks that my view on the subject means that I can't love anyone. That somehow she doesn't matter to me. I'm trying to figure this out. Am I supposed to tell her I'm really afraid of death? It's so strange to me. I don't know if this is her way of trying to get out of the relationship or if she thinks me not being super afraid of death somehow indicates I'm incapable of love.

We've had a lot of good times together and this is coming out of left field. I don't want to lose her, but I certainly don't want her to stay if she's unhappy. I'd rather her be happy without me instead of miserable with me.

Sucks and sorry for venting guys.
I was not saying you were reckless, just trying to rationalize.

I agree with what NYAlpine said. Death is a tough subject for her but I honestly don't get what she thinks you should think or feel. Try and talk it out with her. She's traumatized over losing someone she loved but I don't get her being upset with you because you don't stress over dying. You got me I hope it works out.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #4707
Turkish Pickle
why? why not?
Turkish Pickle's Avatar
United_States
1196
Rep
170
Posts

Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RANCH AND CORN GET ME GOIN

iTrader: (0)

Next time the topic comes up, maybe reframe it in a way that goes "I'm not preoccupied with the thought of death, but I make sure to cherish every moment because you never know what'll happen even in a few hours"?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Hella happens dude
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 11:12 AM   #4708
someguywithanm3
Private
someguywithanm3's Avatar
219
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I was not saying you were reckless, just trying to rationalize.

I agree with what NYAlpine said. Death is a tough subject for her but I honestly don't get what she thinks you should think or feel. Try and talk it out with her. She's traumatized over losing someone she loved but I don't get her being upset with you because you don't stress over dying. You got me I hope it works out.
Thanks. Maybe she thinks that if I'm afraid of death it means i'm afraid of losing her??

I just don't want to worry about things that are out of my control. Being afraid of death isn't going to magically make it stay away.

Don't get me wrong, when the time comes, I'm going to feel some anxiety/fear (I've had a couple of close calls), but I'm not going to worry about it in a daily basis.

To me, love and death are separate. She thinks my thoughts on one subject are not inline with hers and it's causing a lot of tension. She even told me she was leaving. I don't understand.
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST