BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Photos - Video - Build Threads Black Azurite

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
guelphman73
Private
Canada
9
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2013 528 xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Has anyone ordered a G30 with the Individual Black Azurite exterior? Would love to see some real pics. in different lighting conditions beyond just an auto-show floor under artificial lights.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
BMW_Sweden
Private First Class
42
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 540iX G30
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guelphman73 View Post
Has anyone ordered a G30 with the Individual Black Azurite exterior? Would love to see some real pics. in different lighting conditions beyond just an auto-show floor under artificial lights.

Thanks!
No pictures, but I just saw it yesterday driving away from the dealer when I parked. Absolutaly stunning. It was a dark cloudy day, and the car looked pitch black from far, but when it passed me.. oh my. Brillaint.
Carbon black is no where near as beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
guelphman73
Private
Canada
9
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2013 528 xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Sweden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guelphman73 View Post
Has anyone ordered a G30 with the Individual Black Azurite exterior? Would love to see some real pics. in different lighting conditions beyond just an auto-show floor under artificial lights.

Thanks!
No pictures, but I just saw it yesterday driving away from the dealer when I parked. Absolutaly stunning. It was a dark cloudy day, and the car looked pitch black from far, but when it passed me.. oh my. Brillaint.
Carbon black is no where near as beautiful.
?? sounds amazing! Pictures anybody?!?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
BMW_Sweden
Private First Class
42
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 540iX G30
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guelphman73 View Post
?? sounds amazing! Pictures anybody?!?




This 'should' be Azurite

I will post more later
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2017, 08:21 PM   #5
guelphman73
Private
Canada
9
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2013 528 xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Sweden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guelphman73 View Post
?? sounds amazing! Pictures anybody?!?




This 'should' be Azurite

I will post more later
Oh my gosh. Is the Azurite for real?!? Please post more!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 03:36 AM   #6
BMW_Sweden
Private First Class
42
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 540iX G30
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guelphman73 View Post
Oh my gosh. Is the Azurite for real?!? Please post more!







I have to say, it's even better irl..

A big part of me wants to change my order from Rhodonite to this Azurite... But it's so dirty here in Sweden.. hmmm
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 06:19 AM   #7
guelphman73
Private
Canada
9
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2013 528 xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Sweden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guelphman73 View Post
Oh my gosh. Is the Azurite for real?!? Please post more!







I have to say, it's even better irl..

A big part of me wants to change my order from Rhodonite to this Azurite... But it's so dirty here in Sweden.. hmmm
Wow. Stunning

You should make the change!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #8
remmib
General
remmib's Avatar
Norway
1257
Rep
28,938
Posts

Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Sweden View Post
I have to say, it's even better irl..

A big part of me wants to change my order from Rhodonite to this Azurite... But it's so dirty here in Sweden.. hmmm
Don't think I ever seen the Azurite black, but I bet it's looks stunning under bright sunlight.
So in Sweden (like here in Norway) it will just look like any other black car six months of the year.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #9
BMW_Sweden
Private First Class
42
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 540iX G30
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
Don't think I ever seen the Azurite black, but I bet it's looks stunning under bright sunlight.
So in Sweden (like here in Norway) it will just look like any other black car six months of the year.
6 months? I'd say 8-10

BUT I have actually been able to see the Azurite very quickly, a darker cloudy day a few weeks ago, and it looked pitch black, until it passed me, then it shined brilliantly
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 03:32 PM   #10
guelphman73
Private
Canada
9
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2013 528 xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Sweden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
Don't think I ever seen the Azurite black, but I bet it's looks stunning under bright sunlight.
So in Sweden (like here in Norway) it will just look like any other black car six months of the year.
6 months? I'd say 8-10

BUT I have actually been able to see the Azurite very quickly, a darker cloudy day a few weeks ago, and it looked pitch black, until it passed me, then it shined brilliantly
Certainly sounds like a pretty special colour.

I have been debating to go Med. Blue vs. Azurite but something keeps pulling me toward the Azurite. Maybe it?s because it?s like having 2 different colours in 1 depending on the lighting conditions.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 01:48 AM   #11
AP
Colonel
AP's Avatar
630
Rep
2,640
Posts

Drives: G30 540i X Msport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

cracking colour but like any dark colour , more critical to not just keeping it clean but cleaning it the correct way so you dont get swirl marks on it. that will spoil it right away.

nice and clean on a sunny day will look stunning.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 02:22 AM   #12
BMW_Sweden
Private First Class
42
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 540iX G30
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
cracking colour but like any dark colour , more critical to not just keeping it clean but cleaning it the correct way so you dont get swirl marks on it. that will spoil it right away.

nice and clean on a sunny day will look stunning.
This is the only thing holding me back. I have 0 skills when it comes to washing a car..
Rhodonite seems to be the easiest to keep 'nice' but it doesn't seem to fit the price tag...

Help me choose
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 03:23 AM   #13
AP
Colonel
AP's Avatar
630
Rep
2,640
Posts

Drives: G30 540i X Msport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

plenty of advice about cleaning cars on the web but I would say dont let anyone else including dealers wash it.
dont use a sponge or chamois leather.
use a lambs wool miiten or equivalent to wash and be gentle with the paint. use 2 buckets.
microfibre cloth to pat the car dry -not rub.

if cleaning not your thing then the silver will mask the swirls better I would say but they would still be there.

darker car will always show any dirt pretty much straight away but silver will mask some of that.

i have bluestone and it hides dirt quite well compared to sophisto grey that I had previously.


really depends how much you value good paintwork and how much (careful and correct) cleaning you are prepared to do .
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 03:56 AM   #14
Nivarox
Quadrex
Nivarox's Avatar
355
Rep
1,202
Posts

Drives: BMW G30 530 XDrive
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Close To BMW Dealer

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Sweden View Post
This is the only thing holding me back. I have 0 skills when it comes to washing a car..
Rhodonite seems to be the easiest to keep 'nice' but it doesn't seem to fit the price tag...

Help me choose

You should be picking up Glacier Silver then
I must admit though, I appreciate darker colors a lot more than my Glacier Silver but I prefer shade of silver because it's far easier to keep the car clean and looks cool too
__________________
Comparing BMW i8 to Tesla Is Like Comparing Apples to Pineapples
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 06:50 AM   #15
guelphman73
Private
Canada
9
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2013 528 xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
plenty of advice about cleaning cars on the web but I would say dont let anyone else including dealers wash it.
dont use a sponge or chamois leather.
use a lambs wool miiten or equivalent to wash and be gentle with the paint. use 2 buckets.
microfibre cloth to pat the car dry -not rub.

if cleaning not your thing then the silver will mask the swirls better I would say but they would still be there.

darker car will always show any dirt pretty much straight away but silver will mask some of that.

i have bluestone and it hides dirt quite well compared to sophisto grey that I had previously.


really depends how much you value good paintwork and how much (careful and correct) cleaning you are prepared to do .
What about a soft cloth car wash? Honest question...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 07:50 AM   #16
AP
Colonel
AP's Avatar
630
Rep
2,640
Posts

Drives: G30 540i X Msport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

i wouldnt trust one personally...

i was watching someone at a local petrol station cleaning his beemer with the brush/jetwash that people use to clean their wheels and put on the ground and was thinking how much damage he was doing....

I guess it depends how OCD you are but I persoanly think if you spend this sort of money on a new car that you look after the paont so it continues to look like it did when you picked it up.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 09:49 PM   #17
jfiore13
Second Lieutenant
jfiore13's Avatar
34
Rep
277
Posts

Drives: black 2011 535xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: sparta, NJ

iTrader: (1)

I have Azurite Black on my M5. I love it. I was always a jet black type of guy but this color stole my heart. Not as hard to keep clean as jet black as it hides dirt better with the "blue" to the color but when it's clean it's the best. On a cloudy day looks more black but under direct sunlight the color looks awesome. I get compliments on it all the time.
Attached Images
      
Appreciate 1
phefner97.50

      10-18-2017, 10:07 PM   #18
guelphman73
Private
Canada
9
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2013 528 xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfiore13 View Post
I have Azurite Black on my M5. I love it. I was always a jet black type of guy but this color stole my heart. Not as hard to keep clean as jet black as it hides dirt better with the "blue" to the color but when it's clean it's the best. On a cloudy day looks more black but under direct sunlight the color looks awesome. I get compliments on it all the time.
Ah ok. Yes it's very cool to see the 2 different colours in 1 on a sunny vs. cloudy day. Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #19
phefner
Second Lieutenant
phefner's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
230
Posts

Drives: 991.1 C4S, 991.2 GT3, F30 340
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Sweden View Post






I have to say, it's even better irl..

A big part of me wants to change my order from Rhodonite to this Azurite... But it's so dirty here in Sweden.. hmmm

Is there a clear wrap on this and or possibly has been coated too? Stunning color.
__________________
Quietly Effective
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 02:30 PM   #20
BMW_Sweden
Private First Class
42
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 540iX G30
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phefner View Post
Is there a clear wrap on this and or possibly has been coated too? Stunning color.
Nope!
Just dealer-washed/waxed!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 04:58 PM   #21
bimmer_335
Major
103
Rep
1,074
Posts

Drives: 540 mSport
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the middle of nowhere, TX

iTrader: (1)

its a beautiful color but i'm not paying $2k extra for it... not worth it in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 04:33 AM   #22
en1gma
Second Lieutenant
en1gma's Avatar
United Kingdom
40
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: G30 530i M Sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

I absolutely love his colour. But could not justify paying the extra...

But if you can, this is soooooooo nice... simply awesome!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST