BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 530e Euro Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-03-2019, 12:53 AM   #1
bpu
New Member
6
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 530e
Join Date: May 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

530e Euro Delivery

We did this trip awhile ago but I never got around to posting a thread. Ordered a 2019 Alpine White 530e M Sport with cognac interior and did European Delivery. The overall experience was fantastic. It was easy to choose dates with my dealer and BMW sent the booklet and really great info in the mail. On the day of, we walked to the Welt from our hotel and the service and everything about the day is just perfectly executed. Lots of smiles and excited people all around, great food and drink while you wait and you can see your car on its stand down below! Our delivery specialist was a total expert on the product, they take you to a small theater to introduce the car to you and we had some great conversation. Walking down the steps to see the car completely fresh from the factory is an exciting experience. Then we did the factory tour and museum, then back to the Welt for some relaxing and lunch. Overall a packed day and a ton of fun!

From there, we drove the car to southern Germany, through Switzerland and France, and to Spain. It was amazing waking up in a new city with a new language, food, and scenery almost every day. It is definitely a different way to experience the countries compared to flying in and out of one place.

Overall, awesome experience that I'd recommend to anyone. Happy to answer any questions.

As for the car, that's a topic for another thread but we completely love it. The electric drive, HUD, iDrive, wireless CarPlay, interior design and materials, exterior design, steering and handling, there isn't another vehicle in the market offering the same package of stuff, and so well executed. Glad we discovered the brand!
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 3
      10-06-2019, 09:06 PM   #2
4568
Registered
5
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2019 530e
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpu View Post
We did this trip awhile ago but I never got around to posting a thread. Ordered a 2019 Alpine White 530e M Sport with cognac interior and did European Delivery. The overall experience was fantastic. It was easy to choose dates with my dealer and BMW sent the booklet and really great info in the mail. On the day of, we walked to the Welt from our hotel and the service and everything about the day is just perfectly executed. Lots of smiles and excited people all around, great food and drink while you wait and you can see your car on its stand down below! Our delivery specialist was a total expert on the product, they take you to a small theater to introduce the car to you and we had some great conversation. Walking down the steps to see the car completely fresh from the factory is an exciting experience. Then we did the factory tour and museum, then back to the Welt for some relaxing and lunch. Overall a packed day and a ton of fun!

From there, we drove the car to southern Germany, through Switzerland and France, and to Spain. It was amazing waking up in a new city with a new language, food, and scenery almost every day. It is definitely a different way to experience the countries compared to flying in and out of one place.

Overall, awesome experience that I'd recommend to anyone. Happy to answer any questions.

As for the car, that's a topic for another thread but we completely love it. The electric drive, HUD, iDrive, wireless CarPlay, interior design and materials, exterior design, steering and handling, there isn't another vehicle in the market offering the same package of stuff, and so well executed. Glad we discovered the brand!
I di a ED last year and picked up my 530e at Welt. Great experience. I have the same interior but I have black exterior
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 09:37 AM   #3
ted99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
66
Rep
284
Posts

Drives: former i3>330e, 528i>X5 40e
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Were you able to charge at any point in your trip? Were you able to pick your delivery date?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 11:33 AM   #4
4568
Registered
5
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2019 530e
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
Were you able to charge at any point in your trip? Were you able to pick your delivery date?
O did not charge it
I used gas.
Yes, I picked my delivery date before I signi the paperwork
Appreciate 1
ted9965.50

      10-08-2019, 11:34 PM   #5
bpu
New Member
6
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 530e
Join Date: May 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4568 View Post
I di a ED last year and picked up my 530e at Welt. Great experience. I have the same interior but I have black exterior
Glad to hear, I don't see black with cognac all too often, have any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
Were you able to charge at any point in your trip? Were you able to pick your delivery date?
No, we weren't able to charge during the trip because it's a US spec model and not compatible with European chargers. However the regen works really well and we generated enough battery charge during highway drives that we had some electric drive to use when we got to the cities.

Yes, you can pick your delivery date. You have to provide 3 options in order of preference, and they'll do their best to schedule you for your top choice. It should be fine as long as you're scheduling enough in advance and it's not a holiday or something.
Appreciate 1
ted9965.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST