BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery New 5 Series Touring stuck at Dingolfing (Logistics)

02-11-2022, 05:02 PM   #1
s7bruce
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series Touring

New 5 Series Touring stuck at Dingolfing (Logistics)

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum but does anyone know what the issues are at Dingolfing with logistics to the exit port? Car build was complete on the 17th of January but hasn't moved since then! I was due delivery this week but the dealership cant give me an update for some reason & keeps saying it'll be delivered before the 15th of February??

Any information is much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2022, 08:01 AM   #2
YETIinFL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

It could be many reasons. Most common reason lately has been the stop sales order to wait for a chip install -- radio, 360 camera, cruise control, etc. have been common for recent orders.

Mine was built Jan 26 and is showing 'Produced, not shipped.' Hoping it will be here by the end of the month, but not likely.

You can check https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/ to see if there are any open recalls. Just enter your VIN.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 11:35 AM   #3
s7bruce
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series Touring

I was informed that it is due to a shortage of HGV drivers but i thought the car travelled by rail to the port of exit?
Appreciate 0