BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Burble settings that sound good?

02-24-2024, 03:36 AM   #1
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Burble settings that sound good?

First of all before I get roasted I run multimap, so 99% of the time this car will have burbles off. That 1% of time I want to turn them on on the fly, they sound pathetic. This car sounds like it’s dragging cans like I’m a newlywed. Pop , pause pop pop. Not at all aggressive like my 135 with burbles. The 135 obviously has a way more aggressive exhaust from the factory and the 540 muffler is the size of a small trash can, so I get it.

But does anyone have a stock muffler and a burble setting they actually enjoy the sound of? I have catless DP and it really didn’t make much difference in the sound. Not the end of the world to accept the issue is the stock muffler, but figured I’d ask. I can always take the 135 out which sounds like driving in a war zone if I turn the burbles on (also map switch).
Appreciate 0