BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications RaceChip GTS Black Questions

02-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #1
superiaultra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Red M3

RaceChip GTS Black Questions

My m550 is due in in the next 2 weeks. I’ve been reading about race chip on other BMW platform with good reviews. I visited their site, but still left confused. There are 7 different maps, but they don’t say what map is what. I see the power gains, but is that MAX power gains on the highest map? Their website is nice, but doesn’t really give that much technical info. Any help?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 10:27 PM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownsoccer22 View Post
My m550 is due in in the next 2 weeks. I’ve been reading about race chip on other BMW platform with good reviews. I visited their site, but still left confused. There are 7 different maps, but they don’t say what map is what. I see the power gains, but is that MAX power gains on the highest map? Their website is nice, but doesn’t really give that much technical info. Any help?

Thanks
I just got them in stock recently and just had the RaceChip GTS Black installed on my G30 540i replacing the RaceChip Ultimate that I had it since May 2017.

I have yet to understand all the details too, which I will have meeting with them next month.
But, from my understanding, those 7 maps are will automatically used based on the data it collect from your car and use which one is best for your engine.
The only setting it will give you on the module is Off, Eco, Sport, and Race.

As far as a MAX gain, in my 20+ years experience in the industry, don't trust it until you dyno it.
I do believe in the gain, but the number, I suggest not to take it too seriously.
There is too much variable to proof that number. Climate, Sea Level, Gas quality, etc.

But based on my customers VBOX data, there are a very good improvement just by using RaceChip.
I got guys with F15 X5 50i (N63tu) and F85 X5M (S63tu) did a VBOX data, and the number is very impressive.

I have yet to get one VBOX, but I don't think I will since there are no open road when you live in a big city. And the closest dyno place is 1 hour away and it is not cheap.

If you are interested, feel free to PM me, they offer 14 days satisfaction guarantee that I also honor.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0