BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Amp/sound system upgrade

07-28-2020, 02:14 PM   #1
BK28
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i xDrive

Amp/sound system upgrade

For those who have replaced their amp or upgraded their sound system has it interfered with any repairs at the dealership? I read on another forum that the stock amp needs to be installed for certain dealership upgrades or repairs but not sure if there's truth to this. I have a 2017 5 series with the base HiFi system and I'm looking to upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 09:57 PM   #2
DrVonkle
0=0
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK28 View Post
For those who have replaced their amp or upgraded their sound system has it interfered with any repairs at the dealership? I read on another forum that the stock amp needs to be installed for certain dealership upgrades or repairs but not sure if there's truth to this. I have a 2017 5 series with the base HiFi system and I'm looking to upgrade.
I replaced everything. Amp, speakers, & subs and have had no issues whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #3
BK28
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVonkle View Post
Quote:
What brand did you replace your system with? I was stuck between a Bavsound or BimmerTech amp but ended up going with Bavsound.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 09:41 PM   #4
DrVonkle
0=0
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What brand did you replace your system with? I was stuck between a Bavsound or BimmerTech amp but ended up going with Bavsound.
I went with full Diamond components, and Diamond amplifier for the highs & mids. Alpine for subs and amp. Bavsound and others are great for stock replacement, but didn't have the sound I was looking for. Amps are hidden in the trunk under the storage compartment.
https://diamondaudio.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 09:46 PM   #5
BK28
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I went with full Diamond components, and Diamond amplifier for the kids & highs. Alpine for subs and amp. Bavsound and others are great for stock replacement, but didn't have the sound I was looking for. Amps are hidden in the trunk under the storage compartment.
https://diamondaudio.com/
Actually just had my amp replaced today with Bavsound. Was initially disappointed in the sound quality but after adjusting the bass and treble in settings I found a setting I am happy with. Will take a look at this brand when I get to replacing the speakers and subs.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 12:16 PM   #6
David MK
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30 2020

Thanks
Appreciate 0