BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions What's the code to enable remote 3D view menu

09-07-2018, 01:31 AM   #1
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i

What's the code to enable remote 3D view menu

Hi guys, my 530e doesn't have "remote 3D view" under "Data privacy"

I tried to set REMOTE 360 to active under NBT, but still no.

Are there any other code I need to change to turn on this option under "Data privacy"?

Appreciate any helps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 10:38 AM   #2
nlkccom
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i AW

Does your car have the side cameras under the side view mirrors?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlkccom View Post
Does your car have the side cameras under the side view mirrors?
Yes
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #4
JayPichardo
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Is that not available in Canada?

Top M Client Advisor in New England.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 04:32 AM   #5
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_F36 View Post
Is that not available in Canada?
It's available and it's said activated in the subscriber agreement.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 10:50 AM   #6
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhasin View Post
Why are you having to code it in E-sys - i.e. what option are you missing that means that you are having to 'add' it yourself?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 03:01 PM   #7
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
Quote:
Why are you having to code it in E-sys - i.e. what option are you missing that means that you are having to 'add' it yourself?
My car doesn't have "Remote 3D View" under data privacy. But my car is equipped with this option.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 03:44 AM   #8
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
My car doesn't have "Remote 3D View" under data privacy. But my car is equipped with this option.
Not sure if its the same in Canada, but the official line from BMW in the UK is to use remote 3D we have to have the 'online services' option which is an annual subscription. Having said that, it seems to work for some people who don't have 'online services'.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 06:48 PM   #9
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post

Wanted to send a quick update. The necessary changes in the back end went live today, so R360 should be available in all capable vehicles.

You will need to update services in the vehicle. To do this click on ConnectedDrive and hit the options button on the iDrive controller. Select "Update BMW Assist".

Once this is done you should see the R360 option under the privacy section in the iDrive menu.

Again, R360 is only available for G series vehicles with the appropriate hardware.

All vehicles should see the option by the end of the week.

Good news for all Canadian BMW owners with Vehicles capable for Remote 3d view. I got my software update today by following steps mentioned by Canadian33 above. After you get your software update, you have to enable Remote 3d view in Data privacy section of idrive settings under My Vehicle. Once this is done, open your BMW Connected app in Apple (ios) device, logout from App and log back in App, accept terms and you will see Remote 3D View option. Click on this option and first time you will just see image of your vehicle. Click on REFRESH VIEW, wait for new image to load and you will see actual view of last parked vehicle with surroundings. You can scroll on screen to see vehicle and surrounding from different angle.

Thanks to Canadian33 for helping us in finally getting this feature in Canada.

Last edited by Khatopito; 11-14-2018 at 06:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #10
Hooch
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khatopito View Post
Good news for all Canadian BMW owners with Vehicles capable for Remote 3d view. I got my software update today by following steps mentioned by Canadian33 above. After you get your software update, you have to enable Remote 3d view in Data privacy section of idrive settings under My Vehicle. Once this is done, open your BMW Connected app in Apple (ios) device, logout from App and log back in App, accept terms and you will see Remote 3D View option. Click on this option and first time you will just see image of your vehicle. Click on REFRESH VIEW, wait for new image to load and you will see actual view of last parked vehicle with surroundings. You can scroll on screen to see vehicle and surrounding from different angle.

Thanks to Canadian33 for helping us in finally getting this feature in Canada.
Sorry, I may be missing something. Where are Canadian33’s steps above? I’ve been trying to sort out this same issue myself and have not had any luck.

Also, Can the software update be done at home (from bmw website) or only at the dealer?

Thanks for confirming a fix!!

Last edited by Hooch; 11-13-2018 at 08:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 05:55 AM   #11
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
Sorry, I may be missing something. Where are Canadian33’s steps above? I’ve been trying to sort out this same issue myself and have not had any luck.

Also, Can the software update be done at home (from bmw website) or only at the dealer?

Thanks for confirming a fix!!
Here is post from Canadian33. Also software update can be done anywhere right inside your vehicle from idrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post

Wanted to send a quick update. The necessary changes in the back end went live today, so R360 should be available in all capable vehicles.

You will need to update services in the vehicle. To do this click on ConnectedDrive and hit the options button on the iDrive controller. Select "Update BMW Assist".

Once this is done you should see the R360 option under the privacy section in the iDrive menu.

Again, R360 is only available for G series vehicles with the appropriate hardware.

All vehicles should see the option by the end of the week.

Last edited by Khatopito; 11-14-2018 at 06:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 06:22 AM   #12
Zap-xpilot
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 ZCP 2017, 540ix 18 G31

Garage List
Hmm anyone tried this in Europe?
Is it a back-end restriction or a front-end one, what with GDPR and all.
I'd love to have this feature, but here in Sweden the laws regarding camera surveillance are draconian.
Anyone tried this in Europe?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 04:35 AM   #13
Lazzerman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive Black 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap-xpilot View Post
Hmm anyone tried this in Europe?
Is it a back-end restriction or a front-end one, what with GDPR and all.
I'd love to have this feature, but here in Sweden the laws regarding camera surveillance are draconian.
Anyone tried this in Europe?
Hello Zax( Hej :-)) Im a new owner of a 550i 2018 - fiddled around with the 360 camera(tried to) yesterday. But I take it from your post that the true 360 panorama view is disabled in Sweden?

best regards,

Lars
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 02:59 PM   #14
ob2ob2
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G32 630d GT xDrive Msports

Previously, I couldn't find that either. After talking to the customer service of the BMW Connected, they told me to purchase "Remote Services" from the BMW Connected Drive web site. After that, the Remote 3D view appears in the Data Privacy, and then can be used in the BMW Connected app.

It also gives you the GPS location function from the BMW Connected app, you will see this menu option appear in the iDrive too, and there will be a tiny icon by the signal bars in the iDrive.

Just the "Remote Services" is good enough, you don't need to purchase the full packages of other stuff you don't need.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 03:13 AM   #15
Zap-xpilot
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 ZCP 2017, 540ix 18 G31

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzerman View Post
Hello Zax( Hej :-)) Im a new owner of a 550i 2018 - fiddled around with the 360 camera(tried to) yesterday. But I take it from your post that the true 360 panorama view is disabled in Sweden?

best regards,

Lars
Hej Lasse, välkommen, grym bil!

I believe we may be talking about different things:

What I refer to when talking about Remote 3D view is the previously advertised ability to log-in to the car via the App and take 3D views around the car, when it is parked. That way you can check-up on your car from the office/home.

To my understanding this is enabled in UK, but not in Sweden, probably due to privacy laws.

Please correct me if mistaken. Anyways, I'd like to know if this can be "coded" or if it is a server-side restriction (probably the later part)
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 07:12 PM   #16
Mishueen
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 520d

Zap -have you had the chance to debug further? Is this a server side restriction or is something we need to code to have the 3d working?
Appreciate 0