- Black front bumper trim
- Wrapped door handles
- M5 style side mirrors
- Black m logos on fenders
- Black m550i logo
- 21" 718m wheels from G01 X3
- Interior trim wrapped in gloss carbon look
- Alpina display

I also bought an aftermarket m performance spoiler kit but still in doubt whether I should fit it or not. Any suggestions? Please show photos if you have the same colour and installed the m performance spoilers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      04-30-2021, 01:36 PM   #2
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Where did you get the carbon fiber interior trim? Could you please send a link?
      04-30-2021, 03:04 PM   #3
M550i_91
HDM91
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW m550i G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
I got it wrapped. Don't actually know the manufacture of the vinyl.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 04:07 PM   #4
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Looking good!

G30 540i xDrive / BM3 Stage 2+ / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / MPS4S / 20" BBS CI-R / Eibach Spacers / xHP Stg 3 / MST Intake / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2021, 05:31 PM   #5
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M550i_91 View Post
Quote:
Where did you get it wrapped?
      04-30-2021, 05:53 PM   #6
M550i_91
HDM91
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Where did you get it wrapped?
I live in denmark, Copenhagen... got it done at a local wrapping company
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 11:29 PM   #7
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Almost done with my 2018 M550i

Mods made:

- Black fender trim
- Black front grille
- Wrapped door handles
- M5 style side mirrors
- Black m550i logo
- Remus mid-pipe (resonator delete)
- Alpina display

I also bought an aftermarket m performance spoiler kit but still in doubt whether I should fit it or not. Any suggestions? Please show photos if you have the same colour and installed the m performance spoilers.
Great choices on modding your car. I think it looks great.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 01:21 PM   #8
I3LaZeN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Very Nice. Need some spacers and the stance will look amazing!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 09:55 PM   #9
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850I Gran Coupe Xdrive

Quote:
Almost done with my 2018 M550i

Mods made:

- Black fender trim
- Black front grille
- Wrapped door handles
- M5 style side mirrors
- Black m550i logo
- Remus mid-pipe (resonator delete)
- Alpina display

Very nice and tasteful modifications! I really like how the wheels look.
2018 M550I Xdrive Alpine White on Cognac Leather, Premium Enhanced Package, Drivers Assitance Plus, Remote Parking/display key, massage seats, 21 wheels style 629 Black Chrome. M performance brakes in blue, M performance carbon fibre diffuser, m performance side skirt extensions, m performance front lip. 45% tint, roof wrapped in gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 12:51 AM   #10
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Looks great. I had never even heard of the 718m wheels. Are they basically a 21" version of the 668m? From your pictures they seem to sit flush, so I don't understand the earlier comment about spacers.. do my eyes deceive me?
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2021, 04:11 PM   #11
M550i_91
HDM91
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Looks great. I had never even heard of the 718m wheels. Are they basically a 21" version of the 668m? From your pictures they seem to sit flush, so I don't understand the earlier comment about spacers.. do my eyes deceive me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
They're pretty flush without spacers so no need for adding that by my opinion.
The 718m are from the G01 X3 (I would say it's the x3's 21" version of the 668m yes)
Appreciate 1
Norris83268.50
      06-30-2021, 04:15 PM   #12
M550i_91
HDM91
Denmark
Rep

Some new pictures with the performance spoiler kit fitted. Waiting to fit the rear diffusor soon
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
maDjzo851.00
Norris83268.50
      07-02-2021, 11:49 AM   #13
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3LaZeN View Post
Very Nice. Need some spacers and the stance will look amazing!
It's actually pretty good fitment without. If you really wanted them flush, I would only put a 5-10mm spacers on the rears.
Spacers add more weight than they really help.
2018 M550I Xdrive Alpine White on Cognac Leather, Premium Enhanced Package, Drivers Assitance Plus, Remote Parking/display key, massage seats, 21 wheels style 629 Black Chrome. M performance brakes in blue, M performance carbon fibre diffuser, m performance side skirt extensions, m performance front lip. 45% tint, roof wrapped in gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 04:55 PM   #14
BmwDenmark82
Rep
Drives: Audi a5

Quote:
Some new pictures with the performance spoiler kit fitted. Waiting to fit the rear diffusor soon
What do you think about the bluestone colour, now that you have been living with it for a while?
How does it look in different ligtning?

I am asking because i have ordered a 545e in bsm. But strongly considering changing it to bluestone.
I have ordered my car with extended shadowline, shadowline lights, tinted windows and of course the m-sport version.
I just think that the black details suits the bluestone colour very well.
And obviously I will add the jet black 19” alloys.

By the way i am also from Denmark.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 03:34 PM   #15
M550i_91
HDM91
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwDenmark82 View Post
Quote:
What do you think about the bluestone colour, now that you have been living with it for a while?

I am asking because i have ordered a 545e in bsm. But strongly considering changing it to bluestone.
I have ordered my car with extended shadowline, shadowline lights, tinted windows and of course the m-sport version.
And obviously I will add the jet black 19” alloys.

Nice - fedt med nogle danske folk herinde

I was actually a bit in doubt about the colour when I bought the car but at that time it had the titanium chrome trims as the m550i comes with. They look really good on a black car but not at all on a bluestone in my opinion.
After changing all trims to gloss black it really made a huge difference and I'm now completely in love with the colour. Especially with the m performance spoiler kit mounted.
With a ceramic coating the paintwork will be even deeper in the gloss and look even better.
Another thing to note is that when the car is a bit dirty it doesn't look so bad as a dirty black car.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 08:43 PM   #16
RogueAI
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Co/2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And obviously I will add the jet black 19" alloys.

I was actually a bit in doubt about the colour when I bought the car but at that time it had the titanium chrome trims as the m550i comes with. They look really good on a black car but not at all on a bluestone in my opinion.
After changing all trims to gloss black it really made a huge difference and I'm now completely in love with the colour. Especially with the m performance spoiler kit mounted.
With a ceramic coating the paintwork will be even deeper in the gloss and look even better.
Another thing to note is that when the car is a bit dirty it doesn't look so bad as a dirty black car.
Completely agree. The cerium grey parts looked horrible on bluestone. I've done similar to you and replaced all of them with gloss black and also went with black wheels as well. Looks so much better
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 12:05 AM   #17
M550i_91
HDM91
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kier77 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Completely agree. The cerium grey parts looked horrible on bluestone. I've done similar to you and replaced all of them with gloss black and also went with black wheels as well. Looks so much better
Wow looks good. Completely identical to mine

What wheels and dimensions do you have?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 03:00 AM   #18
RogueAI
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Co/2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kier77 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow looks good. Completely identical to mine

What wheels and dimensions do you have?
I went with 20s as I didn't want to compromise ride quality. Wheels are also only slightly wider and the the offset they just nicely fill it out a bit more. Exact specs are:
20x8.5 ET24
20x9.5 ET38
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 09:26 PM   #19
A.Jones256
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i (G30)

First post, recent purchase, really enjoying the vehicle. I am doing some of the same things. Tried to upload photos, so we'll see if that works. I love the bluestone metallic, but was not sure that I would when I first bought it. I've made some modifications, as seen in the images (uh, hopefully seen anyway), removing the brushed cerium portions of the vehicle and replacing them with gloss black and carbon fiber. I think I'm most impressed with the interior quality and, honestly, the performance of the M550i in Sport Plus mode. I tried out launch control recently and nearly messed myself. My arm is still sore from where wife punched me immediately thereafter—probably should've told her I was going to do that...

Anyway, I'm loving what everyone is doing with these modifications. Glad to know I'm not the only one making these changes.
Attached Images

Last edited by A.Jones256; 09-12-2021 at 10:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 08:34 PM   #20
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Jones256 View Post
First post, recent purchase, really enjoying the vehicle. I am doing some of the same things. Tried to upload photos, so we'll see if that works. I love the bluestone metallic, but was not sure that I would when I first bought it. I've made some modifications, as seen in the images (uh, hopefully seen anyway), removing the brushed cerium portions of the vehicle and replacing them with gloss black and carbon fiber. I think I'm most impressed with the interior quality and, honestly, the performance of the M550i in Sport Plus mode. I tried out launch control recently and nearly messed myself. My arm is still sore from where wife punched me immediately thereafter—probably should've told her I was going to do that...

Anyway, I'm loving what everyone is doing with these modifications. Glad to know I'm not the only one making these changes.
Beautiful interior color with the wood trim!
Appreciate 0