BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding trunk panels G31

11-25-2023, 05:17 AM   #1
SoundHound75
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

trunk panels G31

Hi,

I bought a G31 from 2021, and I've been desperately searching the internet, YouTube, and Google but can't find any guidelines, videos, or manuals on how to remove the side panel to access the RAM and Booster amplifier. Especially the Booster, the RAM amplifier is easily accessible.

Can someone help me?
I'm willing to pay for a technical manual or exploded drawing of those parts.

The exploded drawings I find on the internet are from older models up to 2019, which are not the same as the 2019+ models.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2023, 01:10 PM   #2
JuniorTech
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 340i Msport & G05 X5 40i

open newtis.info
      11-27-2023, 02:33 AM   #3
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundHound75 View Post
Hi,

I bought a G31 from 2021, and I've been desperately searching the internet, YouTube, and Google but can't find any guidelines, videos, or manuals on how to remove the side panel to access the RAM and Booster amplifier. Especially the Booster, the RAM amplifier is easily accessible.

Can someone help me?

The exploded drawings I find on the internet are from older models up to 2019, which are not the same as the 2019+ models.

Thank you.
PM me your vin i can look
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 04:16 AM   #4
choppedliver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550ix Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundHound75 View Post
Hi,

Can someone help me?

Thank you.
My car is 2020 G30 but has RAM and booster. I added a subwoofer with technicpnp harness.

Off the top of my head and roughly in order
1) Remove boot floor
2) Remove plastic cover at the back of the boot. 4 screws I think. You will need to peel back the rubber seal to remove it.
3) Undo the tie down hook on RAM/Booster side
4) Remove all plastic clips holding the side panel in the boot. 3-4 I think
5) Loosen the boot hinge cover. It has a split in the middle to make this possible.
6) Fold down seat on RAM side and remove plastic clips that hold side cover at the front. 2 I think.
7) You may need to remove the seat side bolster on the RAM side to get the side panel out, but it can be done without remove the side bolster. The side bolster comes out easily but is a bastard to put back. I worked out the best way is to remove the swiveling plastic guide from the bolster and put it in its slot and then put the bolster back, much much easier.
8) Pull back rubber around top edges of side panel and then pull it out.

Should take 15 minutes or so.
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2023, 04:41 AM   #5
choppedliver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550ix Pure

This video might be a little useful. It doesn’t show the process but you can see them refer to the clips and boot hinge.

Appreciate 3