BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Tracking the global pandemic

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-06-2020, 04:58 PM   #243
Tambohamilton
Major
United Kingdom
465
Rep
1,399
Posts

Drives: E91 330d
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Wiltshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Itís nature taking back whatís hers. Always a battle for balance.

I hope humanity pulls through this or this could be a repeating occurrence like the flu, but deadlier.
Agreed. I'm in solidarity with everyone fighting this, and everyone staying still to make sure the spread is slowed. But I'm not shocked. My hope us that it pulls all remaining humanity on the planet together, to realise that we all share the same problems, and to work together to stay happy and healthy together. A very romantic notion, but we as a species can't fight this if it's every man/woman/nation for themselves.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2020, 05:51 PM   #244
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
1208
Rep
1,447
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Well said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
For sure I think Boris is on ventilator now, for those on a ventilator 50% survive.
Patients are heavily sedated and turned on their front and the ventilator takes over their breathing.
It's baffling that some survive while others don't.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/uk/bo...ntl/index.html

Wowie -
CNN reports as of nearly midnight UK time that he has been moved to ICU as a precaution in case he needs a ventilator - we hope he makes it.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2020, 06:55 PM   #245
apexit4
Captain
Poland
993
Rep
979
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
You guys catch the F1 esports race? Kind of impressed with Leclerc...8 days with the game.
I watched the replay out of curiosity considering that there were more F1 drivers in it this time. There were a few interesting battles, but it definitely wasnt as interesting as the real thing.

I agree, Leclerc was impressive. But he did admit to practicing about 5 hours each day for a week in preparation. So he wasnt a complete novice. They still need to attract more current racers and turn on damage to make it more realistic.

I'm beginning to understand why Verstappen said he wont participate. The series that he runs in really is a simulator and theres a larger range of adjustments he can make to fine tune the car. The F1 eSports race is more of a game than a sim. For that reason, I think they will have a hard time finding more active drivers to participate.
Appreciate 3
      04-06-2020, 07:04 PM   #246
apexit4
Captain
Poland
993
Rep
979
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Probably a ventilator is required in his situation .
Sounds bad my friend !

Side note : Yesterday evening I watched a documentary about "SARS-Cov-2". That's what COVID-19 actually is ...
It has 80% of the SARS genome !

I heard only bad news from the documentary . The global situation looks not good for "ALL"" of us !
Worst case scenario was : The killer virus continues to infect us . If one individual remains with the virus . Everything will start all over again ...
Till a vaccin is found......That works effectively without side effects !
Not good my friend . Not good !
Where were you able to find the documentary? I'm interested in adding it to my watch list.

Its interesting how this virus can be so similar to SARS (i.e. 80% similar) and yet the remaining 20% difference so deadly. From what I read, with SARS its was less dangerous since you had to be exhibiting symptoms of the virus to be considered infectious. With what we have now, you can be infectious several days before showing symptoms. The words "silent death" come mind.....

Hard to believe we might be in lockdown for a year. But for all the doom and gloom, there is a positive side to it in that we've never had this many people working on vaccine. It gives me hope that we'll be able to eventually find a solid solution.
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2020, 07:09 PM   #247
apexit4
Captain
Poland
993
Rep
979
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Everyone please pray for Boris Johnson our PM,he's been taken into intensive care.
That very unfortunate to hear, the situation does sound really dire.

I recently came across an article stating that Bob Varsha has tested positive for the virus. He was one of the main commentators of F1 races when the Speed Channel was a thing here in the US. Definitely a voice that I associate with F1 back from when I was just getting into the sport.

Considering how the virus is spreading, it seems like its only a matter of time before everyone will know someone who has caught the virus. Hopefully the majority will be able to fight it off.
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2020, 08:48 PM   #248
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
1208
Rep
1,447
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Wowie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
That very unfortunate to hear, the situation does sound really dire.

I recently came across an article stating that Bob Varsha has tested positive for the virus. He was one of the main commentators of F1 races when the Speed Channel was a thing here in the US. Definitely a voice that I associate with F1 back from when I was just getting into the sport.

Considering how the virus is spreading, it seems like its only a matter of time before everyone will know someone who has caught the virus. Hopefully the majority will be able to fight it off.
Really enjoyed Bob Varsha's voice in F1 at the time....and loved Calvin Fish's contribution as paddock color.

Back in the day, I sent Bob a letter acknowledging his 100th GP coverage - he wrote me back! This was before ones and zeros....Hopeful Bob recovers.

Just found this when searching....we wish Bob recovery and health:
https://racer.com/2020/01/06/veteran...ttling-cancer/
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041

Last edited by racerbruce; 04-06-2020 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2020, 10:43 PM   #249
apexit4
Captain
Poland
993
Rep
979
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Really enjoyed Bob Varsha's voice in F1 at the time....and loved Calvin Fish's contribution as paddock color.

Back in the day, I sent Bob a letter acknowledging his 100th GP coverage - he wrote me back! This was before ones and zeros....Hopeful Bob recovers.

Just found this when searching....we wish Bob recovery and health:
https://racer.com/2020/01/06/veteran...ttling-cancer/
Thats pretty cool you got a response back from him! Sadly things like that rarely happen these days.

I didnt know he was having other health issues, hopefully he recovers as you said.
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2020, 11:37 PM   #250
chris719
Brigadier General
3309
Rep
3,688
Posts

Drives: '08 M Roadster
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Where were you able to find the documentary? I'm interested in adding it to my watch list.

Its interesting how this virus can be so similar to SARS (i.e. 80% similar) and yet the remaining 20% difference so deadly. From what I read, with SARS its was less dangerous since you had to be exhibiting symptoms of the virus to be considered infectious. With what we have now, you can be infectious several days before showing symptoms. The words "silent death" come mind.....

Hard to believe we might be in lockdown for a year. But for all the doom and gloom, there is a positive side to it in that we've never had this many people working on vaccine. It gives me hope that we'll be able to eventually find a solid solution.
SARS will probably end up being more lethal, but less contagious. It's hard to say we know everything about SARS either because it made such a brief appearance and we were lucky enough to contain it.

There is unfortunately not a ton of understanding on how changes in the virus affect pathogenicity.
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2020, 02:45 AM   #251
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3529
Rep
3,279
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
That very unfortunate to hear, the situation does sound really dire.

I recently came across an article stating that Bob Varsha has tested positive for the virus. He was one of the main commentators of F1 races when the Speed Channel was a thing here in the US. Definitely a voice that I associate with F1 back from when I was just getting into the sport.

Considering how the virus is spreading, it seems like its only a matter of time before everyone will know someone who has caught the virus. Hopefully the majority will be able to fight it off.
At this moment there is no change for the 55 year old, his partner has also been affected to a lesser degree.
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2020, 04:35 AM   #252
Tambohamilton
Major
United Kingdom
465
Rep
1,399
Posts

Drives: E91 330d
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Wiltshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

I hope she's OK, being pregnant and all.
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2020, 04:47 AM   #253
ineedanewbimmer!
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW 3 series 2014
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Leeds

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone think that this will properly change the car industry? I can't see a lot of people wanting to buy cars now and for a long time coming! How will businesses survive? I know a lot of smaller businesses looking like they can't make it past June, is anyone hear struggling?
__________________
Check out my business, offering all things number plates.. we even offer BMW number plates https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/images/smilies/search.gif
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 08:26 AM   #254
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
1208
Rep
1,447
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

My M5 and MBelgium friends -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
For sure I think Boris is on ventilator now, for those on a ventilator 50% survive.
Patients are heavily sedated and turned on their front and the ventilator takes over their breathing.
It's baffling that some survive while others don't.
Yesterday:
UK: 439
Belgium:185
US: 1,255

We are hopeful the fatalaties have or will peak soon.

Stay safe and be well.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2020, 08:32 AM   #255
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3529
Rep
3,279
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Yesterday:
UK: 439
Belgium:185
US: 1,255

We are hopeful the fatalaties have or will peak soon.

Stay safe and be well.
Grim in US that it's passed the 10000 dead milestone.
You stay safe also my friend and don't go for any drives
with the hood down
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2020, 10:10 AM   #256
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
1208
Rep
1,447
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

My M5 and MBelgium friends -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Grim in US that it's passed the 10000 dead milestone.
You stay safe also my friend and don't go for any drives
with the hood down
And you my friend -
Just checked the IHME graph projections and the US fatalaties is estimated to peak at appx 82,000.

Agreed, no convertible top-down!
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2020, 11:52 AM   #257
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20483
Rep
12,020
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Where were you able to find the documentary? I'm interested in adding it to my watch list.

Its interesting how this virus can be so similar to SARS (i.e. 80% similar) and yet the remaining 20% difference so deadly. From what I read, with SARS its was less dangerous since you had to be exhibiting symptoms of the virus to be considered infectious. With what we have now, you can be infectious several days before showing symptoms. The words "silent death" come mind.....

Hard to believe we might be in lockdown for a year. But for all the doom and gloom, there is a positive side to it in that we've never had this many people working on vaccine. It gives me hope that we'll be able to eventually find a solid solution.
Mate , it was on Discovery Channel .
It was "Pandemic: Covid-19" documentary => https://www.thenational.ae/arts-cult...break-1.999344
Found also a small trailer on Twitter .
Stay healthy my friends !

__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
apexit4993.00

      04-07-2020, 12:58 PM   #258
apexit4
Captain
Poland
993
Rep
979
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
SARS will probably end up being more lethal, but less contagious. It's hard to say we know everything about SARS either because it made such a brief appearance and we were lucky enough to contain it.

There is unfortunately not a ton of understanding on how changes in the virus affect pathogenicity.
I looked up the death rate from the 2003 SARS outbreak out of curiosity. From what I saw, it looks like it was around 15%. It will be interesting to see how it compares to COVID-19, but the current mortality rate is around 20% (based on currently resolved cased. As of today, there have been about 1.3 million infected cases and only about 250k resolved cases.
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #259
apexit4
Captain
Poland
993
Rep
979
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate , it was on Discovery Channel .
It was "Pandemic: Covid-19" documentary => https://www.thenational.ae/arts-cult...break-1.999344
Found also a small trailer on Twitter .
Stay healthy my friends !

Thanks for the info and the link mate, interesting stuff!
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2020, 01:08 PM   #260
apexit4
Captain
Poland
993
Rep
979
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedanewbimmer! View Post
Does anyone think that this will properly change the car industry? I can't see a lot of people wanting to buy cars now and for a long time coming! How will businesses survive? I know a lot of smaller businesses looking like they can't make it past June, is anyone hear struggling?
I think this will have an effect on the car industry. We may not feel the changes, but I'm sure automakers will adapt and learn from this pandemic. Its the dealerships that I think will be hurt the most. Car sales have taken a nose dive. Any dealerships/dealers not doing honest car sales on the internet will lose out on the few people still in the market for a new/used car.

I'm not struggling yet myself but my company has recently temporarily decreased wages by 25% for all workers. Not an insignificant hit, but better than being laid off or furloughed.
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2020, 02:18 PM   #261
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20483
Rep
12,020
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Yesterday:
UK: 439
Belgium:185
US: 1,255

We are hopeful the fatalaties have or will peak soon.

Stay safe and be well.
- According the latest :

USA + 1522
France + 1417
UK + 786
Italy + 604
Spain + 556
Belgium + 403
Netherlands + 234

"In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"
May their poor souls "RIP"
Dammit !!!

Stay healthy my friends ....
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
apexit4993.00

      04-07-2020, 02:23 PM   #262
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3529
Rep
3,279
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
- According the latest :

USA + 1522
France + 1417
UK + 786
Italy + 604
Spain + 556
Belgium + 403
Netherlands + 234

"In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"
May their poor souls "RIP"
Dammit !!!

Stay healthy my friends ....
How can it jump from 439 to 786 today in UK,that's just crazy !!
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2020, 02:41 PM   #263
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20483
Rep
12,020
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
How can it jump from 439 to 786 today in UK,that's just crazy !!
Indeed my friend . Check it out => https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Here in Belgium it's even more crazy . According the newsflash from this evening, before they didn't counted the virus death in our retirement homes .
Actually it's a shame !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
apexit4993.00

      04-07-2020, 03:00 PM   #264
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
1208
Rep
1,447
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Indeed my friend . Check it out => https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Here in Belgium it's even more crazy . According the newsflash from this evening, before they didn't counted the virus death in our retirement homes .
Actually it's a shame !
So very terrible - the numbers are peaking and it's horrible.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST