BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding spotify

01-05-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
instalher
25cent millionaire
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 m4 comp vert

Garage List
2020 bmw  [0.00]
  [9.00]
  [0.00]
  [9.50]
2018 bmw 230i xdrive  [8.50]
spotify

hey guys, recently bought my first g30 and coming from a f 30, what a nice change... I haven't really had much drive time in the car yet but I have a few questions regarding the info system..
1. I subscribe to spotify. my android device has a lot of my playlists, when I turn on the Bluetooth on my phone, sync it to the car, and scroll down and click on the spotify logo, the album display art will show if applicable, all the icons on the left of the screen will be there but no music will play... Now the music from spotify will play if I go out of spotify and click on my device, but then I cant due anything but ff and rewind. My data is on from my phone..
2. How can I get my car to generate a wifi spot.. the salesman said the car can due this... due I call BMW Canada??
3.) why on my 2016 bmw x1 can I receive and read on the idrive screen my incoming texts, but on my new g30, I have no idea if iam reciving any texts. MY x1 I just click office, then new messages, and voila there are all my incoming texts, very usefull feature and I would think for 70grand this would be included..
Appreciate 0