BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding So I followed the instructions in the BMWNA Carplay email and now this!

12-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #1
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

I did the update BMW Assist as requested in the email and now when I click Connected Drive Store I get this. Yes, I left the car overnight. Also tried an iDrive reboot.

Car is 2019 and iDrive 6 is on Firmware Q. I'll soon (eventually) go in for the backup camera recall so maybe newer firmware resolves this?
Attached Images

12-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
I did the update BMW Assist as requested in the email and now when I click Connected Drive Store I get this. Yes, I left the car overnight. Also tried an iDrive reboot.

Car is 2019 and iDrive 6 is on Firmware Q. I'll soon (eventually) go in for the backup camera recall so maybe newer firmware resolves this?
Do the backup camera recall which will put you on version S.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 12:12 PM   #3
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:

Is your Connected Drive Store working after doing the Update BMW Assist as requested in the email?
      12-20-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is your Connected Drive Store working after doing the Update BMW Assist as requested in the email?
I haven't received the email yet, but everything is working fine even after doing those steps.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:22 AM   #5
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't received the email yet, but everything is working fine even after doing those steps.
Just so I'm clear, your Connected Drive Store populates information?

I called BMW about this issue and they're clueless. One more reason why I need to get to dealer for iStep update. Fix one thing break two more!
      12-24-2019, 03:22 PM   #6
clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

Same problem for me as well hasn't gotten the time to get it fixed... I was following the emails steps as well, though my CarPlay hasn't expired yet per old time line so it's working now anyway...

Also I don't see anywhere that says update all app as indicated on the email any idea where that is?

Edit: I have also done the backup camera back in oct/nov already
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 03:24 PM   #7
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
Quote:

Same problem for me as well hasn't gotten the time to get it fixed... I was following the emails steps as well, though my CarPlay hasn't expired yet per old time line so it's working now anyway...

Also I don't see anywhere that says update all app as indicated on the email any idea where that is?

Edit: I have also done the backup camera back in oct/nov already
This just started showing up for me when I launch the ConnectedDrive Store app within my vehicle. This just started doing this in the last day or two. According to BMW Assist Customer Care, it is being removed from all vehicles.

I've been on the latest firmware EVO Q several weeks before that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      01-08-2020, 10:26 AM   #8
Double-M
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-series

Anyone got more information about this? I Have the same problem since two weeks now.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 12:30 PM   #9
runbuh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-M View Post
Anyone got more information about this? I Have the same problem since two weeks now.
Just curious - what do you see for the status in the Connected Drive web site (Connected+ and ConnectedDrive)?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 04:30 PM   #10
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by runbuh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-M View Post
Just curious - what do you see for the status in the Connected Drive web site (Connected+ and ConnectedDrive)?
Mine looks similar to yours. Seems BMW is killing off the iDrive version of the Connected Drive Store but they're not doing it very elegantly. When you first start the car the Connected Drive Store doesn't show up. It takes a good 3-5 minutes before it displays onscreen. Happens about same time as some of the apps populate on the list. What would be more elegant (to me) is if they'd just block the link to the Store altogether. Don't populate it onscreen. Or provide a clearer message onscreen directing people to the website to access the Store. The way the current message reads, one might believe the Store is gone altogether. In other words, it's not clear.
      01-08-2020, 09:53 PM   #11
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Mine looks similar to yours. Seems BMW is killing off the iDrive version of the Connected Drive Store but they're not doing it very elegantly. When you first start the car the Connected Drive Store doesn't show up. It takes a good 3-5 minutes before it displays onscreen. Happens about same time as some of the apps populate on the list. What would be more elegant (to me) is if they'd just block the link to the Store altogether. Don't populate it onscreen. Or provide a clearer message onscreen directing people to the website to access the Store. The way the current message reads, one might believe the Store is gone altogether. In other words, it's not clear.
They should just show the same message they show on iDrive 7. It is just loading a remote page since they updated it without any iDrive updates. And that one is a lot clearer.

https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7#post25615937
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 05:51 AM   #12
Double-M
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-series

Quote:
Originally Posted by runbuh View Post
This is what I see on the ConnectedDrive (UK) portal:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0