BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications LCI Headlight "Angel Eyes"

02-19-2024, 04:03 PM   #1
CT_M550
Registered
Rep
Drives: '21 BMW M550

Question LCI Headlight "Angel Eyes"

Hey, I was trying to turn the brightness on the new LCI "angel eyes" that look like bananas on bimmercode but I couldn't find any such option. Does anyone know where that would be or if it exists?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 05:35 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_M550 View Post
Hey, I was trying to turn the brightness on the new LCI "angel eyes" that look like bananas on bimmercode but I couldn't find any such option. Does anyone know where that would be or if it exists?
I know it's in there, I just don't remember where. You want to select 100% when your there.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 10:59 PM   #3
WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

According to my notes, it's in the Right/Left Front Light Modules (FLML, FLMR.) Called "Angel Eyes Brightness." You have to code both headlights separately. I've never tried it so I can't comment on how well it works.

EDIT: I see the OP refers to LCI Angel Eyes. My notes are based on a pre-LCI car so maybe that option isn't available in the LCI. Not that I was aware of any difference between them though.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 07:21 PM   #4
CT_M550
Registered
Rep
Drives: '21 BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by WretchedRefuse View Post
According to my notes, it's in the Right/Left Front Light Modules (FLML, FLMR.) Called "Angel Eyes Brightness." You have to code both headlights separately. I've never tried it so I can't comment on how well it works.

EDIT: I see the OP refers to LCI Angel Eyes. My notes are based on a pre-LCI car so maybe that option isn't available in the LCI. Not that I was aware of any difference between them though.

The only things I saw that were a possible relation to the angel eyes were the settings "C_DLS_SATURATION_Left_IN" and OUT also possibly LIC_LCI_BRIGHTNESS_FORMULAS but I don't understand a single thing in expert mode so I'm just at a loss haha
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 06:32 PM   #5
WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_M550 View Post
The only things I saw that were a possible relation to the angel eyes were the settings "C_DLS_SATURATION_Left_IN" and OUT also possibly LIC_LCI_BRIGHTNESS_FORMULAS but I don't understand a single thing in expert mode so I'm just at a loss haha
Since it was warm today I went out and confirmed what I see in Bimmercode with my pre-LCI G30. The only option I see for Front Light Module is "Angel Eyes brightness," and when I clicking it I see options for 61% and 100%. If you don't see the same on your car I can only assume that the option isn't available for you to code. You could try reaching out to Bimmercode support (there is a "support request" main menu option in the app) but I certainly wouldn't go around changing things in Expert Mode unless I was 100% sure of what I was doing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0